Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2024, 16:53   #1
BHPian

"New Era of Škoda India" - Event scheduled for 27th Feb, 2024

Quote:
Skoda Auto India has scheduled an event on 27th Feb 2024. The invite reads, “As we step into the ‘New Era of Škoda’, we cordially invite you to join us for an important brand announcement.”

"New Era of Škoda India" - Event scheduled for 27th Feb, 2024-skodaindiaevent27feb2600x376.jpg

Source - RUSHLANE
JDMBOI is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 08:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: "New Era of Škoda India" - Event scheduled for 27th Feb, 2024

Finally some news on the road forward beyond the India 2.0 models! I think we should expect announcements on launch timelines of Octavia RS, and the new gens of Kodiaq and Superb?
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 09:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Finally some news on the road forward beyond the India 2.0 models! I think we should expect announcements on launch timelines of Octavia RS, and the new gens of Kodiaq and Superb?
I don't think the Octavia announcement will be made as global production will start later in the year. Superb and Kodiaq could have a timeline.

More so this will be the Skoda Enyaq launch and likely to touch upon its EV plans going forward.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th February 2024 at 08:55. Reason: Typo
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 10:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Considering what’s been said for some time now, I think it’s very likely to be the Enyaq. About time, any later and it will start to get outdated.

But I do hope Škoda reveals more about the India 2.5 SUV plan too. They have become surprisingly open about it recently.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 10:57   #5

I guess Sub 4-meter SUV unveiling. Claiming as a "new era", I feel it should be a mass market product.
Old 12th February 2024, 17:19   #6
BHPian

This is likely to be a look into the plan for Enyaq as Skoda's first EV in India.
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 18:15   #7
BHPian

Come Skoda India, build the Karoq locally to bridge the gap between Kushaq and Kodiaq!
Also, bring Slavia VRS and sub-4m car with that sweet 1L engine too!
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 00:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Come Skoda India, build the Karoq locally to bridge the gap between Kushaq and Kodiaq!
Also, bring Slavia VRS and sub-4m car with that sweet 1L engine too!
Indian market definitely needs Karoq, but in CKD form. If they start local manufacturing quality will dive down certainly.
Old 13th February 2024, 06:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

The “new era” is nothing but electrification! Its the Enyaq! No way Skoda is unveiling the sub 4m crossover concept, which is a shame since the Enyaq is just going to be one of those expensive CBUs. The event may also have certain indications about the future of localizing electric vehicles in india and possibly exporting from here.
Old 18th February 2024, 19:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Skoda to announce a new sub-4m SUV on February 27

Skoda is reportedly planning to launch the Enyaq electric SUV in India on February 27. In addition to its first pure-electric model, the carmaker might also announce a new compact SUV.

"New Era of Škoda India" - Event scheduled for 27th Feb, 2024-2021skodakushaq03.jpg

According to media reports, Skoda's top global management will be in India to announce the company's future product plans under the 'India 2.5' project. It is likely to include a sub-4 meter SUV positioned below the Kushaq.

The new compact SUV will reportedly be based on the same MQB A0 IN platform as the Kushaq, Slavia, Taigun and Virtus. The sub-4 meter length and 1.0-litre TSI engine will place it under the 28% GST slab.

Reports suggest that the new compact SUV could be launched sometime around March 2025. The carmaker is said to be targeting annual volumes of over 90,000 units to serve both the domestic and export markets.

Skoda might announce fresh investments to support its India 2.5 project.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 12:16   #11

This CSUV represents what the Kushaq could have aimed for to start with.

In its current form, an optimal length of 4.3-4.4 meters would have positioned Kushaq well against rivals like the Creta, Seltos and others. IMHO, Kushaq falls short in practicality when compared to its segment competitors.
petrocarb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 20:45   #12
BHPian

It's high time this 'unholy' obsession with sub-4m extirpated. Govt. mostly at blame here with its ludicrous tax system on automobiles. There's so much at stake here for the general buyer when he's forced to consider a 'built-to-a-cost' contraption!
LaRoca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 05:03   #13
BHPian

Agree. Government policy of encouraging "smaller" sub 4 m vehicles though lower taxes make no sense in India now when Indians are one of world's biggest car buyers. Government should let the market and peoples choices decide what kind of car and at what price they want their car to be. The tax rates should be uniform for private vehicles irrespective of ex factory price or length or any other feature. This sub 4 m fixation has led the manufacturers to artificially create car models only for Indian buyers.

Having said that, Volkswagen group bringing a sub 4 m car is always welcome as the customers will have a bigger and better choice.in this segment.

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd February 2024 at 09:51. Reason: typo
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 15:12   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocarb View Post
This CSUV represents what the Kushaq could have aimed for to start with.

In its current form, an optimal length of 4.3-4.4 meters would have positioned Kushaq well against rivals like the Creta, Seltos and others. IMHO, Kushaq falls short in practicality when compared to its segment competitors.
I agree and disagree here. The Kushaq and Taigun don't suffer in length. Width is their shortcoming as the main practicality that is missing is comfort for three people in the back. Apart from this, the VAG crossovers take care of all other practicality requirements.

Also, if VAG is driven solely by tax considerations, we wouldn't have got the very good 1.5L TSI, which would be the real shame considering big TSI engines are moving out of affordable price ranges.
BrabarusMark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 01:35   #15
BHPian

The reasons I didn't buy the Kushaq is

Deal breakers:

•*Width - Can't fit 3 passengers. Narrower than the likes of Creta or Astor
•*No 360 Camera(At least sensors) - I was looking for this considering I keep a car for a minimum of 5 years and I don't want to wait for a feature until then.
•*Interior Quality - The plastic makes creaky sounds and every panel there is flimsy. Comps provide a lot better quality. Quality of everything apart from the steering is worse.

Could live with it:

•*Pathetic quality rear camera - I have never a camera quality worse than this since my last Nokia phone in 2012.
Panoramic sunroof - Before someone lectures me about it, let me tell you, I need it and I am not asking for something a competitor isn't giving.
•*ADAS 2 - The only feature I want to have in this is the adaptive cruise control.
•*Horn

What I absolutely don't understand is the features that can be enabled with software. Auto Windows and so many others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks