Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 18:27   #1
BHPian

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?

Thread Rules

• Share changes only for the cars you own.
  • Specify your car's name and model (e.g., Style, Ambition, ZXI, etc.).
  • Try sharing a picture to make your post more interesting. Perhaps, in the way you'd soup it up.
  • Feel free to discuss changes for all the cars you own in this thread.

Introduction

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-175830.png

These days, before buying a car, everyone does a lot of research to find the right fit. We take test drives, make bookings, rethink our choices, and then finally make a decision. But, like they say, no car is perfect. Every car has something missing, or there's something that could make it even better. So, in this thread, imagine your car as your dream ride!

My car -

Skoda Slavia 1.5L DSG, Style

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-slavia-pic-14.jpg

Changes I'd Like -

- Upgrade to Kushaq's Monte-Carlo wheels

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-172748.png

- Stylishly blacken out the roof

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-172831.png

- Install all-LED lights for enhanced look and visibility

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-173059.png

- Opt for elegant beige upholstery inside

Name:  Screenshot 20231220 173505.png
Views: 321
Size:  514.3 KB

- Introduce soft-touch materials throughout the car

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-1image.jpg

- Enhance the premium experience with a panoramic sunroof

Name:  Screenshot 20231220 174633.png
Views: 322
Size:  413.0 KB

- Boost safety with a 360-degree camera and possibly ADAS

Name:  Screenshot 20231220 174728.png
Views: 320
Size:  368.4 KB

- Better rear shoulder room

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-175022.png

- Upgrade cabin materials for a premium touch

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-175506.png

- Have a virtual cockpit like the Octavia

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot-20231220-173327.png

- Spice things up with a 2.0 TSI engine

Name:  Screenshot 20231220 175658.png
Views: 318
Size:  145.8 KB

Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying a couple of lakhs extra for the above changes because, in my opinion, they are absolutely worth it. Now, I'm curious — what changes would you LOVE to enhance your car? Share your ideas in this thread!
MotorDev is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 19:03   #2
BHPian

Re: What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?

I own a Seltos GTX+ D 6 AT and I'm very much happy with what it comes out from the factory. I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to fiddle with anything. My car should be STOCK.

One thing I would like to add is the support of mirroring the Google map directions either from Car Play or Android Auto into the Heads Up Display through a software update.

Last edited by saisree : 20th December 2023 at 19:05.
saisree is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 22:00   #3
BHPian

My dad passed on his 2010 Chevrolet Beat to me a month ago. I have been driving it extensively ever since and am loving every bit of the car. However, I do have a wishlist of subtle mods. These are some mods that I would like to do ASAP if money permits.

After I finish this, I want to explore stuff like a stage 1 remap, custom exhaust, lowering springs, better tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot_20231220220018.png  

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-screenshot_20231220220603.png  

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-download.jpeg  

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-images.jpeg  

Attached Images

Last edited by saikishor : 20th December 2023 at 22:07.
saikishor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 22:41   #4
BHPian

I have a Maruti Zen LXI 2006. It used to be a good tuners car. Likewise, I too want to make some performance oriented changes to it, in order to make it a pocket rocket. They include:

1. G16B Swap
2. Cold Air Intake
3. Upgraded Headers
4. Straight Pipe Valvetronic Exhaust

Looks wise, I intend to keep it stock. Other then that, a touchscreen head unit to pair with these speakers will be a great option:
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-zen-speakers.jpeg
They are 15 year old!

Being the base model LXI, Zen lacks on fog lights. I also wish to get them installed, along with some auxiliary lights to improve night vision and to deal with high beam drivers. Hilux styled grille running lights will add more to aesthetics of the car. Here is how the front fascia looks currently, with a blackened out logo:
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-blacklogo.jpeg
adiiityaaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 22:42   #5
BHPian

Honda City 2014. Bought the manual. Just want automatic, rest everything is just perfect!
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 23:31   #6
BHPian

If we are doing wishlists, then better Road sense amongst everyone out on the roads would be my first ask.

But since it's a car you pention, I'd really like a Volkswagen like carhorn on my Innova (the stock horn sounds more like a Toot/Beep and less like a Honk Honk. Oh and wireless android auto Pls.
anandbangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 09:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I usually keep my cars stock, but use them well and use them a lot in their stock condition.

My BMW 320d (Sports Line variant - the top trim in 2017) is good enough for me as it is, and again, I have kept it stock.

However, the only change I would "LOVE" to do (as per the title of this thread) is to get the BMW Style 397 alloy wheels. A red F30 with Style 397 wheels is a timeless design in my view.

This is how my car looks as it is:
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-goa09.jpg

And this is the look I would love to have with Style 397 wheels (photo credit to some wallpaper site; sorry I do not have the link available at this time):
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-bmw-style-397.jpg

This is the only change I would love to do. But then again, I am a bit too lazy to actually do any changes to car (I rather just drive my car a lot), and also I a bit wary of using 18" wheels on Indian roads (my car with 17" wheels manages plenty of bad roads with a bit of careful driving). Therefore, I kept of liking these wheels but never actually made that change.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 21st December 2023 at 09:26.
Dr.AD is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 10:47   #8
BHPian

I currently own a 2023 Kia Sonet HTK+ iMT. The car is purr-fect however I wish to / plan to make the following enhancements to the car :

Currently my ride looks like this :

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-img_0598.jpeg

I have already done some quality of life improvements-

A) Replaced the halogen headlamp bulbs with kia official accessory LED bulbs.

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-img_0873.jpeg

B) Got the door arm-rest leather wrapped just as they come in higher variants

I further plan to do the following things -

A) Install ventilated seats. I have heard rave reviews from bhpians about the Riggear ventilated seat covers. Unfortunately they are out of stock for now.

B) Alloys. I have a strong itch to scratch in this matter. Went to karol bagh to explore few options. Still undecided.

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-img_0846.png

Last edited by Sheel : 21st December 2023 at 11:06. Reason: Formatting
Vkap257 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 10:56   #9
BHPian

I own a 2021 Hyundai Tucson 2.0L Diesel AWD. Love every bit of the car - styling, looks, performance, comfort. One of the reasons I booked this model ahead of the new generation that was launched in 2022 was the look of the new generation car. I find it odd and overdone with that overdose of cuts and creases in the body.

That said, there are only a few things that I miss in my car (the new generation gets these).

1) Ventilated seats
2) 360-degree camera
3) Wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay (this can be fixed easily with the Carlinkit adapter)

Apart from these, I don't really miss anything else. ADAS is something that I'm better off without, and I'm okay that my car doesn't have it. Also, my car gets those dedicated buttons for the AC controls, which is a boon.

Last edited by anshu1101 : 21st December 2023 at 10:57. Reason: Typo
anshu1101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 11:55   #10
BHPian

For our 2021 Skoda Superb L&K. I'm going to leave out the changes that are possible through VCDS (like setting the electronic front limited slip differential to act more aggressively), since those are aplenty.
  • Adding adaptive suspension (VW group's DCC: dynamic chassis control)
  • Swapping out the piano black interior trim with the wood trim from the Superb scout.
    What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-img_20231221_120005.jpg
  • Blackening out the roof completely (basically what GTO has done on his Superb).
  • Modifying the digital tachometer to only read up to 7000 rpm from the current 8000 rpm: I'm used to the needle reaching the end of the scale in the Fiesta, and I'd like to see it getting close here too.

For our 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI:
  • Adding AUX capability: The stock sound system is wonderful and I love CDs, but there's no denying that being able to play media from your phone without a loss in quality is superior.
  • A (very unrealistic) transmission swap with a hypothetical 6-speed manual whose first 5 gears are the same as the Fiesta's stock gearbox, but with an additional 6th gear to cruise at lower rpms at highway speeds.
  • Slightly beefier sound deadening, just to make it that extra bit more comfortable on the highway.

That's all for both the cars honestly, since they nail pretty much everything else!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 21st December 2023 at 12:16.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:12   #11
BHPian

Mine is a 2023 Verna SX(O) DCT. This pretty much comes packed with features and I don't miss much on the mechanical front with a powerful engine and an excellent DCT gearbox. Being a Hyundai, it also is loaded with creature comforts but there are 2 things that I miss and would love to see it on this car.

Fully Digital instrument Cluster like the one in Tucson or the Seltos

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-2023hyundaitucsongaugeclustercarbuzz8347391600.jpg

And Memory function for the powered seats. The 4 way powered driver seat is good, I don't even need the 6-way and can live without it, but some way to remember the position.

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-download.jpg
vignesh207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2009 model Alto Lxi which will come up for Fc renewal next june. I intend to spruce it up and probably repaint it at the time. I would also like to put in a bigger engine and make it a sleeper car if that will be possible,legal and not prohibitively expensive!
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:38   #13
BHPian

I have an Octavia 1.8TSI L&K

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-octavia_2.jpeg

Changes/Upgrades I would like:

1. Ventilated & Massage seats
2. Cooling Box/Mini Fridge in rear center arm rest/or in boot
3. Window Blinds similar to Superb
4. Hands-free boot operation/electric boot

Beyond the above creature comforts I don't think there is anything missing from this lovely beast :-)
the pony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 14:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
My BMW 320d (Sports Line variant - the top trim in 2017) is good enough for me as it is, and again, I have kept it stock.

However, the only change I would "LOVE" to do (as per the title of this thread) is to get the BMW Style 397 alloy wheels. A red F30 with Style 397 wheels is a timeless design in my view.
That should not be too hard to fix imo. 397s are super common and very easy to source usually. Keep on lookout on OLX. I wouldn't worry too much about 18" honestly, 19+ is very you need to start babying the car. I am running 442M 19 Staggered setup with eibach lowering kit and it can get a handful on some days but okay overall.
Another thing that would look great is M Sport conversion from normal Sport. You already have the goodies inside but it will elevate the exterior looks as well.

Coming back to my car, mine is also a 2017 and it came with most things I would have configured myself such as M Sport package along with the M Sport suspension, Staggered 19" setup, Big Navi + HUD , Alacantara seats, Shadowline trim with factory BMW tint for rear and most importantly Dynamic LEDs over basic LED setup. So there's not much I would like to change apart from following two things.

1. Apple CarPlay - I hate BMW is playing hardball with owners and asking them to cough up money just to unlock CarPlay so not sure I will ever end up doing it. I use the stock navi with HUD a lot and it's updated very recently with 2023 maps.
2. Exterior color - Usuaully not much of a choice when buying used, I could not skip the kit hence settled with Silver but the complete wrap is totally on cards.

What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-bmw.jpg
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 14:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Mostly they were cosmetic. Now with high end cars I do not. The last major upgrade I put in was to replace the 35W fog light bulbs with 55W 3000K HIDs in my Civic.

35W fogs were too small for the purpose. For the HIDs I found holes to mount both the Ballasts on the bumper (ie on the metal underneath) and then replace the bulbs with HIDs of the same mount.

This was over a decade ago.

Last edited by sgiitk : 21st December 2023 at 14:53. Reason: Last line added
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks