Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2024, 11:25   #106
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025

There is smoke for sure, but fire is purely speculative. Ford is making some noise, but it is unclear what they want to do, maybe they are analysing the market temperature, before their next move.

Its hard to conclude anything yet.

That said, the looks of the Everest are an absolute buy for me. I would absolutely like to own one in future if it makes way to India in the same avatar.

Last edited by SixPistons : 9th March 2024 at 11:27.
SixPistons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 12:30   #107
BHPian

I really doubt about the comeback, mostly because there is no logical reason !

What a vehicle, oogling at it , That nameplate in the title

Last 2-3 minutes of the video, Gagan has broken so many hearts !

Last edited by Thyag : 9th March 2024 at 12:33.
Thyag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 12:59   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
A different picture of what appears to be from the same spot shows a new gen Ford Ranger right behind the Everest in another flatbed, Ford definitely seems to be cooking something

Source: Instagram
Once again, Elite Road Side Assistance is at their service it seems. Someone please pull some strings and figure out what is happening

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-image_20240309_125900960.png
Old 9th March 2024, 13:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
There is smoke for sure, but fire is purely speculative. Ford is making some noise, but it is unclear what they want to do, maybe they are analysing the market temperature, before their next move.

Its hard to conclude anything yet.
This is what the Economic Times has to say.

https://m.economictimes.com/industry.../108343757.cms
kvamshi04 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 13:31   #110
BHPian

Makes sense that there are now a few test vehicles here in India.
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 13:47   #111
BHPian

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, They are welcome if they are coming back specially when they have their dealerships service centres still operational.

But think about it,
1. An automotive company usually doesnt leave a market like India for short term
2. If they were eventually going to come back with a full import portfolio of cars, instead of just exiting they could have re-arranged their vehicle line up

Lets wait and watch, what they are upto!

Having said all this, I would anyday buy a ford over other cars.
TN20CQ5187 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 20:11   #112
BHPian

Ford always had their Ford Business Solutions in Chennai despite of their domestic operations. It was supporting the global operations and engineering. Exiting and re entering the market in this short time is a huge financial blunder IMO. All these vehicles are part of the product development happening in that engineering center rather than their market entry in my view.
5252rpm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 02:17   #113
BHPian

More dope on Ford Everest & Ranger
These units were imported by Ford Motor India from Thailand (Ford runs a manufacturing JV with Mazda in Thailand named Auto Alliance). The units imported include Everest & Ranger (not sure if its a Raptor). The imported Everest gets a 3.0L V6 engine and 4x4 driveline. It is seemingly the top of range variant in Everest range.

Speculation on why Ford could be evaluating these units - Brands that have wound up manufacturing facilities (such as Ford) but still want to maintain some sort of presence and stay relevant in the marketplace, either resort to a CBU-import-route OR partner with a local company for SKD/CKD assembly. These brands end up paying higher on import duties but save on the local operating costs resulting from running a plant, tooling of components and manpower. It's a model best suited for limited volumes that helps brands to stay relevant and keep a foot-in-the-door, should there be an opportunity to re-enter the market in full swing in future. Given the brand recall Ford has got here, I believe it makes sense to exercise this option.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-everest-spec.jpg  

Kols is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 04:57   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Eh.

I really can't know if this is sarcasm or not.

The F-150 type front end is the main reason why desirability of the current gen Everest/Endeavour has shot up. The rear end is just like last gen, subdued.
It's more Maverick than F150. Well, precisely it's a Ranger obviously. The way Ranger looks makes sense in the US market, as its mid-size.
In India, they need to actually give it the F150 front. Otherwise it will remain just a practical buy, not an aspirational one. All its gonna do is kill Jeep forever.
This wasn't the case with old Endeavour, which looked as butch as Fortuner.

Anyway, kinda pointless discussion I guess. Agree to disagree.
Old 11th March 2024, 10:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
Ford always had their Ford Business Solutions in Chennai despite of their domestic operations. It was supporting the global operations and engineering. Exiting and re entering the market in this short time is a huge financial blunder IMO. All these vehicles are part of the product development happening in that engineering center rather than their market entry in my view.
Thanks for adding that perspective. I agree with you, this now looks like the most likely reason for import of these cars into India. With Ford aiming to expand its India footprint for onboard tech and EV development, this makes complete sense. If true, it would be heartbreak for many Ford fans out there sighting those butch Ford Raptors but unable to drive one; reminds me of the mariner poem "water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink" I wish it's proven wrong. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...7.cms?from=mdr
Old 11th March 2024, 11:13   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1 View Post
It's more Maverick than F150. Well, precisely it's a Ranger obviously. The way Ranger looks makes sense in the US market, as its mid-size.
In India, they need to actually give it the F150 front. Otherwise it will remain just a practical buy, not an aspirational one. All its gonna do is kill Jeep forever.
This wasn't the case with old Endeavour, which looked as butch as Fortuner.

Anyway, kinda pointless discussion I guess. Agree to disagree.
Offtopic.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-ford-front.jpg

Sorry for going offtopic, but couldn't help.

Have never heard of the Ranger/ Everest looking like a Maverick, but everyone have said that the new Ranger/Everest front end resembles the F-series front end. Ofcourse, like the previous gen too, the width is less in the Endeavour/Everest and it can't be as imposing as an F-150.

Anways, even if all three resemble each other with family looks, people in India (atleast enthusiasts) will know what an F-150 is, but the Maverick would be known to only those who follow the US market.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 14:16   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford is evaluating its future plans for India. Ford's global executive Kay Hart meets TN state govt officials, discusses future India plans

- Ford Endeavour and EVs are being looked at for India plans

- Endeavour/ Everest may be assembled, the Mustang E could be imported as a completely built import route, and the company is exploring the possibility of localising electric vehicle platforms in India to not only cater to the domestic market but also ship vehicles overseas,” added the person requesting anonymity.

Name:  5db0e8fb47df44449d8d47087460f7f6_APFordEverestxKayHart.001_1_.png
Views: 398
Size:  833.8 KB

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 18:28   #118
BHPian

Honestly this is good news irrespective of whether you are planning to buy the Endeavour or not. Toyota has been getting really comfortable due to the lack of competition. Hopefully this pushes all the vehicles in the segment, especially the segment king Fortuner to bring new updates.
Old 23rd March 2024, 09:59   #119
BHPian

Posting some thoughts because I read some fellow members expressed (with valid reasons) that Ford's re-entry in such a short time does not makes sense.

Ford's re-entry makes complete sense to me. One key reason of Ford's exit was that they saw india as a cost conscious market with little appreciation for safe and well built cars. All this has changed in a very short time post the covid era. India has never bought as many 25 to 30 lakh plus cars as she is doing now. Current sale figures of cars like XUV700, Hycross, Safari are insane. They have almost become "mass" cars in urban areas. Crash test ratings are proudly published by manufacturers. It grabs media attention and creates a lot of buzz among public. This has never happened before and so must be very positive signs for an auto manufacturer like Ford.

About relaunching Endeavor - agreed that it is 1 or 2 segment above the cars I mentioned, but so is Fortuner whose sales are still going strong. Mahindra and MG tried to enter that segment with Alturas and Gloster and failed. Not because they were seen as costly cars but because they were simply not good enough. If Ford comes back, it will with a brand value like no other in that segment. I truly think it will do decent numbers if relaunched.

Even our transport ministry is showing inclination to make cars safer (hopefully, they won't go back on their positive statements about making cars safer) with regulations. Thus, I see a lot of room for Ford in this market.

Modern businesses have to be flexible and India is an attractive car market right now. So ford's exit and reentry, even in a short time, should not be a surprise.

Keenly looking forward to Endeavor's relaunch. It has been one of my favorite "real" SUVs for a long time. And, very humbly speaking, now I can afford one!
Old 23rd March 2024, 22:27   #120
BHPian

So I spoke to a birdie from FORD, and he confirmed CKD production is on its way to INDIA, along with EV lineup. SO yes the endy, ranger and maybe the Mach e's. Nice.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks