Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2024, 19:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In a surprising turn of events, Ford India has recently filed a new design patent, generating a buzz in the automotive community. The leaked photo hints at the possibility of a sub-4m SUV, sparking speculation about whether it could be the much-anticipated next Vehicle for the Indian market.

Will it be an EV or is it the rival to the mid segment SUV taking on Hyundai's Creta?

This was present in the plant way back in 2020 itself during the Mahindra JV agreement. This was the present XUV700 in Ford's skin. However the Indian leadership had a lot of foul play and I will not divulge further on what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Ford sincerely deserves all the love and warmth, once they're back in India. Ford-ians will go teary eyed if it actually comes to a fruition. They've sincerely given us some of the best handling cars, super hot hatches and an SUV that still means business in India. This seems to be the same cross-over if the spy shots were to be corroborated with the Mahindra JV.

Note to Ford, your Ecosport and Figo series did the job very well for you. ADAS, creature comforts and bringing in carefully iterated variants and pricing it sensibly would mean you can have very good numbers over and above the junk-pile of pseudo crossovers flooding the Indian market. With a slow decline observed in the performance hatchback segement, the Indian market is upgrading itself to the C-SUV and P-SUV where Ford can play really well.

With the Blue Oval hype apexing at a never before level here in India post Ford's exit, it's only time Ford sincerely uses this as a stepping stone and gets the game going. Win or not, would personally be happy to see Ford back in India.

C'mon Ford you can do it, not everyone gets a second chance. Rock it, because you thoroughly deserve a second inning!

Cheers!
VJ
You read my emotion right. I literally was in tears when Ford announced it's exit on Sep 9,2021(though it was known way back in 2020 end when the SE edition was launched as a stop gap arrangement and removed rear wiper and auto AC in the Figo Titanium triplets).

They were and still are one of the most ethical companies when it comes to employees, customer and vendor satisfaction. Though I never got an opportunity to work for ford directly, I've learnt a lot in the last 6 years of my ownership with the ecosport and was a fan of their since childhood.

In fact it's Ford's third innings if they come back to India. First innings was from 1926 till 1954 in India. Second innings was from 1995-2021. Bad leadership was the reason for their downfall in the second innings as their leadership had bean counters who later became siphoners and all the top communication directors and marketing directors jumped ship in early 2021 itself.

Have a look at their global sustainability and finance reports and you all will understand why I respect Ford so much. They are bullish about diesels still being relevant in the global scenario.

[ATTACH=2023-integrated-sustainability-and-financial-report (1).pdf]2577490[/ATTACH]

By the way, Ford will come back for sure with CKDs and CBUs but we cannot say when and how. I will be tight lipped about it.

Last edited by jithin23 : 28th February 2024 at 19:02.
jithin23 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 09:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post

By the way, Ford will come back for sure with CKDs and CBUs but we cannot say when and how. I will be tight lipped about it.
Lovely and heartening to read this as a die hard Ford fan. My 3.5 year old Ecosport S TDCI is probably the best vehicle that I have ever owned, and it has given me immense pleasure over 40,000 kms of driving. Looking forward to many more years of driving pleasure with it. The vehicle is a rare one which mixes good performance, handling, driving dynamics, build quality and reliability and ease of maintenance all in one, coupled with handsome butch looks. Still prefer it over the other C-SUVs in the market today.

Really hope Ford comes back soon with some well thought out offerings which can set alight the enthusiast market in the 15-30 lakhs price range.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th February 2024 at 09:48.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 17:56   #33
BHPian

I believe many existing Ford Ecosport owners are still struggling finding a logical upgrade (including myself). These owners have their cars ranging from 5-10 years old and some are even happy to buy a newer used Ecosport. A 4.3m Ford is just the car we need forbus mass people rather than a new Everest or a Mustang E.
There is, however, a significant chunk of buyers who could do with a more VFM Fortuner Competitor in Everest / Endeavour but as a CBU it won't be cheap either.
Love4Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 19:40   #34

Really hope this happens sometime in near future and will be in line surely to get their SUV. Being a owner of the Ecosport 1 L Ecoboost Titanium model for past 9 years, just love the handling, performance, build quality and great reliability of the car till date, absolutely no niggles faced till date, apart from normal wear and tear of parts. Just last week one of my friends who drove this model for the first time was absolutely amazed by the performance and its superb handling and manners at proper highway speeds, more so when i updated him the car had only a 1000 CC engine. I for one have really cherished the great driving pleasure and handling of the car over the
years.. Even the service and spare parts availibility is ok for now at least in Gurgaon.. Hope this news materializes and Ford make a comeback soon to our shores..
Centauri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 09:06   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2020 proto that was built and later shelved by Ford!

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordindiahyundaicretarival.jpeg

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordindiashyundaicretarivalrear.jpeg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 14:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The 2020 proto that was built and later shelved by Ford!

Attachment 2580175

Attachment 2580174

Link:
That's the Ford Evos for the Chinese market. News portals are again spreading false information

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-2022fordevosfirstonroadpicturesdecember2021exterior001.jpg

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-2022fordevosfirstrealworldphotosmarch2022exterior008-1.jpg

Last edited by TaurusSHO : 6th March 2024 at 14:47.
TaurusSHO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 23:06   #37
BHPian

Seems the everest has landed in India, and MID suv could still be a publicity stunt.
Or may be, it could be just passing from our country to some other neighbouring destination.
Attached Thumbnails
Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-img20240306wa0012.jpg  

Last edited by DivyanshuDiv : 6th March 2024 at 23:09.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 06:30   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
Or may be, it could be just passing from our country to some other neighbouring destination.
Just that this time the flatbed has Tamilnadu registration. So the transit reason doesn't stand in this case now.
Old 7th March 2024, 07:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Seems the everest has landed in India, and MID suv could still be a publicity stunt.
The countries transport that passes through India is only for Bhutan and Nepal. Both of their cargo goes through Kolkata port. So it is impossible that it's for another country. It is a test bed for local R&D. I think there is a website which specifies import data from where we used to get data of imported cars. Anyone has any knowledge about it?
Old 7th March 2024, 09:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the new Ford Endeavour (Everest). It's got a really macho looking front end with C shaped DRL's. There was news that this would be imported and sold in India (2500 units scheme) by Ford.
Old 16th April 2024, 18:59   #41
BHPian

Latest article from Motorbeam dated yesterday indicates Ford filed a design patent for another SUV/MPV. Looks and design wise this is totally different from the previous design patents filed for the CSUV and CX757 (Ford skinned XUV700). This design is clearly not for sale currently in any market. Looks and size wise seems like an evolution of Kuga/Escape developed specifically for India and other export markets.
Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordmpvpatent.jpg

Source - Motorbeam

Last edited by nightraven : 16th April 2024 at 19:00. Reason: Source added
nightraven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 14:36   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Territory SUV name trademarked in India.

Quote:
The latest patent that has surfaced online is of Ford Territory, also known as Equator in some markets. Ford Territory is a 4.6m long SUV and sits below Everest (Endeavour). When launched, Ford Territory will lock horns with Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV700, MG Hector and the likes. This segment strikes a decent proposition of good profitability and sales.
Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordterritorysuvtrademarkindialaunch.jpg

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordterritorysuvtrademarkindialaunch121068x601.jpg

Mid-size Ford SUV design patent filed in India-fordterritorysuvtrademarkindialaunch131068x543-1.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th April 2024 at 14:40.
volkman10 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 18:25   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Ford Territory SUV name trademarked in India.
This car will be a winner, in my opinion.

Both XUV700 and Harrier are just big bully looking machines without the driving dynamics or reliable engineering.

In fact both Mahindra and Tata cars are very poor on the engineering and reliability score.

i am so hoping that all these rumours of Ford cars come true. Fingers crossed.
samarthnarayan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 00:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarthnarayan View Post
i am so hoping that all these rumours of Ford cars come true. Fingers crossed.
Territory I believe is compared against likes of Tucson internationally, not sure it would be priced in XUV, Harrier range unless this is a completely different vehicle and is being called as Territory!

Well if they do then they have a winner.

Looking at how well VW group is doing with 1.0 and 1.5 TSI, ford had the early bird advantage with 1.0 ecoboost engines. Anyways that’s history now, hope they make a comeback soon and hit the festive season 2024!!
firstdrive is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 00:41   #45
BHPian

Internationally this comes with only 1.5L and 1.8L ecoboost petrol engines, and no diesel engine options. Although the vehicle looks great, the engine option itself is going to limit it's charm and appeal.

Why would Ford do this? Why not bring a worthy competitor with engine and drive-train options. Why set up itself for a failure and then may be back out of market again? Is it so difficult to understand customer preferences and demands?
LordSharan is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed