Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 16:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
You could not have been more wrong in terms of sales of Endeavour.

Endeavour was infact the only car that went toe to toe with Fortuner in terms of sales, and only one that was holding Toyota from pricing Fortuner at ridiculous levels (which they now have done).

Sales figures till the last complete month, before Ford announced departure in Sept 2021, avg last 6 months Endeavour Sales = 828 -
Absolutely true that it went toe to toe just before they pulled the plug, but it did not have a great bull run in the initial days. Look at is sales patterns in 2013-2017. Only after 2020 did the sales pick up. Before that it was just on double digits to less than ~500 units a month.

Attached are TBhp sales dispatch numbers for 2016-2019

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_20240105_164812.jpg

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_20240105_164010.jpg

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_20240105_164037.jpg

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_20240105_164050.jpg
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:06   #47
BHPian

Best news that I have heard in 2024! Having owned only fords through the last 20 years I can state that Indian consumers were given quality comparable to German luxury brands in small car prices. The service of Ford is still excellent and continues as if Ford had never exited India. Their customers are the brand ambassadors of Ford. can't wait to welcome their cars back to India! Wishful thinking but I wish they bring the Fiesta back as a hatch!
sanhan10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Absolutely true that it went toe to toe just before they pulled the plug, but it did not have a great bull run in the initial days. Look at is sales patterns in 2013-2017. Only after 2020 did the sales pick up. Before that it was just on double digits to less than ~500 units a month.
Even then it was mostly doing >500 numbers, which is a respectable number for 40+L rupee car. Screenshots which you have shared mostly point to average sales of 700 or so. The double digit one's you are seeing are anomalies and may have happened when the vehicle dispatches to the showroom would fall because of impending facelift.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:48   #49
BHPian

A little birdie just happened to chirp the following in my ears :-
  • Ford will definitely make a comeback, timelines not clear though
  • The sales model will never be the same again. Most of it will be through online sales, a model yet to be validated in a country like ours
  • The service model will remain the same.
  • Focus will be on mid size and above, new models and slowly shifting towards EV
  • Main purpose of the plants would be creating inventory for export market.
  • Global presence will be expanded by Ford in next 5-7 years, this is just the stepping stone.
Good if it's true. We will get to see and experience some global products. Don't blame me if it's false.
aviator1101 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 21:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
[list][*]Ford will definitely make a comeback, timelines not clear though[*]The sales model will never be the same again. Most of it will be through online sales, a model yet to be validated in a country like ours
Would definitely work , it is getting more and more difficult to differentiate between our real world and our virtual world which we have created. I remember well how skeptical i was doing my first online purchase a few years back and now i get skeptical buying something without reading reviews .
Ford should adopt a hybrid model , most of the service stations have space to accommodate a small showroom where a customer can feel the car , buying and all other attributes can easily be done online . It will somehow create even more transparency by removing the dealer , point in case Toyota with it’s dealers indulging in all type of black marketing for Hycross .
A hybrid model will not only reduce cost but will boast up the confidence as you would be dealing directly with the company for purchase and for service with your local service station.
Rajjaiswal92 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 13:54   #51
BHPian

Booked one already, in Dubai.

That too in the same Equinox Bronze color as displayed in the pictures.

Must say it is a very impressive package overall.

Will keep everyone posted once I get the delivery.
Kn1ght1941 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 14:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

I just hope they bring in the V6 with 10R80 transmission.

Though chances are low since brands love giving our country a step-montherly treatment and the buyers are pathetic "kitna deti hai" types
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 14:30   #53
BHPian

The mere fact that there is a design patent application does not necessarily mean that the Ford Endeavour is returning. An application merely means that Ford does not want anyone in India to copy this design. As India can be used as a base for manufacturing by infringers, it may just be a security.
evilminstrel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 14:37   #54
BHPian

Very heartening news and hope they come back with most of their products. India is news of this decade one cannot ignore India anymore.

Chervorlet (GM) & others wake up!
Toni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 15:12   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
[list][*]Ford will definitely make a comeback, timelines not clear though

Good if it's true. We will get to see and experience some global products. Don't blame me if it's false.
We better rest this forum discussion as we are speculating a lot but the Company has not made any formal announcement yet. So till we get some concrete information, we'll better hold our horses and give some rest to the forum.
Old 6th January 2024, 17:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
Good news in first week of 2024! Glad they are making a comeback with the endeavour. Good margins and limited volumes initially shall help them make operations profitable and later diving deep into the hot segments of C-SUV. Hope so they renew that shelved 4m+ suv they planned with Mahindra (picture attached). IMO, it will be much easier to bring it to life than going from scratch on board. I guess its time to lift the sheets again

Attachment 2553871
This is your current XUV700 on roads if you observe the front and interior closely. Plus there's still no concrete decision on Ford's return to India. If at all they return, they need to go all out(bring that V6 diesel please!) on product spread and positioning, but they certainly do have cars in all segments to make a dent in the Indian market! They just need carguys in the leadership team who actually listen to end users rather than bean counters who are penny wise pound foolish.
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 19:57   #57
BHPian

If I were Ford, would certainly relook to enter the massive Indian market. Given the global uncertainties slowing down those market, India has remained largely unaffected - in fact it’s now a sellers market which is very different to when Ford exited.

Also, they are seeing strong sales globally and have excellent models which are eons ahead of purely domestic models.

A look at Toyota’a stable in India would show them there is enough money to be made in the mid priced range cars whereas they were mostly playing in the sub-million segment earlier.

Not to mention the die hard ford enthusiasts who would pay an arm and leg to repossess a new blue oval in their driveway.

Is Ford listening?
xsrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 19:58   #58
BHPian

It would be great if Ford could come back to India with some of their products soon. I strongly believe they left India at the wrong time - it has been a seller's market ever since they left. Given how car buyers preferences are evolving it will not be a surprise if Ford can find a few hits
Motorhead007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 00:10   #59
BHPian

Ford's comeback would probably only be with a sole product Endeavour because they seem to focus more on trucks and SUVs. Even if they launch some of their global products here in India, it is going to be super expensive like a Ford Edge or something which would cost over 50 Lakhs and people would go for a luxury German at that price point.

I also don't see them planning to launch any made for India products since there has not been any development and the fact that they decided to leave the Indian market doesn't give me confidence that they would develop another made for India line-up.

So Ford can never be the same it was during the 2000s and 2010s era where they made cars just for enthusiasts. People talk about how VWs and Skodas are amazing handlers, but only true Ford enthusiasts know that Fords were king of any segment when it came to handling. I was just going through a 2015 autocarindia comparison issue where they compared all of the C-segment sedans. Where Vento, Rapid and City scored 8/10 in handling, Fiesta scored 10/10 handling. Those were the golden era of Fords.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_1648.jpg

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_8324fa8d014a1.jpeg

Thanks to Ford for launching the Ecosport in India that also made non enthusiasts purchase the Ford Ecosport due to it being an "SUV" and got to experience what Fords are.

My dad gifted me an Ecosport in 2017, my ford memories come from that car which had the amazing TDCi engine, great handling, had really good steering feedback being an EPS and finally it was made like a tank which made highway driving feel effortless.

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-eco1.png

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-eco2.png

Rumour: Ford Endeavour is coming back in 2025-img_8c886f85684d1.jpeg

Those era of Fords can never come back and the memory of Ford enthusiasts will always remain as memories.

Last edited by athray9 : 7th January 2024 at 00:35.
athray9 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 00:22   #60
BHPian

If current Endeavour was available in the market, most owners would have replaced the Endeavour by current one, such is a brand pull. A reliable BOF SUV with impeccable after sales service and being a FORD, drives so well. I don't see a reason why this won't sell 1000+ copies, except poor management of course. Being an existing owner, I am ready to shell out even 60 big ones for 3.0L V6 if it ever gets to our shores. There is nothing like it.
Mach_1590 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks