Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 16:13   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel88joseph View Post
Thanks for sharing the rough estimate. A quick doubt which arises is - shouldn't the Road-tax, TCS and insurance be applied on the Net value of car (Ex-Showroom - less all discounts).
This is how they do it, on papers only the real ex showroom value is given. All discounts are only after that. So yes the sad part is that we have to pay taxes on discounted value as well.
Old 10th July 2024, 18:43   #377
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official

Test drove the Alpha AT. Found the suspension good and drive was fine since I was already expecting not much power. Placement of power window buttons were weird. You dont find the car that small inside. The steering ratio itself seemed a bit high and had to turn more. Did already know that turning radius is also higher.

The rear seats lack under thigh support although leg room is good. Wonder if this can be fixed. Rear seats should have been able to recline more. Discounts are 3.3 lakh as mentioned.

Also found that they were able to get 100 bookings between 1st and 5th of July among Karnataka Nexa dealers.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 10th July 2024 at 18:47.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 20:01   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Nah Maruti's marketing teams cannot be defended anymore!
It is the research team who did market study and gave inputs + the jokers who sat at the table and made this vehicle a so called "Premium" offering that needs to be fired. The vehicle had so much of potential to cash in on the wait and the recall of the old Gypsy. Maruti completely misjudged it and killed a product at launch with that price.

Hope Mahindra does not do that with the 4 door Thar, couple of lakhs (3-4 Lakhs) more than 2 door will give it a good leap, even against the Jimny's 4 door challenge. But anything more, it is going to become another dud product couple of months down the line.
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 10:45   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
I...............
1. My father, 75, drives a 2016 Grand i10 Automatic.
2. 90% of the time, he drives alone to nearby places within 3km stretch. 10% of the other time, its him and mom or the three of us or me alone. I drive my Nano everywhere else (including long drives - much better mileage etc)
3. In over 8 years of ownership, the Grand i10 has been driven for about 19500kms only. That is the extent of usage!
4. He is in perfect health and has always been a fast (slightly rash) driver. Hence, in 2016, we went for a 4 speed auto car with small proportions. Gives him more control and less power to exploit.

Well I am 73. Last year I disposed off my 13 year old Alto K10. It had done less than 20K in 13 years. So my usage is similar - short distance < 3km round trip alone or at times with my wife.

I am now contemplating getting a Jimny MT, as I am not very comfortable with AT. I like to rev the engine a lot. The USP of Jimny for me is that
. It is as narrow as an Alto, so parking in tight spaces is a breeze. In contrast our Honda City is a pain to park in most markets.
. It has a high GC, so puddles and portholes are a easily navigated.
. It will last 15 years before it is scrapped.

So go ahead and get the Jimny. MT if you like else AT if your father prefers that.
Aroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 19:07   #380
BHPian

Twist in the game. I had booked the Zeta MT (MY 24) on Sunday with the final price being promised 11.5. Now another dealer is offering a Zeta AT (MY 23) for net 11.9. Just thinking if I should go for the AT.
Aakash118 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 10:47   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xway View Post
- Size and road presence are nowhere as mean and bold as required for an offroader. It just looks like a small cabin on thin legs.
I wonder what you'll have to say when someone down under feels it deserves the personalised rego, "TANK".
Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official-jimny-identifies-iteslf-tank.jpeg
  • Size
  • Road presence
  • Mean
  • Bold
I suppose these are desirable qualities for posers and not attributes necessarily sought after by off-road enthusiasts.
kiku007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 23:48   #382
BHPian

Hi all,
Had some queries related pricing and discounts.
1. Is SOP discount being applied across all dealerships?
Saw few of the bhpians mentioning this. Couldn't see such thing mentioned in quotations from Bangalore.

2. Till how long the current discounts will be available?
Few of the dealerships stating that July15 is the last date. Post that offer/discounts might extend /discontinue/reduce.

3. Bangalore people, What's the best deal you have got on Alpha MT and AT? Will be beneficial to bargain during discussion.
Old 13th July 2024, 00:10   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope Mahindra does not do that with the 4 door Thar, couple of lakhs (3-4 Lakhs) more than 2 door will give it a good leap, even against the Jimny's 4 door challenge. But anything more, it is going to become another dud product couple of months down the line.
Given M&M's solid product launch since the 3-door Thar, I doubt they will goof this up. More so cause now the market is tilting in the favour of the consumer and they simply cannot risk this!

Given the recent price drop of the XUV700 and the feature additions to their 'best-selling' Scorpio-N , I'm sure M&M will play it rather safe with the 5-door Thar.

P. S.: With the price drop of XUV700, M&M even said it on record that they want to go for volumes.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 09:04   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Twist in the game. I had booked the Zeta MT (MY 24) on Sunday with the final price being promised 11.5. Now another dealer is offering a Zeta AT (MY 23) for net 11.9. Just thinking if I should go for the AT.
Do you want to get an AT enough that you are willing to get MY2023? Some people have a preference for MTs. The OTR capabilities might take a very slight hit with AT, but if you plan to use in city traffic, AT is a big positive.

Don't think in just price.

And if you can see and do PDI of the MY23 car before booking/paying then you could look at it. I have heard the good MY23 cars are no longer available in North. Are you trying to source one from the west or south?

PS - I see you're in saharanpur, so RTO fees would be higher than say Haryana.

My quote for on road Alpha AT MY24 in HR is 13.1 (1.21 L RTO).

Last edited by barcode : 13th July 2024 at 09:08.
barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 12:39   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Well I am 73. Last year I disposed off my 13 year old Alto K10. It had done less than 20K in 13 years. So my usage is similar - short distance < 3km round trip alone or at times with my wife.

I am now contemplating getting a Jimny MT, as I am not very comfortable with AT. I like to rev the engine a lot. The USP of Jimny for me is that
I am 66 yrs old with old shoulder injuries and a bad left knee (from a lot of clutch work in the good old days). I am now driving ATs only. Get an AT Jimny. You will adapt quite easily to the 4 speed gearbox. And your driving will become a lot less stressful. Get a throttle controller and you will be able to revv the nuts off the K15B engine.
Btw both my 2008 Santro and 2007 Grand Vitara have the old 4 speed AT gearboxes and I have never had any reason to complain.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 13:27   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Do you want to get an AT enough that you are willing to get MY2023?
My usage is mostly on the highways, so I have very much made up my mind to go for MT (MY 24). But I’m still getting calls from that dealer having 23 AT and they are ready to negotiate even more.

Quote:
I have heard the good MY23 cars are no longer available in North. Are you trying to source one from the west or south?
According to SA, they have two MY 23 cars, both Zeta AT, one in black and other in grey. I think these cars are with them since 23 and are not being sourced from anywhere else.
Old 13th July 2024, 14:44   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
My usage is mostly on the highways, so I have very much made up my mind to go for MT (MY 24). But I’m still getting calls from that dealer having 23 AT and they are ready to negotiate even more.

According to SA, they have two MY 23 cars, both Zeta AT, one in black and other in grey. I think these cars are with them since 23 and are not being sourced from anywhere else.
Is the dealer local in your city?

My suggestion will be to: go see the cars, follow the team bhp PDI checklist.

Go with a friend, cousin so you have four eyes and hands. You could also avail of a car inspection service if available in your city (Carwale or someone?). Car should smell factory fresh not dry clean fresh (big difference), tyres shouid have minimal debris stuck, check under seats, below mats for rusting and even dust that suggests they have been used. The list goes on.

Feel free to DM if you have any questions.
Old 13th July 2024, 17:02   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Is the dealer local in your city?

My suggestion will be to: go see the cars, follow the team bhp PDI checklist.
Both the dealers are in Meerut. The local dealer had offered just 1 lakh discount. Yes, I will carefully check the cars and then decide. Thanks for the help.
Old 13th July 2024, 18:18   #389
BHPian

Guys, has anyone got VIN details who have booked their vehicle under this 330000 discount deal?

I am getting a March 24 manufactured one.
Old 13th July 2024, 19:42   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Bangalore people, What's the best deal you have got on Alpha MT and AT? Will be beneficial to bargain during discussion.
(Quoting my earlier post)
1. Venkat Motors Hassan(200kms from Bangalore)
Model : Jimny Alpha AT
Colour : White
Ex showroom : 14,79,000
TCS : 14,790
RTO : 2,82,878
Handling Charges: 862
FasTag : 600
Insurance: 42,634
Ext.Warranty : 32,639
MSR: 885
Mudflap+Mats : 6000
-----------
Total : 18,60,288
Maruti discount : 1,00,000
Dealer discount : 80,000
MSSF offer: 1,50,000
-----
Final onroad : 15,30,288

2. Nexa Palace(Mandovi)
Jimny Alpha AT:
Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official-img20240712wa0033.jpg

Jimny Alpha MT:
Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official-img20240712wa0028.jpg
DLC5005 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks