Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2024, 16:58   #1
BHPian

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh

Mahindra has just launched the 2024 XUV700 with a handful of updates.

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240115-4.35.24-pm.jpeg

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240115-4.35.25-pm.jpeg

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240115-4.35.26-pm.jpeg

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240115-4.35.27-pm.jpeg

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240115-4.35.28-pm.jpeg

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240115-4.35.29-pm.jpeg

AX7, AX7L variants get all-black theme with a black grille and black alloy wheels and memory function for ORVMS

AX5 gets the much awaited reverse camera

Adrenox gets 13 new features.

Source: Autocar India and other online mediums.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2024 at 04:36. Reason: Missing word
northstar* is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 17:16   #2
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh

While a mid-life update was much needed and it’s a welcome move on Mahindra’s part to provide ventilated seats and memory ORVM on top model, I still feel Auto dimming IRVM is a glaring miss (pardon the pun)

Also, AX5 could have been equipped with folding ORVM or Atleast it can be provided as an accessory but I am glad Atleast cruise control and reverse camera made its way.

I feel AX5 is indeed now the VFM model to go for if you really don’t want ADAS.

Cheers!
BleueNinja is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 17:26   #3

Day Night IRVM are now available from MX3 onwards as mentioned in the list
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
While a mid-life update was much needed and it’s a welcome move on Mahindra’s part to provide ventilated seats and memory ORVM on top model, I still feel Auto dimming IRVM is a glaring miss (pardon the pun)

Cheers!
Sachin26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:01   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome features, but I hope there are some design updates planned by next year latest (which will be the car's 4th year since launch). I love the XUV700, its engineering & the way it drives, but man, the Safari Facelift makes the XUV700 look.....old & yesterday'ish.

Would love to see what Pratap Bose & team have planned for the midlife facelift. In an ideal world, we'd get a car that looks as deadly as the Safari Facelift, but drives as deadly as the XUV700.
GTO is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:21   #5
BHPian

Cruise control in AX5 is biggest addition, and will increase its VFM quotient, especially for buyers interested in 7 seater AT but don't need ADAS.
Vishal.R is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Also, AX5 could have been equipped with folding ORVM or Atleast it can be provided as an accessory but I am glad Atleast cruise control and reverse camera made its way.

I feel AX5 is indeed now the VFM model to go for if you really don’t want ADAS.

Cheers!
More than anything the AX5 still does not get Automatic Climate Control! Thats a big miss for a 23-25 lakh variant! I just don’t get it, Mahindra does not need to give a Dual Zone automatic Climate Control system, just the regular one which is available in much cheaper cars! But what do I know! The folks want a Panaromic sunroof which is useless on most occasions in India, but do not care for an Automatic climate control system!
motorworks is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:33   #7
BHPian

The updates are great but surprisingly no changes seen in the interior. Would have loved too see an all black interior a la safari or saddle brown interior a la BMW, I feel it would have livened up the interior feel to a great extent. Also, an all black exterior with beige Interiors doesn't make sense to me.
Nikhilvm4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:35   #8
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The AX5 used to get sunroof and LED headlights but missed out on basic features expected at this price like Automatic climate control, start stop button, cruise control, leather wrapped steering, auto headlamps, auto wipers, folding mirrors, silver door handles etc.

While its good that they have added cruise control and a rear camera, it is not clear if the other features have been added(most probably not). We can see that atleast the Climate control feature hasn't been provided. In this context, the AX7 continues to remain the VFM variant. I do wish that they had provided ventilated seats in the AX7 as well.

I also prefer the look of the current alloys(on the AX7 and the AX7L) over the newly launched black ones.
AYP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I also prefer the look of the current alloys(on the AX7 and the AX7L) over the newly launched black ones.
The current alloys also turn black in no time with the amount of brake dust that is generated for Mahindra cars
Mahindra brake pads have shorter life as compared to others.
yadavsid21 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
More than anything the AX5 still does not get Automatic Climate Control! Thats a big miss for a 23-25 lakh variant!
I've never felt the need to use the automatic climate control in my current sedan in several years.
I mean ACC may be a useful and important feature on others needs list, but in my case the choice always has been either AC ON or AC OFF, as simple as that. ACC is always OFF.
However, I would add that dual zone AC is a welcome feature in the AX7 and higher trims. It is always a relief to have this on a long drive when you may be in diagreement on the AC cooling level with your fellow passenger at the front and the dual zone AC just gives you that relief in having your own temperature setting

Auto dimming IRVM is also in my view not really needed and is a much hyped feature. All one needs to do is to flick that knob to dim the mirror whenever needed.

However, power folding mirrors is a definite necessity while going through narrow congested roads. There is a frequent need to fold in the ORVMs as per the situation and having a button that does it definitely helps. I have used this a lot. From my individual viewpoint, Mahindra should definitely have given the power folding ORVM in the AX5 variant.

Imagine getting down from the vehicle everytime to fold the outside mirrors manually when you need to just pass through a congestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
..Mahindra brake pads have shorter life as compared to others.
I believe this (premature brake pad wear out) may be applicable only to the ADAS equipped variants with auto braking engaging aggressively and wearing out the pads.
In the manual variants without ADAS, I'm pretty sure, the brake pads will last longer like in other vehicles

Last edited by for_cars1 : 15th January 2024 at 19:03.
for_cars1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Auto dimming IRVM is also in my view not really needed and is a much hyped feature. All one needs to do is to flick that knob to dim the mirror whenever needed.
Auto dimming IRVM's utility is way more than automating a manual flip button. According to me, it is a safety feature more than a convenience/luxury feature.

In a typical night driving scenario, you won't need the dimming to be done 100% of the time. Having to constantly flip the button whenever there is glare is not just a "convenience" problem rather a safety problem because (a) it is a distracting activity that can be easily automated and (b) the visibility reduction is significant with manual dimming IRVMs (as they go straight to max dim vs. there is varying levels of dimming in auto-dimming IRVMs).

This markedly improves rearview visibility with auto-dimming IRVMs that I consider to be an essential safety feature. When I bought my XUV300, it was an extremely important feature because before I bought this car, all the previous cars that I have driven (my dad's car, rental cars etc.) came with manual IRVM. It literally makes a night and day difference.

Another BHPian has pointed out that the new list shows MX has a "Night Day IRVM". It is however not clear whether this is the same as auto-dimming IRVM. If not, it is definitely a big miss.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 15th January 2024 at 19:16. Reason: proof read and made it more concise
krishnakumar is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:12   #12
BHPian

All this is fine, but I hope they got rid of the latency associated with the rear indicator. Not to mention its horribly small size, making it invisible sometimes.
Old 15th January 2024, 19:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Auto dimming is much more than that. When you flip that knob to dim the mirror it dims everything, even vehicles with their only LOW Beam on. This way, the driver can't see the rear vehicles with only their low beam on since their low beam too gets dim. Not only that all the surroundings get dimmed with the manual knob. With auto dimming, only when a vehicle with high beam approaches, it's high beam is dimmed.

With Auto dimming mirror the vehicles with their low beam aren't affected and you see them normally in the mirror, whereas vehicle lights with their high beam get dimmed automatically. I have observed this difference with my Sonet Turbo HTX with doesn't get auto dimming mirror but only a knob and Ecosport S TDCI and Seltos GT line Facelift, both which get auto dimming mirror.

Last edited by 07CR : 15th January 2024 at 19:25.
07CR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:22   #14
BHPian

Mahindra just updated the dual tone color options on the website. Dual tone is limited to the roof only and not covering the pillars.

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-screenshot-20240115-7.15.108239pm.png

Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh-screenshot-20240115-7.15.208239pm.png

Latest brochure here.

XUV700_MY24_15123.pdf
northstar* is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:31   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

More kit on the lower variants is always welcome. I'd have definitely loved AX5 to get a simple Climate Control - that's such a useful feature for long drives.

1. Can anyone mention if the prices have been increased?

2. Does Mahindra deliver MX variant without much of a delay as well ?

PS - Listened to music in my friend's AX5 and am bowled over - he mentioned it's the stock system but the experience was brilliant. This, after listening to the Safari (pre-facelift) version as well. Left me super impressed.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th January 2024 at 19:33.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed