Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 14:26   #346
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
The Jimny was positioned as a competitor to the Thar. This was evident with the large initial stock the dealers had picked up, their initial snobbish behaviour, their supposed limited monthly allocation and waiting lists.

Suzuki would have continued to sell at the same price if they were happy with the niche volumes. They clearly didn’t plan for the market to see the car for what it is: a car which is less appealing than the Thar (at least at the initial price point).

I am happy to see they are trying to correct that.
The initial positioning and pricing, both were goof ups by Suzuki, no doubt about that. They later tried to correct the pricing with the discounts, the positioning with the Rock n road events and I remember a bunch of youtubers doing the trails n tales video series too, in all of them they purely focused on the go anywhere off road capability.

By suzuki standards, even the 730 units sold during the Dec 23 sales would be considered niche.

Suzuki is a corporation whose goal is always going to be to maximise sales, if they can give more discounts on the Jimny while still making a profit, they would absolutely do that. Why should a company be satisfied with 300 monthly sales if they can do 800-1000.
Old 7th July 2024, 14:48   #347
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official

Hi all,
Hoping to see many more Jimny ownerships in coming days, given the discount sale.

At the discounted price, now Jimny AT looks better priced.(Especially given the high taxes in Bangalore).
On a side note, in pricing,even the Baleno 1.2 alpha AMT/AGS costs around 12.2L here(before discounts), though not comparing with features and other things.

So its a good time to buy, for those who have been waiting and have keen interest on Jimny.

Meanwhile, does anyone have any Jimny quotes/price list from Bangalore Nexa dealers, mentioning the discounts and price break up? If so, request to share it here for reference.

Regards,
DLC5005

Last edited by DLC5005 : 7th July 2024 at 14:52. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 14:50   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xway View Post
the bottom line is that it was and is overpriced even Maruti realized this and so do the buyers, due to size, look, space or quality whatever but the value proposition is totally missed, so I felt. As someone already pointed out its love and heart based decision for Jimny, and I am
not in love with Jimny was trying for arranged marriage, but that didnt gel with between me and Jimny
Couldn't agree more. In my price analysis video for Motoroids I clearly stated that the Jimny is 1-2L overpriced. At the time I was wondering if I was behind the times because everyone was rushing to buy one and even pay a premium for it.

Had my wife said NO then I would have cancelled my booking and retained my Pajero SFX.

But these discounts hurt regardless of the fun I've had with the car over the last 12 months. I would have had more fun with 3L burning a hole in my pocket!
gsferrari is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 19:15   #349
BHPian

Quotes for AT variants-
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official-01a63dedcb8d41c1a49b4a3d5afe4521.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official-15eaecff0c6044e39b62fac8103c35f5.jpeg  

Aakash118 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 08:07   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajjaiswal92 View Post
Jimny in my opinion suits best for young, working single or newly wed couples who do not have a family and would use the car for day to day chores along with the capability to go to near by destinations (within 400km) for a weekend or a long weekend trip.
There are folks who post videos on YouTube (Debashis of Unnavigated Duo and Saptarshi of Triple Carry) who do not fall into either category and are doing pretty well taking the vehicle on long and challenging routes.

People buy vehicles and figure out how best to make the most of it for the utility value. In that context the Jimny has been reasonably well designed.
uneasyrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 09:10   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Some thoughts while I address some current issues with the Jimny:
https://Youtu.be/PmwvBhEpx4I?si=gZL4f5HAjlu7Y79W
I liked your analysis. I bought cars in India like top end Jimny, top end Crysta and top end Scorpio from show rooms. I never bargained for discounts. The discounts if at all they are there were given without asking. I wish there is this professionalism by the brands to keep customers coming back to buy the same newer version of car after 10 years. In the case of Jimny which is the subject of discussion, I was given 30K discount without asking almost a year back.

I donot remember the exact prices of the cars I buy as it is naturally removed from my memory replaced by the good time memories with family during the long distance rides on the respective cars. After a certain period the prices are no more relevant but I will never forget if I am cheated by the dealer. In this context, I have seen USD to INR forex rates changing from Rs 8 to 80 in my international travels over a period of 5 decades. This is part of the game and we just observe and move on but never feel bad at the loss of certain big fluctuations in forex during our wire transfers.

I am sure there are many people who changed their car registration by paying life tax to multiple state governments to escape harassment for non state registered vehicles. To expect the refund by the previous state government is almost an impossible task unless one has connections at a very high level. Similarly, to expect even one rupee refund from MSL is an impossible task ( even though they had done it once as an exception).

In the event of a speculation that MSL is giving huge discounts for Jimmys locally which were rejected for export due to strict quality control, then I want to see how the market will respond.

Last edited by Mystic : 8th July 2024 at 09:36.
Mystic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 12:02   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Some thoughts while I address some current issues with the Jimny:
https://Youtu.be/PmwvBhEpx4I?si=gZL4f5HAjlu7Y79W
Loved your analysis. I don't think India is a mature enough market for purpose-built, niche cars. The Jimny, like you said, is a workhorse that could be a stress-free, go-anywhere car thanks to Maruti's service network and Suzuki's reliability. Sure, it's overpriced, but comparing it even to the Thar or any non-4x4 car is naive, if not stupid.
SavoyWalrus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 12:40   #353
BHPian

Guess lot of people are liking the reduced prices. I couldn't get a test drive and have to wait for 2 days to lay hands on Alpha AT.

I am trying to see how good it is pricewise compared to a premium hatchback based on the test drive. Need a smaller automatic with good reliability and being able to handle rough rural roads with some 4x4 use.
Old 8th July 2024, 13:01   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Quotes for AT variants-
Hi. Could you clarify what is the loan offer? I would definitely pick one if I was in the market. Very tempting offer on a competent vehicle.

Thanks

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th July 2024 at 14:29.
Old 8th July 2024, 14:43   #355
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to bite the Jimny bullet. I have one doubt that in various quotations I received and seen here on team-bhp, I didn't found RSA details anywhere.

NEXA guys told me that it's with insurance plan.

Has anyone got any separate RSA subscription details from Maruti/NEXA?
Old 8th July 2024, 15:05   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Could you clarify what is the loan offer? I would definitely pick one if I was in the market. Very tempting offer on a competent vehicle.

Thanks
See @Mu009's post below for details.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5798050 (Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official)
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 16:16   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Guys, I am planning to bite the Jimny bullet. I have one doubt that in various quotations I received and seen here on team-bhp, I didn't found RSA details anywhere.

NEXA guys told me that it's with insurance plan.

Has anyone got any separate RSA subscription details from Maruti/NEXA?
Yes it’s part of the insurance. The dealer will share RSA number and even ask you not to take any third party RSA plans because once it’s logged into the RTO, apparently the number goes out and random people will start calling you to sell you a RSA plan and will have all your vehicle details!

Maruti Jimny’s S-Cross moment | Sales tanking, 2-lakh rupee discounts official-img_0751.jpeg

You take any insurance provider (they give you an option between 3-4, including Digit, when they share a quote with you) but the RSA is via MSIL directly.
Evyas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 22:09   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Could you clarify what is the loan offer?

Thanks
According to my SA, you have to take a loan for Jimny loan through Maruti Portal to avail this discount. If you aren’t not too keen on loan, you can close it after 6 months. You will end up paying a interest of 20-25k and that will still be a good deal.
Old 8th July 2024, 22:46   #359
BHPian

The thread title perhaps needs updating(?)- 3-lakh rupee discount official

Last edited by Emvi : 8th July 2024 at 23:09.
Old 8th July 2024, 23:21   #360
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you. If you really like something, especially an article of utilitarian value then go ahead and buy it when you can afford it. It's the same with buying new tech. There's always something new around the corner. If you keep waiting you will never end up buying anything. And you never know if the new product will be better or worse in some way, priced out of budget or even discontinued.

However I must disagree on one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
. Similarly, to expect even one rupee refund from MSL is an impossible task ( even though they had done it once as an exception).
MSIL offered refunds of around a lakh to some S Cross 1.6L buyers a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken it was on a very random basis and I don't think all buyers got a refund.
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks