Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 15:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025

According to a media report, Ford plans to resume sales in India and spearheading the brand’s return is likely to be the Endeavour.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-screenshot-20240104-153542.jpg

Ford has filed a design patent for the new-gen Endeavour in India, which has led to speculations about the SUV’s return to the Indian market. It made its global debut in 2022 and is currently sold in Thailand as the Everest.

Reports suggest that Ford plans to assemble the Endeavour at its Chennai plant after the company cancelled its plans to sell the factory to the JSW Group last month. That being said, Ford might also opt to import the initial lot of SUVs as CBUs, while it prepares its assembly line for production. If all goes to plan, we might see the Endeavour go on sale in 2025.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-1685449712_fc2e9d5465b830ab_next-gen-everest-titanium-front-1-1.jpg

The Ford Endeavour shares its underpinnings with the Ranger pickup. It features a muscular-looking front end with a set of LED headlights and C-shaped LED daytime running lights.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-download-20240104t153911.253.jpg

Inside, the SUV gets a 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster. It is also equipped with several advanced safety aids, including Pre-Collision Assist, Intersection Assist, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control and hands-free parking, among others.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-download-20240104t153918.230.jpg

The current-gen Ford Endeavour is offered with a 2.0-litre diesel engine in two states of tune and a 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 10-speed automatic.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-download-20240104t153924.730.jpg

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th January 2024 at 15:41.
TusharK is offline   (94) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 15:43   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025

You beat me to the punch posting this here ;-). I am really hoping this to become true. India deserves another SUV that can dethrone the unworthy king of SUV's here. Keeping fingers crossed. The way a flurry of news has trickled in - failed sale of their main plant, filing of patent. These things could be a sign.
Gupts007 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 15:45   #3

This is very exciting. Keen to see the motor options they go with. Not sure- they'll bring either of the diesel twins to India.
quasimodo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 15:55   #4
BHPian

What a droolworthy looking SUV, this time Indians should make Ford feel welcomed so that they will introduce more vehicles in their lineup! If they price it at par with Fortuner, I see fortuner sales taking a major hit.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th January 2024 at 06:22. Reason: Corrected typo : there -> their
DK_accord is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:09   #5
BHPian

Waiting for this to come true.

The endeavour is so much better than the fortuner. This will also show toyota their place and put an end to their monopoly.

Finally a worthy replacement will be here for my 12 year old Pajero sport
abhinavsureka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:10   #6
Kln
BHPian

Yes, yes! I hope this is true. Toyota really, really needs a rap on its knuckles with its indiscriminate price gouging. The current gen Everest/Endeavour is a beauty.
Kln is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:17   #7
BANNED

Even if they launch this with limited dealerships, they can easily find 500 customers and that will still be better than Citroen & Jeep! I really hope Ford re-enter our market. With the kind of GDP growth, the sales will touch 8 million in another decade or so, even if Ford gets 0.5% market share that will be 40,000/year! Ford India failed because they had no proper models for those wanting to go up from Fiesta, Figo, Ecosport, not because of the problem with the market. Hope they address that in their next outing, maybe with the Puma and Escape!

Last edited by The Rationalist : 4th January 2024 at 16:22.
The Rationalist is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:17   #8

If that happens then my preference would be the Ford Endeavour over the Toyota Fortuner. Fortuner is rugged but it's unmatchable against the Ford Endeavour. Toyota must bid goodbye to high pricing of the Fortuner
AutoMagic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great news and they always kept the door half open pumping in so much money in keeping the service network active and ensuring good service even 2 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimodo View Post
This is very exciting. Keen to see the motor options they go with. Not sure- they'll bring either of the diesel twins to India.
The 2.0L Panther engines (single and bi-turbo) are already being produced in India - at the Sanand engine facility leased back after the sale to Tata Motors.

This time I hope they do the right thing and offer the bi-turbo. Considering the localised engine they should be able to price it also pretty competitively.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:48   #10
BHPian

Good news in first week of 2024! Glad they are making a comeback with the endeavour. Good margins and limited volumes initially shall help them make operations profitable and later diving deep into the hot segments of C-SUV. Hope so they renew that shelved 4m+ suv they planned with Mahindra (picture attached). IMO, it will be much easier to bring it to life than going from scratch on board. I guess its time to lift the sheets again

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_9417.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th January 2024 at 18:23. Reason: Non-forum emojis
TheStoryweaver is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:50   #11
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If this is true, I am going to camp at Ford Showroom's entrance (just like the iphone/PSP launches in the states).. My XUV500 will hit the 100k clicks soon and while I am considering everything between a Kodiaq and an X3, my heart wants a tough, BOF and features loaded full size suv - what better than the Endeavour
Zinda is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is great news, I hope this turns out to be true. May be they are going to have similar lineup as Thailand- Everest/Ranger and the Mustang. The Endeavour has a huge fan base and I am sure some of the loyal Toyota customers would jump too. With Toyota readying next gen Fortuner for late 2024/early 2025 launch, looking forward to see round 3 of Fortuner-Endeavour battle .
PrideRed is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:58   #13
BHPian

Okay. When I saw the title of the thread, my heart skipped a beat. Two years back, I almost teared up at the thought of Ford leaving India. I can't tell you how excited I am!

But - these are speculations / rumours. I would say that it's better to wait and watch. Stay calm about it and don't let emotions get the better of you. Because if you do, there's a fair chance you'll be met with disappointment. (Meanwhile I'm wondering: When did I become so philosophical ). At the end of the day, again, these are just speculations.

As MJ rightly said:
"Expect disappointment and you won't be disappointed".
CentreOfGravity is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 17:00   #14
BHPian

Having filed a patent in India for the Endeavour, listing new job openings, and making a u-turn on the sale of its Chennai plant, Ford has sparked off speculation of a possible return of the Endeavour to India. Indeed, our sources tell us the American car giant is gearing up for a return to sales in India post its closure in 2021.

Engine Details:
Engine options on the new Everest include two 2.0-litre turbo-diesel (a single turbo and a twin-turbo version) and a new 3.0-litre V6 turbo-diesel, just like the new Ranger. Gearbox options include a 6-speed manual and a 10-speed automatic, depending on the engine. Some markets also get the SUV with 2WD setup.

AUTOCAR INDIA - LINK

Last edited by uditanshh : 4th January 2024 at 17:05.
uditanshh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 17:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford has now realised that it has enough goodwill in the Indian passenger car market to make a comeback.
The after sales service experience for existing Ford owners have been largely positive, even after Ford's exit and this has actually helped the OEM and the brand in scoring points more brownie points than ever.

I envisage Ford will utilise their Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai plant as a CKD assembly plant in the near future; much like what BMW does in their Mahindra World City, Chennai assembly unit.
This actually brings to the fore a very interesting possibility of other right hand drive models from Ford's global portfolio, making its way to India either throught CKD, SKD or CBU route.
Also, just before its exit from India, Ford had qualified for the Government of India's "Production-Linked-Incentive", or PLI scheme. Maybe this can give a fillip to making prospective EV models to India from the Blue Oval?

Our request to Ford is: please do not act in haste, second time 'round. You have enough models in your global portfolio which you can mix and match and have a good CBU-SKD-CKD operation running in India.
Do what you do best: that is make and sell good cars on your OWN. No need to contemplate tying up with partners whose intentions are finicky to say the least.

Good luck!
arjab is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks