Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 17:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India

In a surprising turn of events, Ford India has recently filed a new design patent, generating a buzz in the automotive community. The leaked photo hints at the possibility of a sub-4m SUV, sparking speculation about whether it could be the much-anticipated next Vehicle for the Indian market.

Will it be an EV or is it the rival to the mid segment SUV taking on Hyundai's Creta?

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-nextgenfordecosportpatentleaks2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th February 2024 at 17:16.
volkman10 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 18:01   #2
BHPian

Ford Patents Hyundai Creta Rival in India

If this exclusive report from Motor Beam is to be believed, Ford has patented a compact SUV to rival the Hyundai Creta in India. The report also mentions the future launch of Ford Mustang Mach E electric crossover along with an all-new affordable electric vehicle for India. Here is the link to the exclusive report:

https://www-motorbeam-com.cdn.amppro...al-in-india%2F
denny_ace is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 18:06   #3
BHPian

Re: Ford Patents Hyundai Creta Rival in India

I was reading this a minute ago on motorbeam. Just another case of another day another Ford patent. I don't see anything more than that.

Edit: Ford sold their hyper technology factory for peanuts. I wouldn't believe any Ford reentry rumour after this. Also, the article says that the patent filed resembles that of a prototype Ford from the Mahindra partnership days. So what if it's just a Mahindra mistaken for a Ford?

I have zero hope of Ford returning to India. All these Ford comeback articles are just clickbait.

Last edited by saikishor : 26th February 2024 at 18:11.
saikishor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 19:26   #4
BHPian

Re: Ford Patents Hyundai Creta Rival in India

No, probably not a comeback. That SUV was supposed to launch in 2022 or 2023, but then cancelled altogether because Ford shut shop.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 19:28   #5
BANNED

Re: Ford could make a U-turn on small cars; Plans to introduce small, affordable EVs

Just bring back an updated version of the Ecosport with better ride quality and space management. That's all they need to do.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 19:39   #6
BHPian

Re: Ford could make a U-turn on small cars; Plans to introduce small, affordable EVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In a surprising turn of events, Ford India has recently filed a new design patent, generating a buzz in the automotive community. The leaked photo hints at the possibility of a sub-4m SUV, sparking speculation about whether it could be the much-anticipated next Vehicle for the Indian market.

Will it be an EV or is it the rival to the mid segment SUV taking on Hyundai's Creta?

Attachment 2576577
This patent resembles a car leaked some years back, this was when the Ford-Mahindra JV broke, this car could be a Creta rival
Attached Thumbnails
Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordcsuvdesign1.jpg  

noblebeam is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 19:46   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblebeam View Post
This patent resembles a car leaked some years back, this was when the Ford-Mahindra JV broke, this car could be a Creta rival
Where does this fit in their global line-up? I don't think any India specific SUV will be developed from the group.
Old 26th February 2024, 20:03   #8
BHPian

I would love to see this launched here, but I have my doubts on the Ford come back, re establishing sales touch points and winning customer confidence is an up hill task and more than that, a car company doesn't exit a country for a short term, most decisions would be taken with some foresight and not hastened, This patenting of cars is not making any sense to me.
abaliga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 20:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
You are very right, it is exactly same. looks like Ford is patanting the design so that Mahindra or any other manufacturer cannot use this.

I do not think Ford will comeback to india in near future.
rnaduthota is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 20:45   #10
BHPian

It's always better to NOT get too excited about this. And if Ford is tight-lipped about it, it's likely for a good reason. Ford's new global priority is profits from a lean and well engineered product line-up. Sadly though, the Indian market does not appeal or rather align with Ford's new global vision (Govt. policies at blame here). Hence, it is highly unlikely that Ford will choose to revive its India portfolio up and running again.
LaRoca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 20:48   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Yess!! It is the same design of the JV. That grill made me remember this picture with front grill. What i feel is. I know its hard to see a comeback as everyone says. But since there is a good image of ford cars, service points are functioning well. And the indian market is a great opportunity to work in with recent found appreciation of safety and driving dynamics. I see this as a good sign.

This car is a great opportunity to enter the hot segment of crossovers. This design was already prepped, major r&d already done. We may see a ford 2.0 soon. Hope it happens
TheStoryweaver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 21:38   #12

This looks like, it's based on XUV300. The rear part and the window area look similar to XUV 300. Maybe they are rekindling the partnership or probably filed a patent to stop Mahindra from doing something to the XUV300 and then selling it in the market.
Kurrant is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 22:31   #13
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 26th February 2024, 22:48   #14
BHPian

This car's side profile looks like a blend of Kia Seltos and Magnite :

Name:  Screenshot 20240226 224753.png
Views: 642
Size:  233.6 KB
MotorDev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 22:53   #15
BHPian

Quote: