Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2023, 22:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lost both my HSRP number-plates in the Chennai floods | Now what?

The plates themselves are flimsy and get ripped out, leaving the rivets behind.

Rivets can be removed fairly easily but as is the case with people that use drills on a regular basis, the drill bits are blunt and in garbage condition and most of the time the bits are not chosen according to the material that is to be drilled.
Old 27th December 2023, 16:02   #17
BHPian

Re: Lost both my HSRP number-plates in the Chennai floods | Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
Hey guys, hope everyone is in good health.

In the floods of Chennai 2023, I lost both my HSRP plates in my car. I have no idea where the plates are now.

I am also paranoid of it being misused by someone.

I am also looking to change the plate to something cool.

The car in question is a MG Astor.

Just a question: I have seen many other car number plates (the one with black cases) missing. Is it a group who is doing this?

Your help is needed! Thanks in advance
I had an experience on my That in 2022 . On my drive to chennai from Trivandrum, I lost my front HSRP plate. Found this only after I reached home. Suddenly called my dealer in Aleppey. As per his advise raised a complaint through Kerala Police app and the very next day they acknowledged it by giving me a call. Over phone I told them the case and they closed the complaint online itself merely by acknowledgement.

I downloded yhe acknowledgement and gave a fresh application to my dealer in Aleppey. He got fresh number plates which were couriored to me at Chennai in a week. I fixed it at a local car shop at Anna Nagar
vimalvittaladas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed