Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 15:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari

Congratulations on this one Mr. Naidu.

Such an (extra) ordinary of introducing yourself and i loved the fact that you didn't show Mr. Tata's face. The car itself is brilliant, and as they say, when you see skin in the game by the insiders, you know it's all good.

May be you give us the break up of your expense for this one - everyone will benchmark the discounts, and make peace - just goofing.
we_pull is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 15:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscrambler View Post
Thank you for your kind words!

I bought a dog seat cover straight off Amazon and its really really protective:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As and when I explore different terrains I will make sure I update my experience. If only life would allow such time liberally, but I will try
Thank you for the link! Seems well adapted to suit the purpose + your testimonial helps too. Look forwarding to witnessing your journey across various landscapes and road trips with Yuki. Wish you many miles that bring forth many smiles!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 15:54   #48
BHPian

From Nano to Safari, what a huge leap.
Congratulations and welcome to the team, Shantanu.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 16:40   #49

The car looks great, this is the first time I am seeing Safari in white and it looks stunning! Also, welcome aboard!
consultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 16:49   #50
BHPian

Hi Shantanu, welcome! I'd read about you ages ago, and now it's nice to put a face to a name!

When you get time, please post pics of your furry friends here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...heir-pets.html

I absolutely love what you're doing with Motopaws and we can catch up on my experience in the field (and possibly also connect you to the community in Kolkata). Thanks very much.
digitalnirvana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 17:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hello Shantanu,

Congratulations on the 2023 Safari and its so awesome to be interacting with you here. Read so much about you and what a privilege it must be to working alongside that gentleman who is an inspiration to generations. The work Mr. Tata along with you and the team do for our furry friends is very endearing and being a pet lover myself, I always play with them and love the lovely collars they wear.

I remember how much I had wish to meet Mr. Tata over the past many years but somehow never got the chance.

Fortunately luck favoured me when he turned up as a special guest at the Tata Nexon EV launch in 2020 where I finally got to speak to him for a minute and get a picture clicked with the great man. This picture and moment is something I will cherish forever. Please give my regards to him:

Mr. Ratan Tata with my 2023 Tata Safari-img_2995.jpg

Looking forward to interacting with you more going forward and getting to know more of your impressions on your new Safari as you munch up the kms.
Dippy is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 19:19   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Why did I choose this car to begin with? I mean working with the Tatas I do have a sense of loyalty, but you know you look at a vehicle sometimes and you just know. Everytime I park her (her name is Yuki) I turn around to stare a bit, that's how you know I guess.
Congratulations cityscrambler, and welcome to the forum.

That's the sentiment, your car should be a head-turner, at-least your own. 9 months with my Jumbo Jet (Tropical mist colour of my Safari matching Air Force One B747) and it still turns my head every time I park.

During a service visit, I saw the facelift version and those 19-inch alloys completes the SUV looks. Safari has gone through frequent incremental upgrades, and it has shaped up very well. With frequent updates there is always buyer’s remorse, however, I am happy that Safari as a product is getting its due attention from TaMo.
Old 30th November 2023, 19:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Room for improvement:

The interiors are gorgeous with the piano black setup but I got mine PPF'ed to prevent the scratches, which they are very prone to.

I have disabled some of the ADAS features since the notifications and tone interrupt and kill the music. (For example when you turn on the indicator it immediately gives you blind spot camera) I'm guessing a software update should fix this.

The new grill is so aggressive but difficult to clean.
Welcome to forum Shantanu!. Congratulations on your new Safari and happy and safe motoring !

While all that is well said, seriously, are these the only room for improvements that you see in a Safari aka Tata car? While I can understand the "loyalty" factor and also working closely with "THE LEGEND" himself, isn't it a strong, significant and imperative reason that you can and must take the feedback of this forum to him about the new age Tata products and its impressions in the market.

With so much of efforts by Tata to bring out such world class products, there is a strong let down by Tata themselves in few of the main areas - customer experience, reliability and fit & finish. This forum itself is a testimony for the need to address these areas on a war foot basis.

A small positive step can definitely create a world of difference with respect to Tata as a brand and of course to the pride of India. I look forward to your wise take aways from this forum as a feedback to the "THE MAN" himself.

Regards,
A longing Tata owner awaiting with only hopes for the changes to happen.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 19:52   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
A longing Tata owner awaiting with only hopes for the changes to happen.
Thank you for your thoughts, mate.

If I look at all the feedback that consumers had across all forums for the safari for example, the facelift tackled so many head on, the electronic steering being the major one of course but the gearbox improvements and the knee interference (for average height individuals) all of these were pain points once upon a time but were actively listened to and fixed and Im only using that as an example.

The reliability and fit, and finish of the car I own have shown no chinks in its armour. If the goal is to reach the pinnacle in both of these, I would say the summit is a few steps away.

My point is there very much seems to be a team that is actively listening to whoever has something to say in patterns and while everything might not be fixable or improved overnight, I can only say that all the things you have mentioned are already on their radar

As for me delivering feedback, I would be anxious to be a one-human channel to take that upstream but if there are mass patterns (which I look out for anyway) I will be sure to put word along.

P.S: Yes, for me, those are pretty much the rooms of improvement. Time will tell more if at all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGroot View Post
I am happy that Safari as a product is getting its due attention from TaMo.
I cannot imagine how you feel, I would feel the same. But the car you described since to have your heart and I have seen it on the road too. And she too turns my head, Happy driving

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th November 2023 at 20:11. Reason: back to Back posts, quoted post trimmed. only 2 smileys allowed.
cityscrambler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 19:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I got one of the first few Tata Safari Facelifts on Dassera Day Accomplished plus top end.

I've driven about a 1000 kms and thought I would mention some points. Bear in mind that I have driven a Tata Nano all my life so this was a big big jump for me.
Hi Shantanu! Great to see you onboard kudos and congrats!

Never guessed this would be one place where we end up connecting!
Old 30th November 2023, 20:03   #56

Congratulations @cityscrambler

How is the integration with Android Auto or Apple Carplay mostly for navigation purposes? P.S. Do compare Gmaps and Mappls.

And since, now we know you, how about receiving feedback from BHPians, compiling it and sharing it with the decision makers on a half yearly basis or something similar (might help bridge the gap)?
Old 30th November 2023, 20:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your inputs. Here are a few notes on the points

1. I'm really not the best person to talk about UI since the only other car I was exposed to was my analogue Nano.

2. I didn't have this issue honestly for 300km stretches at least. Did you try using the lumbar adjustment? I have fine tuned all settings and stored them so I'm at my best when driving.

3. I haven't noticed this on my safari (and I would have because I stare at every inch) but I will go back and check.
4. Again, I come from a nano but it cools pretty fast to the point where I have to reduce blower in about 10 minutes.
5. I do not know what magic seats are, sorry :( Also I have the bench in the middle

I really did not expect this post to blow up so much I was only trying to give some firsthand inputs on the car

But I'm glad you feel this way! Cheers
Thanks Shantanu,
Thanks for checking. The thing with safari is as it is a big family car, people sitting with legs touching on the buttons on seat sides (in center) people tend to rest their feet and this moves the diver / copassenger seats. This also needs to be placed at better location.
The reason why i am highlighting this here is I have a hope that via this forum it might go to engineering faster and help make safari a much better car.
Old 30th November 2023, 20:32   #58
BHPian

Congratulations Shantanu on purchasing one of the most desirable vehicles available in India! Mr. Tata in these pictures have truly made this post a very special one. As you spend more time with Yuki, please do share the ownership experience.

Further, out of curiosity, I would like to know the response of Mr. Tata when he was checking it out. You can reply if it seem okay to share. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2023, 20:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I got one of the first few Tata Safari Facelifts on Dassera Day Accomplished plus top end.
Congratulations on your new buy and the car looks awesome in white. Firstly, I would also welcome you to this wonderful community. Considering that you are very close to Mr TATA himself, I feel your presence here will add even more value, as we may have real-time unbiased feedback that can reach the great man on a timely basis. I have read numerous articles about Mr TATA and his vision, the efforts taken by TATA as a company is significant and they have come a long way in the past 5 years, now that the base is set and cars which are been launched are drool-worthy, it is very important for the product to be niggle free and unfortunately, that's not the case now.

There are quite a lot of people like me who are on the fence about buying a TATA car but deciding otherwise because of the persistent issues with the products, I raised a poll nearly a year back, where close to 35% voted for TATA "The brand you'd like to own in the future, if they sort out their current issues".

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nt-issues.html (The brand you'd like to own in the future, if they sort out their current issues)

I am sure all the feedback is taken seriously and there are high possibility of Mr TATA himself being aware of it. Why am I telling this here? I am venting it out, as I feel bad about not being able to own a TATA car in my life.

The intention is not to put you on a spot here, and I am not sure if you are the intended recipient as well, but if possible please convey my message to the great man whom I adore in my life.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 20:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:

But even mine are embossed.
Welcome to the forum.

The plates you have are illegal, non confirming to the number plates standard mandated by the MVA. They are not even of the same font or standard.

Kindly check it out with your RTO sources to avoid trouble.

Happy miles crunching.
RaviKBobba is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks