Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 15:15   #346
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant!
It seems it will be launched earlier than what I expected. Good going!
If they are launching with 1.4 petrol (Linea spec), it won't fit in the 'small car' category for excise cut. But that is definitely a better option than i20.

@hotpursuit
I had written to CEO through CEO corner, about engine options in Punto, haven't got a response yet. I didn't face any problems in posting there. Can you try with different browsers?

MODs, is it possible to merge this with another thread with spy pics of Grande Punto. Both threads have good spy pics from T-Bhp members.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nto-spied.html

Last edited by SilentEngine : 9th February 2009 at 15:16.
Old 9th February 2009, 15:57   #347
BHPian

requesting mods to create a single consolidated thread on G-Punto. I can already see 3/4 threads running.
Old 9th February 2009, 21:37   #348
BHPian

Prabhu, Congrats on your scoop on punto

If it comes in 1st/2nd quarter of 2009, I bet this will be a hit, with the price tag justified.

If FIAT plays with the strategy, plonk the 1.3 MJD engine for lower versions - cheaper car and 1.4/1.9 for the higher versions - for car enthusiasts
Old 9th February 2009, 23:56   #349
BHPian

I am just waiting for the punto and jazz and would buy both.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:48   #350
BHPian

The first quarter will close in another 45 days, not sure if FIAT will be able to pull off a launch in this time span considering that there is no news of the launch date, no teaser on the website.
Old 13th February 2009, 22:03   #351
BHPian

Had been to concorde motors, Bangalore for a test drive of Linea today. On query, the sales executive informed me that he has some inside information that Grande Punto will launch by Aug/Sep 2009.
Old 14th February 2009, 00:10   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Had been to concorde motors, Bangalore for a test drive of Linea today. On query, the sales executive informed me that he has some inside information that Grande Punto will launch by Aug/Sep 2009.
Not possible. I got an email reply from the CEOcorner query and that mentioned launch in 1st half of 2009. Another thread infact is mentioning a March 2009 launch based on a PUG email.

So safely can be expected between March and June 2009.
Old 14th February 2009, 15:24   #353
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think FIAT will wait till Aug/Sep. Maybe the salesman was trying to get u a Linea
Old 14th February 2009, 15:59   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
I don't think FIAT will wait till Aug/Sep. Maybe the salesman was trying to get u a Linea
Maybe you guys are right, for a moment i was quite disappointed as i haven't particularly liked Linea a lot. FIAT should launch GP by April/May to stay ahead in the competition before Honda launches JAZZ.
But i guess that is wishful thinking !
Old 14th February 2009, 17:08   #355
BHPian

from the spied pics the cars looks dissappointing..i had been much excited looking at the images through google,etc.
Old 14th February 2009, 22:07   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went for a TD of the Linea at Fortune Motors, Nerul. While looking at the car, I casually asked the sales guy about the GP and I was told that the car would be launched between May to July 2009. A few days later they made a follow up call and I told them that I was waiting for the GP. The salesguy promptly said that the car would come in December 2009!
Old 16th February 2009, 12:59   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
from the spied pics the cars looks dissappointing..i had been much excited looking at the images through google,etc.
You need to understand the spied pics of the car is on a test and just like a new born baby naked out in the new world
Old 16th February 2009, 13:42   #358
Senior - BHPian

do any of you have any concrete information about the launch date?

love your signature Rudrah
Old 16th February 2009, 14:21   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
do any of you have any concrete information about the launch date?

love your signature Rudrah
Thanks MS! They say everything about the car

GP launch date are not yet confirmed. Officially they have said by March end or in April but I feel they will let Linea settle for a while and probably we could see it by June-July as they wouldn't want to make a back to back launch in a short time! There is Bravo following after it..

With positive feedbacks from Linea users by its sales n service experience, i'm sure the GP would another be its lucky star!

Fingers Crossed
Old 17th February 2009, 11:39   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
@VPrabhu, thats a brilliant scoop. If you have the original pictures with you in the higher resolution, can you find out what is written on the rear-windshield for the car with the registration MH12-TC-314? Might be a new engine option.
Sorry cruiser_1982, I checked the original picture - can't make out whether it is 1.4 or 1.6 - didn't have much time to set resolution etc. when clicking!!
Anyway, I am able to recollect one point now - the driver of the lead car told me three or four times to check out the cars at the rear - at first I was thinking it was a ploy to distract me; but when I went to the third car (the one whose details you wanted), he simply rolled up the window. Only the driver of the last car told me that the car was mind blowing - so you could be right, must be a new engine option.
Let us hope for the best.
Request all bhpians in Pune to keep their eyes peeled and have their cameras handy - I have seen plenty of cars tested on the Bangalore - Pune highway (think they must be Khambatki Ghat route and returning via Bhor Ghat - since it is good road, the highway performance and handling in ghat section could be under test) and also on the Pune - Nagar route (beyond Shirur the road is nothing much to be talk about, and the cars can be tested for handling, overtaking as well as cruising abilities in this section)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks