Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2024, 16:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Biomethane-powered Maruti Brezza unveiled at Bharat Mobility Show

Maruti Suzuki recently showcased the eVX electric SUV and the WagonR Flex Fuel at the Bharat Mobility Show. The carmaker also unveiled a version of the Brezza that runs on Compressed Biomethane Gas (CBG).

Biomethane-powered Maruti Brezza unveiled at Bharat Mobility Show-marutisuzukibrezzaleftfrontthreequarter2.jpg

The Brezza CBG is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, K15C petrol engine, which produces 102 BHP and 137 Nm. The engine makes 87 BHP and 121 Nm while running on compressed biomethane.

Biomethane-powered Maruti Brezza unveiled at Bharat Mobility Show-marutisuzukibrezzaleftsideview1.jpg

On the outside, the Brezza CBG looks identical to the petrol version. In addition to a 45-litre petrol tank, the SUV comes with a 55-litre tank for CNG/CBG.

Biomethane-powered Maruti Brezza unveiled at Bharat Mobility Show-marutisuzukibrezzarightrearthreequarter3.jpg

Maruti Suzuki hasn't revealed the exact launch timeline for the Brezza CBG.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd February 2024 at 16:19.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 13:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Biomethane-powered Maruti Brezza unveiled at Bharat Mobility Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The carmaker also unveiled a version of the Brezza that runs on Compressed Biomethane Gas (CBG).

Maruti Suzuki hasn't revealed the exact launch timeline for the Brezza CBG.
Any idea what is the difference between the CNG model and the CBG model? Do we have some filters to maintain purity of gas?

Also with commercial CBG availability and blending still some years off, I don't think these will have any impact on the industry for the next 3 to 4 years.

Last edited by Raghuwire : 4th February 2024 at 13:29. Reason: Spelling
Old 4th February 2024, 21:23   #3
BHPian

As far as I am aware, there is no difference between the two fuels when they are out in the market except for the source and method they are derived. Biomethane has some challenges with respect to the volume fraction of methane content in its raw form, but government is all set up to implement quality gates before it can be allowed to be brought into the gas grid.
gopa99 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 00:18   #4
BHPian

I used to refuel my ex Passat 1.4 TSI ECOFUEL CNG car which I drove for 30,000 odd km in more than 2 years with the Bio CNG. Never faced any trouble. Always got 22km+ per kg of CNG. Many companies here sell only bio CNG. I felt absolutely no difference while driving naturally available methane or manually generated bio fuel.

The best part about refueling CNG here is you get 200+ bar of pressure and I always refueled more than the specified tank capacity.
Old 11th February 2024, 08:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
As far as I am aware, there is no difference between the two fuels when they are out in the market except for the source and method they are derived. Biomethane has some challenges with respect to the volume fraction of methane content in its raw form, but government is all set up to implement quality gates before it can be allowed to be brought into the gas grid.
So this would be exactly same as a Brezza CNG other than the fancy badging!! Expected this from our numero uno sales leader!
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks