Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2023, 14:57   #16
BHPian

Re: What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?

I have a 2017 Nissan Sunny XL petrol and some of the enhancements I would love to have are:

1. Alloy wheels
2. Android HU
3. LED front and rear lamps
4. Ventilated leather seats
5. Soft touch materials on dashboard and door panels
6. Dual tone interiors instead of the all black interiors
7. Body work to make it look like the 2023 model
8. A more powerful engine, like the 3.5L V6 from the Maxima.
9. Better sound dampening
10. Armrest
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 16:28   #17
BHPian

I would love to have these on my Seltos DCT GTX

1. 360 degree camera
2. A more powerful music system
3. Ventilated seats
4. Wireless Android Auto & Apple Car Play
5. A way to mirror maps onto the HUD!

If only I could have waited for the GTX+, the first 3 would have automatically been taken care of, but then, circumstances & time, alas!
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 16:43   #18
BHPian

I have 1st gen Ertiga ZDI, I would like to have

1:360 degree camera.
2: Split last row like 2nd gen.
3: Last row should fold flat for better luggage capacity.
DDIS_RE650 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 16:57   #19
BHPian

I have a 2020 Suzuki Ignis Zeta. I am having unnatural urges of switching it with Honda Elevate or Kia Seltos. To overcome these thoughts, I am planning on some mods such as:

1. Auto Android/ Apple Play Touch Screen unit with Back Camera
2. New seats cover
3. Full Detailing
IshWish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 18:49   #20
BHPian

Slavia 1.5 DSG Style
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-intro.jpg

- I'd love to add Kushaq's Monte Carlo wheels, Lip Spoiler from the Virtus, do a Roof blackout and chrome delete. Will do this during a mid life makeover, perhaps after 3 years. That will turn this already pretty sedan into a stunner.
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-virt.jpg

- Already added frameless wipers and VRS badges. Added one on the boot and two subtle ones on the B-pillar and grill. Got these little ones cut out at a sticker shop nearby.
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-vrsgrill.jpg
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-vrstail.jpg
What changes would you LOVE to enhance your car?-vrsb.jpg

Last edited by Vibhav-Van : 21st December 2023 at 18:51.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 00:56   #21
BHPian

Though I’m very much satisfied with my car, there are a few things which I would like to add to my daily, a Civic ZX CVT:-
1. Turbo-tuning for the engine & a better gearbox
2. Wireless CarPlay
3. Enhance the audio output
4. Upgrade tyres and add some noise-cancelling insulation
5. 360 degree camera and sensors
6. Ventilated seats
7. All-black interiors
8. Connected car to know where the car is when someone else is driving.

As of now can think of only these things. Will edit if I remember anything else. But it’s fine, as much as I love my cars, the spark of getting a new car shouldn’t go away because for me cars are life.
NarediAni7518 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 07:20   #22
BHPian

I own a Dzire 2017 ZXI+, AGS (amt) . It's the top model and comes loaded with things out of the factory. The only thing I've felt it needed is electronic parking brake with auto hold due to the horrendous Delhi-Gurgaon traffic for my office commute. Other than that, it has been a wonderful 6 years driving it.
Jekyl87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 08:17   #23
BHPian

I drive an Octavia, 2.0 TSI, L&K Trim.

I’ve always aspired to own an Octavia and we have had three iterations of the Octavia in our family in which I spent a lot of my teens in. However when I was looking to pick up a new vehicle last year, the Octavia was at not top of my list for two reasons
  • Lack of a manual gearbox &
  • The suede interiors which I thought would be very high manintenance

Having owned the vehicle now for near two years, I don’t see either of the above as a problem and I am happy that the family looked past these. What I would now like to improve my ownership is as follows;
  • Buttons and Dials - Trying to do basic stuff on a touchscreen while driving is a pain!
  • Local availability of parts - everything in the vehicle needs to traverse countries!
  • To be able to service the car at the closest Maruti workshop
sassid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

I drive the XUV3OO W(8) Optional dual tone model and it's absolutely fine as stock. I don't like mods on my cars but add some accessories. If it's going to change performance, then it's a strict no for me. My car comes with all the bells and whistles (alloys, dual zone AC and 7 airbags), couldn't have asked for more.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:38   #25
Team-BHP Support

I have made a couple of changes to my 2012 F30 328i Sportline that have enhanced the driving experience a fair bit:

1) Replacing the India-spec dampers with euro-Spec Bilstein B4 has greatly improved the ride and tautness of the suspension. Can be further enhanced with M-Sport specific B4 dampers and springs, but the poor road conditions are preventing me from doing this.

2) Replacing the quiet stock muffler with an Active Autowerke Axleback exhaust - this has unlocked a much-needed exhaust note and has consequently improved the overall driving experience.

Things I would love to do, to further improve the overall experience:

1) Apple CarPlay / Android Auto - being a 2012 car, the absence of a modern infotainment system is sorely felt.

2) Poor headlights - they’re like candles in the wind, at the moment. Need to figure out a solution to improve the throw and clarity without breaking the bank.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd December 2023 at 10:43. Reason: Typo
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
For our 2021 Skoda Superb L&K. I'm going to leave out the changes that are possible through VCDS (like setting the electronic front limited slip differential to act more aggressively), since those are aplenty.
  • Adding adaptive suspension (VW group's DCC: dynamic chassis control)
  • Swapping out the piano black interior trim with the wood trim from the Superb scout.
    Attachment 2546559
  • Blackening out the roof completely (basically what GTO has done on his Superb).
  • Modifying the digital tachometer to only read up to 7000 rpm from the current 8000 rpm: I'm used to the needle reaching the end of the scale in the Fiesta, and I'd like to see it getting close here too.

For our 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI:
  • Adding AUX capability: The stock sound system is wonderful and I love CDs, but there's no denying that being able to play media from your phone without a loss in quality is superior.
  • A (very unrealistic) transmission swap with a hypothetical 6-speed manual whose first 5 gears are the same as the Fiesta's stock gearbox, but with an additional 6th gear to cruise at lower rpms at highway speeds.
  • Slightly beefier sound deadening, just to make it that extra bit more comfortable on the highway.

That's all for both the cars honestly, since they nail pretty much everything else!
Fully agree with the interior trim revamp. Piano Black is a scourge on car interiors that must be stopped!
nakul0888 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

A little off-topic query,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
  • Adding adaptive suspension (VW group's DCC: dynamic chassis control)
Would you possibly know what such a DCC addition approximately would cost : ) ?

I found my recently purchased Tiguan's suspension setup to be just fine during test drives and initial few weeks. However, the more I've used it across more varied terrains the more I've realised its stiffness.
I imagine a DCC would iron that right out!

Thank you.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Harrier XZA+ - June 2023.

These are few things that will make this one a keeper.

1. Slightly more comfortable seats. For the love of god, I cannot find a proper seating position and end up with a stiff back and/or knee pain.
2. For a car this size, very minimal storage space available either near the dashboard or in the center console. Ample spaces in the door pads though
3. Ambient lighting - Something the missus loves, looking for after market options.
4. Cannot rest the right hand on the door pad, it is just too far out. Again, I think the seats are one size too small and have too many contours making it uncomfortable.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 10:57   #29
BHPian

Hi, Creta 2021 SX Executive - Phantom Black is the one I've now. The following updates are something I've been thinking about.

- Change the Casing for the HU. This variant was introduced during Covid so it missed on the Hyundai's connected infotainment system. I installed a Pioneer HU. The case has many levels of contours and not as sleek as the OE. If any of you have any leads, pl let me know.
- Dashcam - The recent increase in road rage and crime in the city has effectively created this new need. 70 MAI 500+ is on my mind - will pick in the next sale.
- Wrap for the grey part running above the window and ending in the C pillar. Of the many design quirks of Creta, this is something I'm not very happy about. Thinking of carbon fibre finish instead of glossy black. Any suggestions here are welcome.
- Chrome delete in grill and some parts to make it more black

More of aesthetic change and one functional update is something I'm eyeing now.
Willing to consider any suggestions for a kind of refreshing my experience with the car.
vigneshnr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 09:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Car: Hyundai Alcazar 1.5D Prestige

1. While the stock headlights are adequate. I wish they came with halogen projector instead of white LED.
2. Two sun visors please. Its a royal pain to drive at 8 am and 3-4 pm sun barreling at you. Sunglasses can only do so much.
3. I'd like to donate my JK UX Royales to the Night King (GoT speak). Even my 9-year said it out loud in a recent trip.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed