Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 10:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra XUV700 launched at Rs 13.99 lakh

When I bought my XUV 700 AX7L I heard that they are going to introduce a AX8 or AX9 kind of version with ventilated seats and all. Let me tell you I heaved a sigh of relief after reading the specs on this. I dont require a ventilated seat, I dont require co passenger auto adjustment. I wanted auto IRVM which they didnt give. So I am happy that my AX7L will not become a lower variant

Black alloys will look killer on white models, other cosmetics can be done outside so all in all for AX7L owners this doesnt change much.
ShivrajG is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 10:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
More than anything the AX5 still does not get Automatic Climate Control! Thats a big miss for a 23-25 lakh variant! I just don’t get it, Mahindra does not need to give a Dual Zone automatic Climate Control system, just the regular one which is available in much cheaper cars! But what do I know! The folks want a Panaromic sunroof which is useless on most occasions in India, but do not care for an Automatic climate control system!
I agree with you on this one. A car that practically costs 25 lacs should be equipped with auto AC and folding IRVMs at this day and age. I have a AX5 and I barely use the sunroof and tbh I didn’t even need one. If I had an option to pick between sunroof or the features I listed above then I would pick them but sadly manufacturers cater to masses and masses want a sunroof.

I recently sold my Harrier XZA, that car had every feature of a top model barring the sunroof and you won’t believe how many people rejected a well maintained feature rich car just because it didn’t have a sunroof. It’s what the kids want which highlights another problem and I will state that at risk of going off topic, please don’t plonk your kids out of the sunroof it’s dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
Day Night IRVM are now available from MX3 onwards as mentioned in the list
Day/Night IRVM operates basis a simple lever. I am talking about an AUTO dimming IRVM which doesn’t need you to flick a switch every time. It’s very useful as it reduces the glare without reducing the overall visibility in the IRVM.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 10:55   #33

Mahindra (XUV700), pricing-wise, is significantly cheaper than Safari & has far better mechanicals & engine.

It is already VFM & if anything, will become more costly relative to the competition.

It is time for a proper facelift with a slightly longer wheelbase & sliding 2nd row, rear curtains, ambient lightning, larger 12.25" screen, auto-dimming IRVM, electronically controlled front co-passenger seat, connected tail-lamps & perhaps some cosmetic changes. Maybe even those 3 * 12.25 screens which they are testing. Maybe it goes into the 9X model.

Mahindra needs to scrap the MX variant ASAP though. 14L is ridiculous with 50% taxes. That is like 9-9.5 pre-50% taxes. I don’t know what they are expecting. XUV700 should be a 20-30L on-road, may even be 2/3L higher for top models & not the MX version!

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2024 at 14:47. Reason: Grammar, punctuation, etc.
Mr.S is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2024, 11:41   #34
vdi
BHPian

The initial press release confirmed about auto dimming IRVM and now it is missing from the official brochure.
vdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 11:55   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Compared to the previous version, features-wise:-

- The MX stays exactly the same.
- The MX, AX3 & AX5 petrol lose the optional variants with ESP.
- The AX3 loses fog lamps.

- The AX5 loses auto-booster function in it's LED headlamps.
- The AX5 gets (only) front LED sequential turn indicators, loses the rear ones.
- The AX5 gains a Reverse Camera.
- The AX5 gains a normal Cruise Control.
- The AX5 diesel is (still) the first in the lineup to get ESP. The AX5 petrol still doesn't get it.
- The AX5 lineup desperately needs the power-folding ORVMs. Too bad Mahindra is still blind to this demand.

- The AX7 is now the starting variant with the auto-booster function in the LED headlamps.

- The AX7L is the only variant with the rear LED sequential turn indicators.
- The AX7L gains ventilated seats.
- The AX7L gains memory function for ORVMs. (with 3 seat profiles)

- The AX7 & the AX7L variants are the only ones offered in 6-seater configs.

This 2024 "refresh" looks like a quick "add-delete" update of sorts to tackle the updated Harrier/Safari twins on one side, and the 2024 Creta facelift scheduled for a launch tomorrow (notice the timing of this launch?), or it was just an excuse to bring out a "Black Edition" to stand against it's "Dark Edition" rivals. Several goodies which have already been extensively tested are missing - auto-powered IRVM, connected tail lights, powered tailgate, to name a few. I am guessing Mahindra is reserving that for a proper facelift down the line. Probably next year.

Being an AX5 owner, I am not bothered much by the additions. I am happy my AX5 still has the auto-booster headlamps and the rear sequential turn indicators. Already have the AX7 reverse camera installed in my XUV. Only feature missing now is the normal Cruise Control but with my current usage, that isn't a big deal.

Overall, I am still glad that I was an early adapter.
Agree with you and am also glad that I too got the AX5 at the right time and have the auto booster headlamps. Have been reading all your posts & based on your posts I too got the TPMS installed, only thing pending is AX7 camera. Just wanted to know is there a major difference between AX7 camera & the accessory camera? Am sure even after installing the AX7 camera we wont be getting AX7s camera features on display.... or like TPMS is there something that can be enabled by cotek to get AX7s camera features on display?
Old 16th January 2024, 12:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
While I am excited for the Napoli black shade, and full blackout option, I am disappointed that there is no change in the interior. An all-black interior to match the exterior would have been super cool.
I was eagerly waiting for an all-black option as well. Looks like Mahindra's supply chain planning wasn't designed for this kind of customization.

Tata's had a headstart of several years where they were offering a plethora of options. Options add to the supply chain complexity.

I'm hoping that with the cross-pollination of talent, Mahindra has started building this capability and that we will see a diverse range of XUV700 interior options with the mid-life refresh.

I was checking one of the Australian reviews and the reviewer did mention more interior shades in the future. So something is definitely in the works but will take a while to see the light of the day.

According to an SA, the entire org is focused on the 5-door Thar.
Old 16th January 2024, 12:07   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Very disappointed with this update. Expected the front to be made classier, by deleting the Walrus-tooth like downward swooping arcs of the front headlights. This one visual element turns me off completely. It is downright hideous and will age badly as a design and look laughable in a few years. For comparison, take a look at the front of the new Safari - it is visually busy yet has a subtlety and coherence so that it does not scream "bad design".

The XUV700 has got expensive! The AX5 Diesel AT 7-seater which I considered a sensible VFM option has gone from 19.56 lakhs to 21.09 lakhs, an increase of more than 1.5 lakhs. This is unreasonable for adding just cruise control and a reverse camera! It also loses some key features like the Auto Booster LED Headlamps and the sequential turn indicators at the rear. The Harrier/Safari went upmarket on pricing, after a major mid-cycle update that added tons of features. Mahindra is demanding similar price increases without adding anything significant just because they can, with the TATA siblings going upmarket. Success seems to have gone to M&M's head and their perception of being a value brand will slide rapidly.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th January 2024 at 12:10.
84.monsoon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 13:21   #38
BHPian

Just a thought, can existing AX7L owners get ventilated seats fitted to our cars? The only thing I would like to have over the current equipment.
CapKoura is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 13:44   #39
BHPian

I may be wrong but it doesn't look like they have included a proper adjustable headrest and a 3-point seatbelt for the middle passenger which could have been easily implemented in the facelift since they do provide these in Australia. Also, a sliding bench in the middle row would be a great addition, but that too seems missing. Disappointed!
SedateMotorhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 14:26   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Mahindra needs to scrap the MX variant ASAP though. 14L is ridiculous with 50% taxes, that is like 9-9.5 pre 50% Taxes. I don’t know what are we expecting. XUV700 should be a 20-30L on road, may even be 2/3 L higher for top models & not MX version !
I tried very hard to make any sense of this but I failed. What's wrong with the MX variant? It is actually an immense value proposition. We have one in the family and it's unbeatable at this price point.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 15:00   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
I tried very hard to make any sense of this but I failed. What's wrong with the MX variant? It is actually an immense value proposition. We have one in the family and it's unbeatable at this price point.
Dilutes the brand. Have another one like Ertiga/Marazzo segment. No use having a car with a weaker engine & smaller screens. XUV700 has no business selling a car which is 13-14L on road & 9-9.5L pre 50% Tax. You can't have XUV700 in the same segment as Nexon !

The number of units & profitability adds nothing. The range becomes too high & creates problem of complexity for supply chain & @ point of sale !
Mr.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
I may be wrong but it doesn't look like they have included a proper adjustable headrest and a 3-point seatbelt for the middle passenger which could have been easily implemented in the facelift since they do provide these in Australia. Also, a sliding bench in the middle row would be a great addition, but that too seems missing. Disappointed!
Very relevant.. quite surprising that they haven't given 3 point seat belt for middle row and no proper adjustable head rests. It's nothing but Cost saving measures.

If we look at the trend esp in India..the manufacturers are taking out /de featuring - adj headrests, fog lamps, rear wiper, alloy wheels and instead bring something like Ambient lighting, Sun roof (not the requirements of everyone) as standard.

Buyers are also to be blamed to some extent for this trend. They are more interested to go for "fun" features instead of seeing "safety" as the prime requirement before opting for feel good features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
All upgrades are functional and useful. I think Mahindra has done minimum possible additions to keep XUV700 relevant w.r.t the competition ie Harrier/Safari, Hector/Plus. This makes XUV700 even stronger proposition for luxury[AX7L] as well as value[AX5] buyers. I was wishing they would come up a value luxury combo with AX5L.
Good to know about these feature additions. There is nothing like "value for money". The vehicle selling at 18 lakhs plus not having Cruse control and Reverse Camera was a kind of joke.

I am interested if they have finally overcome (1) "foot ball" like sound issue from luggage compartment -reported by few BHPians, (2) if they have given underbody engine guard?

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th January 2024 at 14:12. Reason: Merging. Please use “Quote+” function instead of submitting back to back posts.
007maverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 19:39   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Dilutes the brand. Have another one like Ertiga/Marazzo segment. No use having a car with a weaker engine & smaller screens. XUV700 has no business selling a car which is 13-14L on road & 9-9.5L pre 50% Tax. You can't have XUV700 in the same segment as Nexon !

The number of units & profitability adds nothing. The range becomes too high & creates problem of complexity for supply chain & @ point of sale !
It does not dilute the brand at all. The XUV brand has always been viewed as an affordable "luxury" (by common man's standards) SUV. The entry models on both the 500 and the 700 are focused on providing the basic features with a slightly detuned but still capable engine. We have an MX variant in the family and it has most of the basic things you expect from a car. It is not a weak engine by any definition. Even with 5 people on-board with their luggage, it had absolutely no problem doing a trip to Pithoragarh, which is quite a challenging road to climb. I admit that it's a bit unfair to provide a lower tune on the exact same engine and gearbox but it is not weak by any chance.
Quote:
You can't have XUV700 in the same segment as Nexon !
I am laughing reading this because you've got to be kidding me. This is such a flawed logic. You're comparing the absolute base model of the XUV to the top trim Nexon. Where's the logic in that?
Amrit@wheels is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 22:13   #44
BHPian

Typical Mahindra. Trying to milk more and more but not showing any intent to improve on the QC and flaws with the product. Just playing around the features but no sign of any fix for those major issues (mechanical, electrical and electronics). I'm in the look out for a 7 seater and I really would like to shortlist 7OO. But the issues not being addressed only shows Mahindra's attitude towards quality. Again they survive only because of their initial marketing buzz along with the dead cheap price and those two gem of an engines mhawk and that 200 HP petrol. Mahindra need to go a long long way to reach even Hyundai's QC levels forget about Toyota and other Japanese. Adding to their QC policies their attitude towards customer need to change especially handling cases like that of the Scorpion N incident where the driver lost his leg. I'm off the topic one may think but I really would want to shortlist XUV7OO but it's scary to put 20+ big ones and worrying about the quality all the time.
Old 16th January 2024, 23:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Stop this elitism. It is called giving options to the consumer. It is great for someone wanting to have next segment car but either has limited budget and/or is happy with it.

Quote:
What complexity of supply chain? On the contrary it should be simpler.
Bhokal is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks