Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2024, 16:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Citroen to launch C3 Aircross Automatic in Jan 2024

According to a media report, Citroen is likely to launch automatic variants of the C3 Aircross this month. It is said that select dealerships have already started accepting pre-bookings for a token amount of Rs 25,000.

Rumour: Citroen to launch C3 Aircross Automatic in Jan 2024-2023_citroen_c3_aircross_exterior_01-1.jpg

Currently, the Citroen C3 Aircross is available in three variants: You, Plus and Max. The report states that the carmaker is likely to offer the automatic in the Plus and Max trims only.

The C3 Aircross is positioned between the C3 and the C5 Aircross. It comes with a 5+2 seat layout, with a third row of seats that can also be removed. The SUV is equipped with a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, a digital instrument cluster, air-conditioning with a roof-mounted blower and TPMS.

The C3 Aircross is powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 108 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. The engine is likely to be paired with a 6-speed torque converter automatic.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP news

Mod Note: Our Citroen C3 Aircross AT Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 29th January 2024 at 11:35. Reason: Link to review added
TusharK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 17:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Citroen to launch C3 Aircross Automatic in Jan 2024

TC Auto is the way to go after their disappointing start. That will be a clear differentiator in the sea of AMTs that other OEMs offer at this price point.
m8002? is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 18:15   #3
BHPian

Any idea on the C3 automatic? I am in market for a hatchback with good suspension. Had not considered C3 due to lack of AT.
Old 9th January 2024, 18:44   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I believe the news is true. Citroen is finally rolling out a good AT (not AMT) for its mainstream cars. I heard the same news too.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 19:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I believe the news is true. Citroen is finally rolling out a good AT (not AMT) for its mainstream cars. I heard the same news too.
Would the C3 hatchback also follow suit with the automatic. Would be great to see a hatchback under 12 lakhs to be equipped with TC.

Pricing is key for Citroen here, hope they are not too close to the Fronx territory.

As far as the C3 Aircross is concerned that car was dead on arrival, even though it has the best ride quality in it's segment. The buyer from that particular segment demands much more features which the car plainly lacks
Cliff9091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 19:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff9091 View Post
As far as the C3 Aircross is concerned that car was dead on arrival, even though it has the best ride quality in it's segment. The buyer from that particular segment demands much more features which the car plainly lacks
Citroen has launched cars with interiors that compete with the Alto and Expresso. Real basic interiors with hard plastics and native features when competition is giving pleasent interiors with creature comforts.

Only saving grace is a 10 inch touchscreen that too feels improperly finished. As far as I know it's a non-HD screen. Speakers are too uninspiring. Citroen needs to throw in some features to create an oomph factor. Some fit and finish with brushed aluminium, wooden finish or black glossy finish with help with the interiors.

Honda and Nissan too are slowly drifting away into oblivion as they think they are equivalent to Toyota but they have become uninspiring but don't want to see themselves as competitors to Hyundai and Kia. They are slowly going the Panasonic, Phillips way. Hope they realise sooner than regret later

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 9th January 2024 at 20:02.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 20:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

I happened to see a Citroen C3 ( not the aircross though ) with some testing equipment, like the one they use for ARAI certification. Spotted it near the Bosch headquarters, Koramangala, Bangalore, not sure if it had anything to do with Bosch. But i think the AT is due soon, in both the cars.

I feel an Automatic with some additional features across both the cars will give it a temporary push. Although in the long run, Citroen will need to up its game seriously in terms of equipment and interiors.
motorworks is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 21:35   #8
BANNED

A welcome move it is going to be a TC automatic. Hope it helps them garner some sales. They need to equip few more desirable features to have a fighting chance. Hope this is the first step in the right direction.
Old 9th January 2024, 21:52   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Too little, too late. At this point, nobody cares.

The car as well as the brand are irrelevant to the Indian car scene. They had a golden opportunity to make a mark, had they not made a mess of the C3 Aircross launch. You have negligible presence as it is. Then you bring such half baked and poorly finished products. Once a car gets the tag of failure, it is done and dusted for good. Between the Alto spec equipment levels, so many missing essentials, not providing an automatic option and the air cooled battery on the eC3, Citroen has been time and again guilty of taking the Indian customer for granted. And we as a market have also responded accordingly.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 08:25   #10

Initially, Citroen aimed for a halo effect with the C5 aircross, but the attempt fell flat.

The C3 appeared sturdy, but its subpar interiors and poor safety rating led to a lackluster debut. The absence of an automatic transmission was the final blow.

The C3 Aircross combines elements from the previous disappointments. A moment of silence.

Lastly, A nod of sympathy for the electric version, which stands as a facepalm moment for Citroen, especially when compared to the electric offerings from Tata and MG that are challenging global giants and causing nightmares.
Sankarsiv3060 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 10:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

If the news is true, it is a welcome addition to the C3 family. While nothing is going to save them from falling flat on their face again, I hope they learn from their fallacies and launch their next model (C3X) will all the bells and whistles from day 1.
amtak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 11:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never. Hoping there will some more updates along with the addition. The additional torque (Indonesian version had 205nm) would be welcome too.
Old 10th January 2024, 14:12   #13
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

While it's good that Citroen is waking up, is it too late? Citroen is in the bottom of the sales charts, and adding to the fact that the only other AT in their lineup is atrociously priced and selling in the single digits, I don't think this is going to help much.

Overall, I think the time to say goodbye to Citroen and FCA India is approaching soon.
JunkyardHunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 14:26   #14
BHPian

C3 aircross is in a very competitive segment with proven products from the competition, the folk’s shopping in this segment prefer a VFM feature loaded product and not a barebones cheap product. May be a 5 star BNCAP rating in addition to the AT gearbox might help better its sales.

If this automatic comes in C3 and is priced right, then there’s a good chance that it’ll find takers in the market. A proper AT car with good driving dynamics is still absent in the C3 segment.
Old 10th January 2024, 14:43   #15
BHPian

No matter how many times I observe it or from various perspectives, it fails to captivate me aesthetically. Am I the only one feeling this way?

It lacks a polished appearance; even the Triber exhibits exceptional aesthetics, but this one doesn't leave a lasting impression. Even though the AT is flawless now, convincing people to reconsider might prove to be quite challenging.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks