Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Ottoman Seats(Extended Leg/Calf Support)
Love it 66 33.33%
Tried it but don't care much for it. 41 20.71%
Never tried it 91 45.96%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2023, 15:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Ottoman Seats | Your Opinion

I like Ottoman seats but it will depend on the car. Having Ottoman seats in hatcbacks and sedans are absurd but I would prefer them in SUVs/MUVs.

They are comfortable, reclining and more safe.

Voted Love it.
Old 19th November 2023, 00:41   #17
BHPian

They are good but not a must have, if the car rides well, they add to the pleasure of the ride, but I like driving more than being chauffeured around, so not a must have for me.
regards kaps454
Old 19th November 2023, 11:46   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Depends on the execution, but I L-O-V-E Ottoman seats and am so pleased to see them in the Innova Hycross. Wait till you see what the 4th-gen Carnival brings (link to image).

In most cars though (few exceptions being the uber luxury cars), I find the front passenger seat to be the most comfortable. More space, more seat adjustment range, better view of the road ahead, access to ICE / AC controls and safer too - related thread (Why the fascination with the back seat?!!). If I'm being chauffeur-driven, you will almost always find me in the front seat, as I was yesterday in an Ertiga cab.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 20:56   #19
BHPian

The front passenger seat on my erstwhile Citroen C4 Grand Picasso came with the electric ottoman + massage + heating function and it was supremely comfortable. Would say amongst the 3 features for that seat, the ottoman and heating were the most commonly used functions on that seat always.

I would go for a version of the car I choose with the ottoman option any day, as long as it doesn't make me compromise on any of the other must haves in the car.

Cheers,

Most Viewed