View Poll Results: Your choice?
Home Delivery 102 29.82%
Showroom Delivery 240 70.18%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2024, 13:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota cars to be dispatched to dealerships on flatbeds

Toyota has launched a new service to transport new vehicles from the dealer’s stockyard to the customer on a flatbed.

Toyota cars to be dispatched to dealerships on flatbeds-20240215113100_toyota-car-delivery-resized-.001.jpeg

The delivery service will be a no-cost option for customers. Transit insurance will be provided by the dealer. Initially, the service will be available across 130 authorized Toyota dealerships in 26 states.

According to Toyota, the delivery service will help reduce risks and improve reliability during transportation. It would also eliminate the need for dealer staff to drive the new car from the stockyard to the dealership.

Dealerships will engage logistics companies to deliver the vehicles on single-carrier flatbed trucks.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by Aditya : 17th February 2024 at 19:50.
TusharK is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 13:56   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota cars to be dispatched to dealerships on flatbeds

What a wonderful idea! It's a win-win and I would certainly opt for it. Good for the dealer as he would need lesser resources (or do more with what he has), be it real estate, staff etc. Great for the customer! The sheer convenience & avoiding the crowds at the dealer.

Just as Amazon, Flipkart, BigBasket, Zomato, WeFast etc. deliver practically anything to your house, it's now the turn of cars. The last 4 cars I bought (530d, Superb, Thar, Civic) were all very far from my house and not localities I'm a fan of.

I'm for it. Adding poll. Voting for "home delivery" only because the car is coming on a flatbed (vs a dealership driver dropping it home).

Last edited by GTO : 15th February 2024 at 17:15. Reason: One more thing
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:09   #3
BHPian

Somehow I like going to showroom and picking it up.
When delivered home,
- You need enough space/bigger enough road for a truck to come in.
- Will be a center of attraction/focus of the whole road and I am a low key person
- I would prefer, getting ready with family, heading out for delivery and then off to a temple for pooja etc

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2024 at 16:51. Reason: Typo, caps, spacing.
sathya.bhat is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:14   #4
BHPian

For me it certainly depends on the manufactures from where I am going to buy a car. If it is a Jap/Indian car then I would prefer home treatment (no fun or excitement in showroom- my experience).
If it's some European or premium brands if I'm buying, then would like to feel their delivery experience and the way they try to celebrate each and every delivery occasions.
So, it's a mixed condition for me.

Anyway, a welcome move by Toyota. Many people would certainly do not like to come to the crowded dealer and take a car. Good job.
thebikemaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:17   #5
BHPian

Voted: Showroom delivery

Sorry, this would work only if Toyota can ensure that the dealer is delivering a car without any defects.

Imagine getting a new car delivered and it shows up with some defects, there even isnt an easy way to address them.
Bhodrolok is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:18   #6
BHPian

Voted for showroom delivery!

I like the occasion of a new car delivery. The day feels like a celebration, specially when we go out, celebrate a bit on the showroom, click pictures etc.

Maybe when I get older I might prefer the other option.

PS: I can already see the youtube/instagram 'influencers' making reels about new car on flat bad being a bad thing
Siddj38 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 14:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Home Delivery. Toyota already does this in many countries. I asked for this option during my Fortuner delivery. SA was reluctant and said he did not want to take the risk of a showroom driver scratching the new car. And I had to ask my sister to come along with me to showroom so that she could drive our other car back. The Hyundai SA was kind enough to do home delivery of our Xcent 10 years back. Not in a flatbed though. To me, a showroom delivery is a hassle unless I am exchanging a car the same day and driving out with new car.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 15th February 2024 at 14:37.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 15:45   #8
BHPian

By the way, what happens if the car has issues like missed accessories, scratches, paint mismatch etc. Its not uncommon for dealer to hide such incidents, would there be anyone to complete a checklist upon delivery. If not, what would be the credibility of owner's any such claims later.
bullitt1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 15:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

I voted for home delivery, but this will depend mainly on the buyer.

For most of us, buying a Car is an occasion. Whether it's for the first-timer or someone who is upgrading. The whole family gets involved. Kids will be the ones most curious and looking for a new car. They would have been talking about how his/ her Dad/ Mom is getting a New Porsche (Ok- replace with brand of choice ) at school and everywhere.

So, for most folks, it has to be a showroom delivery. However, older guys like me will prefer to get delivered at home.
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 16:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have no preference, but I see there are growing number of buyers who are looking for home delivery. In premium car segment, I see a lot prefer Destination Delivery(Don't know if that's a right term). As long this is optional I would say good move.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 16:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Showroom delivery.

Its much better to check the vehicle to be delivered in the presence of the dealer instead of relying on the logistics provider to deliver it safely. The vehicle at the dealer stock yard is anyways covered in dust, getting it delivered without the right treatments is risky. If the vehicle has been delivered directly to home from the factory then it would have been a different perspective altogether.

Toyota wants customers to not do the PDI at the showroom before the delivery with this initiative?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 16:41   #12
BHPian

I voted for home delivery on a flat bed. This has nothing to do with convenience. I just want the initial engine run in to start from zero kilometres. Dealership drivers are known for not giving two bits about running in an engine smoothly. They just accelerate as hard as possible to get the car to showroom. Purely, to avoid this I voted for home delivery.
Old 15th February 2024, 16:55   #13
Team-BHP Support

I voted for showroom delivery purely because I would not want a spectacle in my apartment complex and would prefer for a new vehicle coming to be a low profile affair.

If I could get PDI done elsewhere, then I wouldn't mind the convenience of a home delivery but only if its a low key drop off and park process and not a song and dance event.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2024 at 17:04.
Axe77 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 16:57   #14

I would opt for the showroom delivery. Nothing beats the special feeling of driving your car for the first time from the showroom to the temple to a celebratory lunch/dinner & then back home, parking it for the first time.

Having it home-delivered robs some of the memorableness away. I still distinctly remember the drive from the dealership to my home for the car & bike I've purchased so far.
Marengo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 17:17   #15
A M
BHPian

I prefer showroom delivery for the following reasons:

1. PDI: I have the option to refuse/delay delivery at the showroom itself if things go awry.
2. For me, it is important to make personal connections at the showroom so I have somebody to call up in case I need any help for small issues/niggles that keep cropping up. Niggles are not limited to Tata and Mahindra these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks