Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?
Yes 333 81.02%
No 78 18.98%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:19   #181
BHPian

Re: Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?

Today, I received a call from a Nexa dealership in Bangalore. The sales advisor with whom I spoke informed me that they are offering a discount of INR 1.5 lakh on the on-road price. When I mentioned that I'm not interested in buying the Jimny, he requested that I spread the word in my circle. He was quite persuasive throughout the conversation. Coincidentally, I was at another Maruti dealership at that time for some other business, and a staff member there mentioned that a few dealers have stockpiled Jimnys anticipating high demand. However, the dealers are now struggling to sell them even with ongoing discounts!

Last edited by Emvi : 22nd November 2023 at 18:33.
Emvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:49   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Today, I received a call from a Nexa dealership in Bangalore. The sales advisor with whom I spoke informed me that they are offering a discount of INR 1.5 lakh on the on-road price. When I mentioned that I'm not interested in buying the Jimny, he requested that I spread the word in my circle. He was quite persuasive throughout the conversation. Coincidentally, I was at another Maruti dealership at that time for some other business, and a staff member there mentioned that a few dealers have stockpiled Jimnys anticipating high demand. However, the dealers are now struggling to sell them even with ongoing discounts!
Yes, this seems to be the case, The Jimny had a large number of bookings with many cars allocated to dealerships on the basis of these bookings, however many of these have since been canceled, with dealers having to look out for customers to sell off their inventory, usually in case of high-in-demand cars, dealers didn't need to fret about cancellations as demand was always high (for example Hyundai Creta), but with Jimny, the demand wasn't as high as expected (it was initially but once the prices were revealed, there was a slew of cancellations), moreover many changed variants from Zeta to Alpha as well, which left the inventories of the Zeta too high, that Maruti had to offer some sort of discount to clear off this inventory before the year-end.

This isn't a phenomenon that will last long, and once the existing inventory is cleared off, I guess the discounts will be gone as well, most likely these discounts will last till the year-end.

This is as per the information received from the owner of the dealership who I personally know, not sure how accurate it is, but it seems justified.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Eh what about direct competitor Thar? and comes in diesel also, or you mean 4 doors? I guess 2024 will solve that too, till then yes.

Only reason is the looks and want to be niche. Otherwise does not make sense.
An year or so ago came across a used KL reg Gurkha Xtreme solid axle coil spring 140HP at a very attractive price. By the time it took to convince myself and travel to north KL the vehicle was gone. I was up for it knowing Gurkha is Force's time pass hobby side business to keep themselves amused while churning out boring commercial vehicles and power train components.

Very few vehicles pull on the heartstrings and most don't, and for me it does not matter whether its mass market taxi favourite, utility company favourite or urban niche. Some just does.

Thar was always there since 2020 but its not for me. Thar does not rock my boat like it rocks me (unsettled) on the road. And I can do without the road presence. Only Thar I'd still want is the Thar DI 4x4 aka Roxor.

The 5 Door Thar? I hope its probably is worth the wait for those who are waiting for it and I wish Mahindra does a better job of delivering the vehicles unlike 2020.

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd November 2023 at 19:18.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:06   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... The sales advisor with whom I spoke informed me that they are offering a discount of INR 1.5 lakh on the on-road price...
I was told 2L for Alpha, by my SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
...This is as per the information received from the owner of the dealership who I personally know, not sure how accurate it is, but it seems justified.
Same info based on which I had earlier mentioned about upcoming discounts; the dealers are pushed to clear the existing inventory as the new year models will come in early in the year and this will further impend the 2023 model sales.
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:18   #185
BHPian

Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?-screenshot_20231122191155_dolphin.jpg

Source

Mr. Srivastava, were you really serious when you said whatever you did back then?
Emvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:23   #186
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Poor pricing or not, what I am really enjoying how dealers are running towards customers now (albeit for only a particular model) and not the other way around that has been happening since last 2-3 years.

2 lac discount and zero waiting period is really, really big.

Good days are coming again, atleast hope so.
DCEite is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:31   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Poor pricing or not, what I am really enjoying how dealers are running towards customers now (albeit for only a particular model) and not the other way around that has been happening since last 2-3 years.

2 lac discount and zero waiting period is really, really big.

Good days are coming again, atleast hope so.
Or they cannot make any meaningful revenue out of Jimny and the obvious will happen.

I`m wondering if this is the reason for the radio silence from Force Motors.
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:45   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2534398

Source

Mr. Srivastava, were you really serious when you said whatever you did back then?
I want whatever this guy is smoking
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:47   #189
BHPian

Well, how the tables have turned. The dealers were so high-headed at least here in Chandigarh, that they didn't even entertain customers properly, had no offer to test drive, no demo vehicles for a few months after launch, and no follow-up post that. I and a few friends tried initially at a few dealerships in the Tricity. Not surprisingly, almost everyone dropped the plan to pursue it because of the attitude of the dealers and more so due to not being a value-for-money prospect.

I was more pissed off as I had moved mountains to convince my better half to go for Jimny, only to backout myself later.
ralto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:48   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
.............I was up for it knowing Gurkha is Force's time pass hobby side business to keep themselves amused while churning out boring commercial vehicles and power train components...............
So it appears, because the share price of Force Motors has been risen by 168% over the last one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
....................I`m wondering if this is the reason for the radio silence from Force Motors.
I am intrigued by your remark. Could you elaborate? Do you believe that FM believe there will not be sufficient demand for the upgraded Gurkha?
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:46   #191
BHPian

I avoided reading this thread for the past week. With news of progressively increasing offers it was difficult to get to a decision.

I am getting a zeta ( 1lakh discount + 15k accessories). Offers in small towns are probably not that much as stocks are low. My car was shipped from factory 4 days back.

Insurance got done yesterday - cannot go back now; hence logging in now

I got it as the difference with alpha was now 2 lakhs + and zeta has pretty much all I need.
Hope for a long and memorable ownership.

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 23rd November 2023 at 12:47.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:02   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2534398

Source

All is fair in marketing?
Old 24th November 2023, 09:27   #193
Senior - BHPian

I am eagerly awaiting for 10L bare bones Jimny. If Gypsy could be profitable at around 6-7L, why not Jimny at 10L. (AC, Air bags and Stereo added to Gypsy).
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 10:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
I am getting a zeta ( 1lakh discount + 15k accessories). Offers in small towns are probably not that much as stocks are low. My car was shipped from factory 4 days back.
Hope for a long and memorable ownership.
Congrats on the new ride. Once can never know how things swing, so once decision made, enjoy the positive of the outcome.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 13:38   #195
BHPian

I agree with the Jimny being overpriced by 2L. They have already recovered the development cost. The engine and gearbox have been in production since 2018 doing service on various platforms.

2018–Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid (India)
2018–Suzuki Ertiga
2018–present Suzuki Jimny Sierra
2019–Suzuki XL6/XL7
2020–2022 Suzuki S-Cross Hybrid (India)
2020–2022 Suzuki Vitara Brezza/Toyota Urban Cruiser (India)
2021–Toyota Belta (Middle East)
2022–Suzuki Baleno (Global)
2023– Suzuki Grand Vitara (Africa, FWD only)
*As per Wikipedia*

I assume there isn't significant investment in chassis development since its a body on frame design. The design itself is bare minimum, the plastics cheap.

Its fun to drive/cute/desirable abroad cannot be the only factor to price it such.

They are now providing the discount on the on-road price. But if they had reduced the ex-showroom price, the RTO charges would have reduced accordingly. But I guess, they cant apply the reduced Ex-showroom price on the vehicles already on the dealers lot.
anilupadhya is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks