Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2024, 17:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants

GT, GT Plus, GT Line, GT Edge....Why can't they simplify the variants and just have one 'sporty' variant? If I am shopping for a Taigun, I would be super confused.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 21:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Virtus GT Plus Sport in pictures.

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214602_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214611_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214618_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214627_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214635_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214645_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214658_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214707_instagram.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants-smartselect_20240321214723_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 22:54   #18
BHPian

Brilliant launch. Maruti and Hyundai will have to think hard how to beat this ace of spade.
Old_Salt is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 05:48   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I expected Panoramic roof (export variants get them from Day 1, Indians love it, usage nothwithstanding), 18 inch wheels (la Creta, Seltos), ADAS (la all rivals barring Suzuki twins), e brake (almost all rivals get them), segment hygiene features like 360 cameras, real ambient lights, rear sunshades, driving modes, air purifier and many more! .
Please remember VW has to keep adding bits and bobs for the next 7 years to the current Taigun and Virtus, affix new stickes and keep selling these models for a long time to come. If they provided everything in your list at one go, what will they do for the next 6-7 years? Wolfsburg is not going to bless India with any new models until someone senior up there wakes up one fine morning and thoughts of India enter their head, which happens once in a blue moon.
84.monsoon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 06:00   #20
BHPian

Those black leatherette seats are so sad and dismal :( Im not saying everything should be beige, but surely there's some color scheme to make it feel more airy and bright.. Those low, dark rear seats looks like a torture chamber for long distance travel
ballkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 07:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
Brilliant launch. Maruti and Hyundai will have to think hard how to beat this ace of spade.
Yeah. That is true. Hyundai will now have to work harder to move from 14500 odd Creta's per month to 15000. Ditto Maruti for the Vitaras. Thanks to a great sticker job !
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 08:57   #22
BANNED

What a disappointing launch. But what I don't get is why all VW cars look the same here in India. It's always the same old boring front design that has been going on for a decade with slight modifications here and there.

At 25L one would expect their car to be a looker no matter how good its engine and driving is. I am sure many would get demotivated if they think their car doesn't look good for the price.

VW needs to up its game in India. Seriously.
Old 22nd March 2024, 10:04   #23
BHPian

I would give it to VW for being the manufacturer with highest variant launches for miniscule sales.

Their marketing team is persistent since Polo days.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 10:24   #24
BHPian

I think it’s good option to have because there are many people who love black interiors & they would love to go for it. Also, just search #Virtus in instagram and you will come across many blacked out Virtus with chrome delete. When you are getting such options from factory itself plus that lovely GT steering, there’s no harm.
sachin_cs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 11:29   #25

VW is just like Apple.
Oh we have just introduced brand new feature "Type C" port. Yaaay!!

They can't lead market because of their inflated ego. We are the best. We have the best global products blah blah.

I was hoping for a hatch or a sub4 new car and all we got was a sticker/variants. Only enthusiast will buy their car and TBH there are limited number of enthusiasts in market.

Even Elevate is selling more than Virtus and Taigun combined, they understood the market eventually.
Bazooka1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:00   #26
BHPian

If you can't convince the crowd, confuse them is what they are on about I suppose. So much redundancy unlike KIA who actually have something for every price range.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Why is VW so insistent on that purple lighting in all their events? It ruins the look of their cars and the colours they intend to market. That alone ruins any interest they intend to create with these 'launch' events.
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka1989 View Post

I was hoping for a hatch or a sub4 new car and all we got was a sticker/variants.
But how? They have clearly communicated their India plan and there isn't any hatchback in it.

Expecting more features in a GT Sport, absolutely but a new which they have never promised seems a little weird.
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:21   #29
BHPian

The Virtus GT Plus Sport does not even get cosmetic changes also in full! No red stitching on steering and seats. It says "grey stitch" 😀

Alloy is same. Red Caliper is same as GT Plus. De-chroming is the only thing. Also, is it really a black body skirting, as the last Vento and Polo had? If it is a separate kit, one can simply go for GT Plus and then pick and choose these.

A Sport edition should at least get a 17 inch alloy.

These are half-hearted cosmetic editions.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:44   #30

Re: Volkswagen Taigun & Virtus GT Plus Sport variants

This is such a disappointment even considering the fact that it is a VW. Even though I was not expecting any major updates, I was hoping that they would put in at least a 360 camera and 17" wheels when they teased "GT" in their IG handle.

However I noticed that most of the media outlets terming the showcased Virtus as a 'concept' rather than a launch in contrast to the Taigun which has actually been launched. Sincerely hoping VW would take note of the market sentiment towards this event and do the needful when they finally launch the GT Plus Sport variant of Virtus. But VW being VW , I have low hopes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks