Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?
Yes 333 81.02%
No 78 18.98%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2023, 21:01   #211
BHPian

Re: Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I don’t think that any Govt. Owned / Run entity will ever understand this concept of ‘making customers feel good.’

And I lament this fact.
MSIL can hardly be classified as Govt. Owned/Run entity. Whist the GOI holds a significant stake in the company, the scrip is a significant component of the stock market indices, it is run by a board and Suzuki has a say on engineering and commercial issues.

If Suzuki abdicated its responsibilities in the case of the Jimny, please don't blame the GOI for the fiasco. And it's a fiasco. Period.
Old 10th December 2023, 22:06   #212
BHPian

I guess it was sarcastic, MSIL is a 100% private company with parent company SUZUKI holding the majority of shares around 56%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I don’t think that any Govt. Owned / Run entity will ever understand this concept of ‘making customers feel good.’

And I lament this fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
MSIL can hardly be classified as Govt. Owned/Run entity. Whist the GOI holds a significant stake in the company,
GOI have no relation with MSIL as an investor today, if it had they would have been the forerunner of nation's EV segments.

GOI sold it's 10% stake at 797rs per share in 2013, today it costs around 10,000rs per unit.

Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?-screenshot_20231210202929.png

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 10th December 2023 at 22:07.
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 06:39   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
Asked the nexa showroom for the current pricing since I was window shopping to replace my brezza with a Grand Viatara...very clear that the total billable is 2 lakhs below current value.... other manufacturers are offering discounts but nothing close to this.....so the sales desperation is pretty obvious for all to see (apart from current Jimnys owners of course!!) By the way the discount on the Vitara is only 30k....
Quick question:
The ₹200,000 discount. Is this a flat discount on the Zeta MT, no questions asked, or is it a combination of Exchange bonus, Cash discount, Loyalty bonus and Corporate offer?
Thanks in advance!
Best,
Old 11th December 2023, 07:45   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Quick question:
The ₹200,000 discount. Is this a flat discount on the Zeta MT, no questions asked, or is it a combination of Exchange bonus, Cash discount, Loyalty bonus and Corporate offer?
Thanks in advance!
Best,
The Rs. 2,00,000 discount is a flat discount on the on-road price. Corporate offer is separately available, some are offering a further exchange bonus to the tune of 50k as well.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 10:41   #215
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Thread Closed. Please continue the discussion on PQR's excellent analysis of the Jimny's pricing debacle.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks