Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch to get a digital instrument cluster as standard

According to a media report, Tata will soon offer a digital instrument cluster as standard across all variants of the Punch.

Tata Punch to get a digital instrument cluster as standard-tatapunchinstrumentclusternowfullydigitalasstandard747x420.jpg

Spy images suggest that lower variants of the Punch will be offered with a 4-inch digital screen that displays the speed, fuel gauge, and more, except the tachometer. The Tiago, Tigor and Nexon also get the same instrument console.

The top-spec 'Creative' variant of the Punch will continue to be offered with the more advanced semi-digital instrument cluster that was initially introduced in the Harrier and Safari.

The Tata Punch is available in four trims – Pure, Adventure, Accomplished and Creative. The crossover is powered by a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine that makes 84 BHP and 113 Nm and is paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

The Punch is also available with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The iCNG version packs 76 BHP and 97 Nm.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd November 2023 at 11:12.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch to get a digital instrument cluster as standard

The only distinguishing factor for punch (except the iCNG variants) was the instrument cluster. Not sure why Tata decided to replace teh analog-Digital speedometer with LCD instrument that does not offer much information?

It might not be a big deal breaker, but I wish the brand paid special attention when designing instrument clusters for their entry level vehicles.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Why wait TATA. Make it standard on the Altroz too.

Seriously, who the hell introduced this for sake digital cluster to TATA? Not sure what extra information this new cluster gives to the user that the old one doesn't. Just plain cost cutting.

We seriously need a vomit emoji for the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
Not sure why Tata decided to replace teh analog-Digital speedometer with LCD instrument that does not offer much information?
It might not be a big deal breaker, but I wish the brand paid special attention when designing instrument clusters for their entry level vehicles.
The analogue/digital instrument cluster remains the same for the high variants. Just the lower variants get this for sake digital instrument cluster. Maybe it will look good in the brochure to mention that digital instrument cluster is standard.

Last edited by DicKy : 23rd November 2023 at 11:55.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:26   #4
BHPian

Am I the only one who feels analog dials are any day better than these "digtial" ones as long as the digital ones are full digital cockpits. I felt the same even for more expensive vehicles such as the new Verna & Virtus.
Bhodrolok is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, I can understand cost cutting in basic version.
Will higher variants have analogue cluster
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Am I the only one who feels analog dials are any day better than these "digtial" ones as long as the digital ones are full digital cockpits. I felt the same even for more expensive vehicles such as the new Verna & Virtus.
Absolutely. Analog (even virtual analog) are ergonomically easy on the human eyes. They do not demand as much attention as compared to digital readouts which fluctuate a bit too much. Drivers need to merely "glance" at speeds rather than "monitor" them like a lab set up.
As things turned out, both my Verna and Tiago have digital readouts. At least the Tiago has a quasi analog LED gauge for RPM, but then it is hardly the car to look at RPMs in the first place .
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:50   #7
BHPian

Analog meters look much better than the calculator font digital meters. The analog cluster on Punch looked far better than the digital one.

If OEMs want to give digital instrument cluster it should atleast be like the Altroz/Punch (top end model),i20,Seltos/Carens,Exter,Alcazar. They look so much more premium than the one offered on lower variants of Tata Punch/Nexon,Maruti Alto/S-Presso,Renault Kwid/Triber/Kiger,Nissan Magnite.

If that is not possible just give the old analog clusters only on lower variants but spare us the calculator font digital instrument clusters . IMHO they look really cheap.

I feel Maruti,Renault/Nissan digital instrument clusters look the worst in the industry.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch to get a digital instrument cluster as standard-tata-punch-oldnew.jpg  

Azalactone is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks