Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2024, 18:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta N Line spied during TVC shoot in Pune

The logo is the wrongest (made up word) of places possible. It basically means they forgot the logo until the end until a senior executive probably reminded them that we need to have the Hyundai badge.

They could slapped it on the hood and it would have been great. But instead its hanging on the front camera
RPRIME95 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 19:57   #32
BHPian

Sadly here in India, N line refers to cosmetic changes without any performance improvement but still, people go nuts over it. I don't know what happened to designers nowadays. Creta became elegant (1st gen) to downright ugly (>= 2nd gen).
newenergy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 21:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenergy View Post
Sadly here in India, N line refers to cosmetic changes without any performance improvement but still, people go nuts over it. I don't know what happened to designers nowadays. Creta became elegant (1st gen) to downright ugly (>= 2nd gen).
Hyundai just follows the German OEMs strategy. The ‘X’ Line variants (VW: R Line, Audi: S Line, Merc: AMG Line, BMW: M Line, Skoda: Sportline) just carries the sporty exterior and interior bits (bumpers, side skirts, steering, seats, etc.) from performance variants together with 15mm drop in suspension.

I appreciate Hyundai for offering us more choices. If I am in a market to buy a normal car, I would any day choose the ‘line’ variant for those sporty bits! I wish other brands also offer such variants.
gopi_rm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 04:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
I appreciate Hyundai for offering us more choices. If I am in a market to buy a normal car, I would any day choose the ‘line’ variant for those sporty bits! I wish other brands also offer such variants.
I echo your thoughts and appreciate Hyundai for at least launching N Line editions in India. For instance, i20 N Line doesn't just offer Cosmetic upgrades, but an N Series Steering Wheel, Dual Exhausts & stiffer suspension apart from exterior and interior changes which provide some exclusivity.

These are so much better than VAG "Editions" which are primarily cosmetics and some feature add-ons rather than any changes like above which can actually improve driving experience. If wishes were horses, I would have loved a Slavia RS (as a mid budget buyer) considering how expensive Octavia has become.

For Hyundai, I think Verna N Line makes more sense as a buyer than Creta as that can feel much better with the new steering and stiffer suspension than a Creta, just like N Line suits i20 better than Venue.

A Verna N Line could be something comparable to a Slavia RS if it existed.
Love4Cars is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 06:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any improvement in equipment? It's seriously lacking on that front compared to Seltos. They also need to be careful with prices as the normal creta top end is priced exactly similar to Seltos GT Line.
Old 1st March 2024, 11:18   #36

Somehow, I find the design of new Creta hard to digest. Even after looking at pictures and sitting in my colleague's vehicle, I find design of facelift Seltos the best in C-SUV segment.
Auto_Buff03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 11:30   #37

As per one of my connect at Hyundai, apparently 70k-1L increase in price should be expected, yes there will be mostly cosmetic changes with probability of a dash cam. I am myself waiting for the same to be launched - and will compare with my original decision to go for Creta Petrol DCT vs the N-Line and its pricing.
Old 1st March 2024, 12:51   #38
BHPian

The Hyundai logo at front looks totally out of place. Its the most horrendous implementation I have ever seen recently.

IMO the car looks sexy if the logo on the front grill is removed or one can Plastidip it to Black.
Old 1st March 2024, 19:59   #39
BHPian

While the spoiler looks really cool, so remember that these kind of spoilers interrupt a bicycle rack. So if you're ever looking to put a bike rack behind your car, you'll have to remove the spoiler or change it for one that doesn't interfere with bike rack straps. Had the same issue in my i20 N Line. Purely a looks over function choice here.
Old 2nd March 2024, 00:37   #40
BHPian

Can someone fill me up about what exactly is 'stiffer suspension' on N-Line? I assume they are using different rated and 'stiffer ' springs and not touching other aspects or components of ride handling.

Last edited by HereticHermit : 2nd March 2024 at 00:39.
Old 2nd March 2024, 07:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
Can someone fill me up about what exactly is 'stiffer suspension' on N-Line? I assume they are using different rated and 'stiffer ' springs and not touching other aspects or components of ride handling.
If I am right, having a stiffer suspension means that the body roll of the vehicle will be well contained giving it better stability when you are pushing it around the corners. But the downsides would be a noticeable loss in comfort levels inside the cabin. But if tuned well, it will also make the driving experience better, giving you more control over your machine.
Elegant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta N Line variants and feature details out

The Hyundai Creta N Line is all set to go on sale in India on March 11. Bookings are already open, and the latest reports suggest that there will be two variants on offer.

Hyundai Creta N Line spied during TVC shoot in Pune-hyundai-creta-n-line-bookings-open-kv1-1.jpg

The Creta N Line will be available in N8 and N10 trims. Both variants are expected to get a similar kit, including Level 2 ADAS. However, the top-spec N10 variant could get additional features like ventilated front seats and an 8-speaker Bose audio system.

The Creta N Line will be offered with six exterior colour options. These include Abyss Black Pearl, Atlas White, Titan Grey Matte and three dual-tone shades of Atlas White, Shadow Grey and Thunder Blue with a contrasting black roof.

The Creta N Line will be offered with the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine. This unit produces 158 BHP and 253 Nm and will be paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The N Line version also gets a stiffer suspension setup, tweaked steering and a tuned exhaust.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd March 2024 at 10:48.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:49   #43

Attaching a brochure for N Line
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Creta N Line Booking 2-pager with clickable CTB link.pdf (7.98 MB, 149 views)
Sam_carenthu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 09:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_carenthu View Post
Attaching a brochure for N Line
Is it just the cosmetic changes in this N Line version? The brochure doesn't talk about any mechanical changes. There are also no feature additions. Disappointing approach from Hyundai.
Old 4th March 2024, 10:32   #45

Yeah looks like just cosmetic changes with perhaps tweaks to suspensions....but overall looks like a Seltos X-line rival only
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks