Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:47   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
4.75L for diesel is on par with Swift LDi. killer price for such a spacious car. Guess they are bringing 75bhp version in direct competition with Swift. is it bye-bye palio then?
Obviously. It will have to be 75bhp version for this price. Otherwise, Linea will suddenly look like it has been overpriced like crazy
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:29   #392
Senior - BHPian

Palio was AFAIK only meant to keep Fiat in the market. That's why they never really spent much on marketing or Training TATA guys. They had a target of 200 units a month for the Palio which is like saying we will sell if we can.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:42   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Palio was AFAIK only meant to keep Fiat in the market. That's why they never really spent much on marketing or Training TATA guys.
Not really, after the Fiat-Tata alliance was formed 2.5 years back, Fiat did train the Tata Sales & Services folks on Palio (for sales) and Palio, Petra & Adventure for Service.

They were trained again when Palio 1.3 Multijet was launched last year.

Last edited by finneyp : 23rd February 2009 at 13:43.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:02   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
With GP available for 4.75L wonder what they would do with Palio MJD..? Looks like they will phase out Palio MJD soon now..
Correct! Then you will have only the petrol palios 1.1 and not even sure if they will keep the 1.6 . I dont think it will be viable to have palio mjd and punto mjd.

It will be a case similar to what happened with accent when verna was launched the petrol palio 1.1 cars will continue to be sold at really low prices probably competing with the likes of santro and wagon r.

Punto will compete with swift, i20, Vista and Uva
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:21   #395
BHPian

Somewhere I saw a thread that the Nuovo Palio is spotted testing. So if we assume that Palio also comes in some killer price like the one for Linea and Grande Punto (hope you are right as always Sindica) then where do you think FIAT as a company is heading
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:08   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
Somewhere I saw a thread that the Nuovo Palio is spotted testing. So if we assume that Palio also comes in some killer price like the one for Linea and Grande Punto (hope you are right as always Sindica) then where do you think FIAT as a company is heading
Palio doing its jig with the Wagor-Rs & Ritz's, Santros & i10s and we have one hell of a decession to make when buying from this segment. The Punto taking on the Swift and the i20 and to the fabia to an extent - if its fully loaded with a tag of even 5.5-6 lakh OTR in Mumbai with a 1.3 MJD engine (maybe with a VGT please please Fiat) - then the battle is already won for Fiat. The Fiat is leagues ahead of Maruti and Hyundai wrt build quality.

Now we can have a car that rocks the segment and a manufacturer that has set the cat amongst the piegons. Fiat on steroids is all that I can comment.

The Indian customer will be the winner.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:33   #397
BHPian

Thats a killer price but i dont want to trade quality for such a low price and lets hope we get a good reliable quality product.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:08   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Thats a killer price but i dont want to trade quality for such a low price and lets hope we get a good reliable quality product.
I have seen a couple of palio's which were burnt down but never in my life I have seen a Fiat product broken down.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:09   #399
Senior - BHPian

punto's MJD will have 86 ps VGT
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:26   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Wow, now thats a great pricing by FIAT. I guess Punto will not be carrying as much gadgetry as that of Linea. But a Hatch with 1.3MJD VGT delivering 86PS is going to be really hot indeed. Thanks Sid for the info.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:54   #401
Senior - BHPian

GP here we come

Quote:
The pricing looks great, but at that pricing wouldn't it also affect Vista sales??
Quote:
Punto will compete with swift, i20, Vista and Uva
with this price and build quality, it is sure RIP for a lot of cars. Adding a VGT for good measure. and ther you have it:- a killer.
Sidindica cheers to you. great news man.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:07   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
and would take swift, vista and palio head-on amazing. Guess FIAT has realised what VFM mantra can do to sales through partnership with Tata and one month of linea sales.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:21   #403
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

Thanks for the scoop man!

The GP is going to be one hell of a vehicle!

I am saving space for 2 GPs at home !
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:21   #404
BHPian

MJD with VGT developing 86ps for 4.75 lakhs should be lapped up like hot cakes. I might be one of them. Or am I missing something.

@Sid - this is fabulous - in fact sounds too good to be true. Or is 4.75 the starting price for MJD with FGD? BTW, simply admire you for all the great scoops.

Just wondering what happens to the Linea with the same engine and only offering maybe more features (which might be left-out in GP) and a boot being added on the same GP platform - starting from 6.89 ex-show Delhi for the same engine and state of tune.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:29   #405
Senior - BHPian

don't get way too excited, the prices are only indicative and it may end up costing 50,000 more than expected.
this is only through talk to some fiat guys and I know that they can be unpredictable.

have patience, and I hope that my speculation turns out to be true.

remember that linea and gp have same chassis and almost same powertrain options, only exteriors and some interior bits are different.

producing 2 cars in one platform at one assembly line means economies of scale and going by linea's cracker price tag, i can safely expect the GP to be prics according to my expectations.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks