Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2024, 15:15   #121
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
So I spoke to a birdie from FORD, and he confirmed CKD production is on its way to INDIA, along with EV lineup. SO yes the endy, ranger and maybe the Mach e's. Nice.
Since they already have a CKD assembly line at Chennai plant for Endeavour, both Endeavour & Mach E (CBU most likely) make sense for a comeback strategy. But I don’t really understand the Ranger part. If Toyota is not able to pull it off with Hilux in Indian markets I’m not sure why Ford is even thinking about it.

Probably they can think of buying the brand name ‘Everest’ too.

Last edited by LionX : 28th March 2024 at 15:42.
Old 28th March 2024, 17:02   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Toyota is not able to pull it off with Hilux in Indian markets I’m not sure why Ford is even thinking about it.
Some people (companies) just refuse to learn.
The Ranger market is super tiny in India.
Even the Mustang is not suited for the Indian roads.
That just leaves the Endeavour (Everest) with a viable path to profitability, i.e if Ford actually comes back and when.

Lastly, Ford India should swallow their egos and bring the cars which suits needs of Indian customers, i.e. Ecosport, a Mid-Size SUV (XUV700 rival) and max even the Bronco will get traction, considering how macho it is in its road presence. (For folks going with Jeep cars currently). And of course, the Endeavour, which is being rumoured actively.
samarthnarayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 21:49   #123

So where would it sit, sorry for my naivety but would it fall in the 15% bracket by any chance and hopefully not 35% as below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
So I spoke to a birdie from FORD, and he confirmed CKD production is on its way to INDIA, along with EV lineup. SO yes the endy, ranger and maybe the Mach e's. Nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-ckd.jpg  

Old 4th April 2024, 11:42   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
A Ford Everest in its Trend trim was spotted on a flat-bed in India.
I wish that Fortuner sales would plummet in favour of the Endeavour so that Toyota picks up their slack and actually tries to provide some value for money because the Fortuner which wasn't great, to begin with, IMO is becoming worse.(tho i know it's impossible for Fortuner sales to fall since its a status symbol)
BrakHorseBarhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 21:52   #125
Senior - BHPian

Ford returning to India with Endeavour.

Quote:
Two years after it quit the Indian market, Ford is now planning to return with a combination of ICE and EVs. But it will all start with the triumphant return of the Endeavour.
Source
Old 10th April 2024, 15:31   #126
Senior - BHPian

New Ford Endeavour likely to return as Everest in India.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-20240408111207_ford-everest-exclusive-tag-added.001.jpeg

Quote:
Ford likely to import a limited number of Everests before locally assembly begins in existing Chennai plant which is set to re-open next year.
Quote:
We cannot build the Everest in isolation as it has to fit into one integral production plan with other products too,” said a company source. This could delay the manufacturing of the Everest in India to late 2025 or even 2026, but to bridge the gap, Ford is considering bringing in a small number of imports as a way to return to faster market.
Quote:
Ford India could not use the Everest name here earlier as it was trademarked to another entity, but Ford is understood to have secured the rights for the Everest name now and plans to relaunch it under this moniker.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th April 2024 at 15:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 18:00   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakHorseBarhat View Post
I wish that Fortuner sales would plummet in favour of the Endeavour so that Toyota picks up their slack and actually tries to provide some value for money because the Fortuner which wasn't great, to begin with, IMO is becoming worse.(tho i know it's impossible for Fortuner sales to fall since its a status symbol)
Nothing will make me happier to see Toyota get on their knees with Fortuner's sales numbers. Nothing personal here
but it really antagonizes me how they have used their monopoly to string the buyers. They kept reducing the features whilst jacking up the prices unabashedly. Fingers crossed for the Endeavor to become Toyota's worst nightmare by far.
Gupts007 is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 18:37   #128
BHPian

If the person who named the Rose as Rose, Had he named it Lily, it would still smell the same.

To Ford India, call it Everest or Endeavour or even call it Nutmeg or call it a Rock, stone or mud! Just launch it ! Enough of hide & seek, we TBHPians have realized you will launch it, just launch it soon!!
Quicksilver85 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 19:01   #129
BHPian

My hot take: Everest (diesel) is going to rock the market and cannibalise the sales of the Fortuner…..then Toyota will come up with a hybrid Fortuner like the HyCross with a relatively affordable price and lots of features which will cannibalise the Everest sales eventually.
Either way- it’s us customers who are going to be benefitted.
QuentinTino is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:02   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
My hot take: Everest (diesel) is going to rock the market and cannibalise the sales of the Fortuner…..then Toyota will come up with a hybrid Fortuner like the HyCross with a relatively affordable price and lots of features which will cannibalise the Everest sales eventually.
Or maybe ford gets its pricing wrong, product turns dead on arrival/slow sales, they cut down on local production plans and toyota continues milking the fortuner for a few more years...
This is what i'm expecting to happen tbh
TSIboy is online now   (41) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:31   #131
BHPian

We just witnessed Skoda botching Superb's relaunch in India via CBU route. I fear Ford is committing same mistake.

Just take a look at 2025 4runner reveal. If upcoming Fortuner turns out anywhere closer to 4runner then Ford can kiss goodbye to Everest/Endeavour. Everest is nothing but old gen car with a facelift which they never bought here. So by time Everest comes here, Toyota will launch new-gen Fortuner.

2025-toyota-4runner-revealed
varunswnt is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:42   #132

Curious if the delay is to figure out a petrol or a hybrid (not their forte, but I do see some 4 cylinder hybrid/plug-in hybrid options in the U.S with Ford escape etc).
Big SUVs continues to sell their diesels in reasonable numbers, but it wouldn't escape Ford to hedge it's bets.
If wishes were horses etc, I hope they bring the 3.5L V6 Hybrid that powers the F-150 even if it's a super premium option
nri2ri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 22:50   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
I don't think Ford is launching any products at all in India. But let's presume they wanna reconsider India and launch Everest. They will probably launch it as a CBU product as mentioned above in the post.
Everest costs 40 lakhs in most markets including South Africa and Australia. It will priced around 60-70 lakhs which is even more expensive than Fortuner GR sport.
It would be dead on arrival.
Only hope for Ford to survive is by committing long term or properly. By that I mean actually manufacturing products in India. Then they can actually give a fight to Toyota. Even then they fall behind Toyota when it comes to reliability.
And let's be honest Fortuner facelift is going to arrive as well in 2025 considering Toyota is refreshing their products lineup all over the world especially their body on frame ones.
And once Fortuner facelift arrives it will set charts on fire once again. Politicians and rich people don't care a lot about 50 lakh price tag for Fortuner since it's a brand in its own.
blueather is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 00:39   #134
BHPian

They are probably naming it Everest to stop the comparison with the old Endeavour. Have learnt from the Superb fiasco.
omar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 00:58   #135
BHPian

Even when Ford Endeavour was on sale in India, it was priced very competitively against Toyota Fortuner, but could hardly dent its sale.
Past four months have seen Fortuner crossing the 3000 units mark every single month and is unstoppable.
Even if Ford were to bring in Everest in its current variant, it would be well over 60 Lakhs on road.
Yes the customers will definitely have more to choose from, but how many will actually buy it?
I would rather wait for Ford to make up its mind about entering Indian Car market again and resume production of its cars in India for the Indian market. Because then, I hope, they might get a competent product at a compelling price point.
adityaNview is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks