Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2024, 14:56   #196
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Citroen Basalt SUV Coupe spotted testing in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
This has to be a standout feature, so many cars around today in the 10-20L range and not even one offers an adjustable thigh support. Citroen has won me over with this one.
Agree 100%. Was going over the photos and couldn't believe what I was seeing .

The silhouette looks more than palpable IMO. The design strikes me as sophisticated. TATA's designs have got a toyish impressions about them IMO. The Curvv more so than others. NOT a popular opinion but my money is on the Basalt for being the better buy. The complete package - drivetrain, looks and the drivability & comfort that Citroen is known for. Let's not forget the price.

This is a really exciting release and the hype is warranted. I've been a big supporter of "Buy Indian", but this is one vehicle that I'll be following closely and hoping for and impact that can shift the topography of the Indian market and the buyer's mentality.
s2K_scorpioN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 15:01   #197
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Now, when I see this car it seems that the segment being offered is a mix of Tigor Dzire-like cars on steroids with a little bit of modern-day makeup to blend in the market for sales. what do you all think?

The car is better in design in terms but the tyre size seems to be a bubble makes it odd as the rear proportions are better in terms of the front.
VikramAditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 15:06   #198

It looks more like a sedan than a coupe. Pricing of basalt is going to be a key factor as Curvv is offering way more features.
Adjustable under thigh support is really a well thought feature.
Old 3rd August 2024, 15:43   #199

Looks very good in photos. Interior seems good and space in rear is also seems quite adequate. There is a good amount of boot space. Basic features are given. Now only proper pricing is required to make it a star of 2024.

Don't you think, giving rear AC vent housing in white colour is just stupid thing. I believe, even back of the front seat should also be of black colour. This simple logic, but somehow designers and decision makers are not understanding it.
nikvint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:31   #200
Senior - BHPian

I think if prices are on par with the Nexon, this could very well be Citroen's Seltos in terms of brand marketing. This is what they should have started with.

The C3, Aircross etc should have been launched later on so potential Basalt buyers on lower end of the price segment, how Kia played with the Sonet basically.
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:42   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks great overall and I am sure it will be priced well. Citreon has to somehow lift sales out of doldrums. This looks so much better than the Tata Curvv. Feels like Tata went overboard with the lifted rear side of the Curvv too much, it is too high and looks ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Does this have Cruise Control? There were talks of including that.
This is a very good question. Citreon had not provided this important feature even in the top end variants of C3 and C3 Aircross. Comparing the steering wheel picture above of the Basalt with the C3 Aircross, the buttons look identical in the Basalt, and I do not see cruise controls.it could be on a separate stalk and not visible in the picture, though. I hope they do provide it and also price a mid spec with all essential features reasonably, this is their only chance to pull themselves out of total obliteration in India.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:43   #202
BHPian

Citroen has to bring in ADAS too at least as an option and address the safety ratings as well. I am looking forward to its review.
Most important of all, it has to address the elephant in the room, the basic problem affecting Jeep, VW, Skoda too, the thin service network. How, i.e a million dollars question.

Last edited by fawad0222 : 3rd August 2024 at 16:47.
Old 3rd August 2024, 17:19   #203
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Post 7th aug. Need to check the coupe segment in person . In pictures i am gaining different views . Basalt looks like Dzire on stilts in picture. Similarly, Curvv looked weird initially but now a few more pictures it has started to look better. This month is interesting for showroom visits
Old 3rd August 2024, 17:23   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Man, this needs the fantastic 110 hp 1.5 diesel of the Duster or the 140 hp 1.3 turbo petrol. 110 hp is a bit less for this segment and size. Looks like an AMT there, just hope they get the CVT of the Kiger.
Well that engine (k9k) is not BS6 compliant and was an ancient engine in it's basic architecture (some early variations are from the late 90's). At most they can bring the 1.3 turbo from final Duster in India.
Old 3rd August 2024, 17:41   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

This is a very good question. Citreon had not provided this important feature even in the top end variants of C3 and C3 Aircross. Comparing the steering wheel picture above of the Basalt with the C3 Aircross, the buttons look identical in the Basalt, and I do not see cruise controls.it could be on a separate stalk and not visible in the picture, though. I hope they do provide it and also price a mid spec with all essential features reasonably, this is their only chance to pull themselves out of total obliteration in India.
I just hope that it’s present on the car. I would’ve liked Push button start, auto wipers and headlamps as well but the absence of those are not a deal breaker but cruise control is a mandate for me especially with that beautiful TC gearbox which has started to slowly become the national automatic gearbox of Indian manufacturers.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 17:43   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Citroen has to bring in ADAS too at least as an option and address the safety ratings as well. I am looking forward to its review.
Most important of all, it has to address the elephant in the room, the basic problem affecting Jeep, VW, Skoda too, the thin service network. How, i.e a million dollars question.
At this time, ADAS is still not reliable and our conditions do not support it much either. Even if they release it without that, it can still hope to do great, at least much better than the C3 aircross, and I seriously hope they bring the additional features in to the C3 Aircross as well.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 17:53   #207
gus
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikvint View Post

Don't you think, giving rear AC vent housing in white colour is just stupid thing. I believe, even back of the front seat should also be of black colour. This simple logic, but somehow designers and decision makers are not understanding it.
Well, you are right to point it out, however, there is a flip side to it as well.
I have a car with all back interiors including leatherette seats. Trust me you will not want to get inside of the car in summer and definitely not if it's parked under the sun. Feels like sitting on a hot pan. . My other car has lighter interiors and leatherette seats, and although it has to be cleaned more often, still it is the one I like to drive around during summers.
gus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 18:11   #208
BHPian

Hi, a very good attempt by Citroen with Basalt. Pricing of Turbo engine is the key. My expectation is:

Base variant of 1.2L NA engine to be at 8.50 lacs ex showroom
Mid variant of 1.2L NA engine to be at 9.99 lacs ex showroom

Mid variant of 1.2L Turbo MT to be at 11.99 lacs ex showroom
Top variant of 1.2L Turbo MT to be at 12.99 lacs ex showroom

Mid variant of 1.2L Turbo AT (if they launch) to be at 13.50 lacs ex showroom
Top variant of 1.2L Turbo AT to be at 14.50 lacs ex showroom
GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 18:27   #209
BHPian

It looks very promising product and I am eagerly waiting for the TEAM-BHP's review. The Citroen's decision to focus on functionality rather than gimmick despite setbacks is commendable in present market condition. Kudos!. The adjustable thigh support with excellent drive quality makes the rear seat too sweet. A win-win situation for both driver and rear passengers. You don't need to worry about the comfort of elderly parents in rear seat while enjoying the driving pleasure.

The pride of present Citroen owners is more than sufficient for me to consider Citroen for the future buys. So it I am in market now, I will not even consider the Tata Curvv as a choice because Basalt ticks most of the boxes that I would be considering.
  1. Good Engine
  2. Good Transmission
  3. Ride Quality
  4. No Sunroof
  5. Comfortable and wide rear seat
  6. Reliability
If Citroen comes with a good safety rating, I would be happy to add it to my garage. Definitely a no non-sense car
On4Wheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 20:42   #210
BHPian

Very neat design, much more than competition. Is the turbo petrol E20 compliant. Ans what's with Ceat tyres, looks like a choice from the bottom of the pit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks