Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2024, 14:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite surpasses the 1 lakh unit sales milestone

Nissan has achieved a new milestone in India as Magnite sales cross the 1 lakh unit mark.

Nissan Magnite surpasses the 1 lakh unit sales milestone-2023_nissan_magnite_amt_final_02.jpg

To celebrate the milestone, Nissan has launched a new web-based platform called Nissan One. Customers can use the platform to request a test drive and book a vehicle. It also offers a referral program for customers.

The Nissan Magnite was launched in 2020. The compact SUV was introduced at an introductory price of Rs 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It is available with two engine options – a 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 71 BHP and 96 Nm and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit that puts out 99 BHP and 152 Nm.

Last year, Nissan launched the Magnite AMT in the Indian market. It is available with the 1.0L naturally aspirated petrol engine paired with a 5-speed automated manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 15:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite surpasses the 1 lakh unit sales milestone

Fantastic achievement.
The Magnite has well and truly revived the fortunes of Nissan and remains very capable and safe (4 star NCAP) offering in its segment.
SutilSapien is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 16:27   #3
BHPian

The most underrated CVT Turbo in the market around 9L to 13L INR mark. I hope Nissan is able to recover its reputation with the Magnite sales.

Its French sibling is equally thrilling to drive in that above price bracket.
EshanS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 23:33   #4
BHPian

Nissan needs more products and needs serious revamping of its dealers, because that’s the ultimate touch point for a brand with the customers. I, for one, really like the Maginte but still I would go with the Kiger, reason being- the showroom looks so dark, dingy, even the man power over there are not well trained. Just walk into Nissan Raipur, you would immediately feel the chalta h vibes in their showroom. Car is still a luxury in India and you don’t want to feel compromised with your experience when you are spending your hard earned money. Wish they do what Kia did with the Indian market, also, slowly introduce their global products and place the company where it deserves to be. As GTO says, there’s nothing which a good product can’t solve. When people are lapping up 50L rupees Toyota like a hot cake, there’s no reason why anyone would not buy a good Japanese product if positioned well and they rework their brand, A.S.C.

P.S. I really want companies like Nissan to be on our shores, it did teach the competition that you don’t have to rob your customers bank balance to make a safe car at a price. Kudos to Nissan for achieving that.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 13th February 2024 at 23:35.
sachin_cs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 23:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Magnite has been selling consistently (even if not very well) and that shows its competence for its class. I've always found it a compelling all-round package and even my cousin who drives one has been quite happy with it.

4 years on, it's still a pretty sharp looker and the interior ambience is modern (finish aside). And for its price, some of the missing kit is excusable.

But the sales are certainly not as good as they could be (even for Nissan) and customers no longer put size over everything else, so the Magnite faces tough competition from smaller but better-equipped rivals like the Exter et al. The good news is rumours say it will soon be exported to Mexico which means it will have to be engineered to fit a lot more kit to match rivals there -- and that might just bode well for India too.

Last edited by ron178 : 13th February 2024 at 23:53.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
To celebrate the milestone, Nissan has launched a new web-based platform called Nissan One.
Nissan India's website currently lists 1 vehicle on sale - Nissan Magnite; and they named the newly launched platform as "Nissan One" to celebrate the milestone. Ah, the irony!
furyrider is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 17:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
they named the newly launched platform as "Nissan One" to celebrate the milestone. Ah, the irony!
One Nation, one Vehicle . Jokes apart, the Magnite is undoubtedly a brilliant vehicle; if they had brought updated Kicks, then Nissan would have been in very good condition.

Last edited by GhostGrid : 14th February 2024 at 17:55. Reason: Spell Correction
GhostGrid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 19:23   #8
BHPian

Although Nissan has vary practical & durable vehicles, they were not able to promote them well in India. For MNC brands getting the right price is crucial and I think only Hyundai has been able to achieve that. I own Nissan Micra CVT (2013) and even today she runs well, probably one of the most under rated CVTs on our roads
Old 15th February 2024, 19:32   #9
BHPian

I am proud to say that I am one of the 1 Lakh buyers of Magnite.

It’s a value for money car, mine is a turbo CVT variant and I am using it mainly to commute within the city. It's quite comfortable, spacious and with a great ground clearance and road view.

With the recent increase in variants, I guess the numbers would scale up.

Most Viewed