Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 22:56   #16
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift bags 5-star GNCAP rating

While TATA does it again, still waiting for Hyundai Exter’s NCAP ratings. Hyundai went on record to say that Exter will do well in GNCAP, but seems like they forgot to send one to GNCAP.

Last edited by itsbaman : 14th February 2024 at 22:59.
itsbaman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon facelift secures 5-star Global NCAP rating under new protocol

The irony of seeing this while fellow team-BHPian SLN suffers with his disassembled Safari is too much. For people like me, Tata can make cars safer than battletanks but they are not reliable enough to be considered viable automobiles. Although I suppose a car which lies stationary in the workshop for days and months on end is quite safe! So Kudos to Tata, right?
Pyrotek is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 00:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon facelift secures 5-star Global NCAP rating under new protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The thread title says " under new protocol".. any idea what this is about ?
Global NCAP significantly upped their assessment criteria for India in mid-2022 including standard side impact testing as well as optional ESC, pedestrian protection and side pole testing for the higher stars. The pre-facelift Nexon had an older five-star rating based off only a frontal offset test. The new one performs well across the board.
Thread (Understanding Global NCAP's new crash tests for India in 2022)

Last edited by ron178 : 15th February 2024 at 00:30.
ron178 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 07:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
The irony of seeing this while fellow team-BHPian SLN suffers with his disassembled Safari is too much. For people like me, Tata can make cars safer than battletanks but they are not reliable enough to be considered viable automobiles. Although I suppose a car which lies stationary in the workshop for days and months on end is quite safe! So Kudos to Tata, right?
Oh come on! Lets give Credit where its due! Plus, this is about the Nexon and its been one of the top 2 sellers by volume in its segment for a long time now, and relatively we have not seen or heard major quality issues with the Nexon. Agreed, Tata cars in general have certain niggles that need to be sorted out and thats a separate discussion.

The new GNCAP has higher benchmarks and for Tata to get the 2nd highest score is testament to their focus on safety. I recently test drove the new Nexon and the 2024 Kia Sonet back to back, there is a significant difference in the ride and overall build quality. The Sonet is surely fancy and has all the features you need with the nicer interiors, but it doesn’t feel as sturdy as the Nexon.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:05   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Tata and this is a great news.
Old 15th February 2024, 11:22   #21
BHPian

Congratulations TATA !

Kudos to the entire TATA Team for making safer cars for India.
Being a TATA Nexon owner, this news assures a sense of safety while plying on the Indian Roads.

I hope all other Car manufacturers start thinking of bringing Stronger cars for India.
Old 15th February 2024, 11:51   #22
BHPian

Well done..Tata!
Consistently getting 5 stars in safety rating is a remarkable achievement.

But if you could spare atleast 5% of this effort in improving your Quality Control and Service Center worksmanship, imagine where you will reach!

I agree that safety is paramount for a passenger car, but as a manufacturer, there are lot more factors to be considered while making one.
You are not manufacturing military tanks here so that you only need to focus on its bullet-proof strength and safety.
Being a passenger car manufacturer, you need to give equal importance to a lot of other factors like Quality control, Excellent after-sales support, Customer Satisfaction etc.
But sadly that is not the case here.

The painful experience that our fellow-bhpian SLN is going through right now, because of your shoddy Quality control, and incapable Service center is just the latest entry to the list of never-ending Quality and Service Center horror stories from Tata.

Similar to GNCAP Safety rating for cars, if there was a Global rating agency for Service Center Worksmanship, or Consistency in Quality Control or even Customer Satisfaction, we all know how many stars Tata would score!
VinodDevil81 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 12:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift bags 5-star GNCAP rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
32.22 vs 29.71 for Adult Protection
44.52 vs 42 for Child Protection
Please note that the VWs/Skodas if tested today would score an additional point because they now have rear seatbelt reminders. But I have my doubts about whether or not they would be able to score 5 stars in 2024 because of the requirement of curtain airbags on at least 70% units produced as opposed to 30% and 50% for 2022 and 2023 respectively when the SUVs and sedans were tested.
Old 17th February 2024, 02:50   #24

Like many others on this forum, I also think that all this focus on safety will not take them far if they can't solve their QC/QA issues.

What would I do with 5 star safety if the car is a lemon? In a way it's safer maybe because the car does not work at all ��

I own a Tata car, haven't faced a niggle yet (lucky?) and rooting for their success. But so many Tata owners around me have faced niggles that I know that they are fast losing trust.
aishwaryamaurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 06:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Oh come on! Lets give Credit where its due! Plus, this is about the Nexon and its been one of the top 2 sellers by volume in its segment for a long time now, and relatively we have not seen or heard major quality issues with the Nexon. Agreed, Tata cars in general have certain niggles that need to be sorted out and thats a separate discussion.
By now we have seen not one but a couple of posts on this thread which have expressed solidarity with SLN and essentially demanded higher accountability and better quality from Tata. This is what, at least I believe, being a community is all about and the influence I hope we are having on the car manufacturer in question.
When two threads of Tata are trending with polar opposite views, it would not be objective to merely pat Tata on the back for its focus on safety but absolve them of their apathy in other, equally crucial areas.
So I reiterate, well done Tata on making safer cars. Now get yourself sorted on the other factors. Ultimately, reliability is what put Maruti on the nation's map. Tata itself stands more to lose if it doesn't do so.

Last edited by Pyrotek : 17th February 2024 at 06:18.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 10:30   #26
BHPian

Just saw an Ad of Tata Nexon on a website.
Here Tata is claiming 5star BNCAP rating even when the results are not announced for the same! I am sure though that it will score 5 star in BNCAP too.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Tata Nexon facelift secures 5-star Global NCAP rating under new protocol-screenshot_20240331_101906_samsung-internet.jpg  

Last edited by Neeraj1903 : 31st March 2024 at 10:34.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 18:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Here Tata is claiming 5star BNCAP rating even when the results are not announced for the same!
Very interesting. Also found this dealer ad online featuring both ratings, and for the Nexon.ev at that (neither programme has rated the EV yet).

Might be an indicator of what’s cooking at Bharat NCAP.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 00:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Just saw an Ad of Tata Nexon on a website.
Here Tata is claiming 5star BNCAP rating even when the results are not announced for the same! I am sure though that it will score 5 star in BNCAP too.
The new Nexon was tested and the results came out in Feb itself. Details below:

https://www.globalncap.org/news/tata...-the-new-nexon

2023 Tata Nexon facelift secures 5-star Global NCAP rating under new protocol-screenshot_2024040100002574_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b122.jpg

Edit: Just realised the convo is regarding BNCAP, not GNCAP

That said, GNCAP will soon be replaced by BNCAP test, atleast for Indian cars.

Last edited by Torque_Curve : 1st April 2024 at 00:03.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks