Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2024, 16:16   #256
BANNED

Re: Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh

Instead if fully replacing the 1.2 dualjet to this new 3cyl they should have offered the 1.2 dualjet with certain trims for people who don't want the 3cyl the dualjet would have been a great choice
Thedgarage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 17:07   #257
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: First impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Thanks for checking out the car in person and posting it here. For me at least the gripe is the lack of outright power output from the engine. Sure, the 82 bhp is sufficient for the city driving, but the lack of outright power will be evident when you take the car out of its comfort zone. I say so because I have the underpowered Altroz 1.2NA petrol which has approximately similar power and torque figures.

I have said this in a prior post - looks will not matter in this car once you get in the drivers seat. What matters is the fact that you mash the accelerator and the engine response will be quite lethargic.
Our Altroz weighs ~ 1.2T in weight where as Swift/Baleno/Ignis are in the range of 800-900Kgs plus or minus few more Grams and not even KGs.

And Taxi Market would be happy to get this new darling. Swift and Wagon R are best sellers of Taxi.
Altrozed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 18:27   #258
BHPian

Re: Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh

Any possibility to get rid of the huge bezels around the head unit? Can the zxi+ head unit be fitted in the vxi model?
I like the VXI variant of the car and this is surely on the top of my list to replace my 14 year old A-star(somehow they look the same )

Last edited by saion666 : 13th May 2024 at 18:43.
Old 13th May 2024, 21:09   #259
BHPian

On a lighter note, the new Swift seems to be the reincarnation of A star, the bodyline is so reminiscent of the A-star.

The Head unit with thick bezel looks like the 1980’s Texla tv with shutter.

Maruti needs to up the game in terms of design, or else Tata will give them a run for their money in this category as well.
kapilsharma80 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 22:13   #260
BHPian

The Swift will sell in good numbers, despite what the reviews say here. The product has aspirational value for many, something like the Splendor, Pulsar, Safari, or even the Thar.

The Maruti Suzuki Swift may lack outright punch, but anyone upgrading from the humble Alto or a two-wheeler will find enough power on tap in the Swift. A 2 bhp loss of power will not make any difference to such aspirational buyers.

Maruti cannot feature-load the Swift for the reason that they have a premium hatchback, called the Baleno, in the arsenal, and Swift encroaching into its territory.

A more powerful engine is unlikely, as the Baleno RS had limited takers.

The same goes for the AMT. The added cost of CVT or DCT will make the Swift unaffordable to many.

A turbo engine with a proper automatic transmission will make the Swift breach the Ten lac barrier and will be a mental block to many.
Old 13th May 2024, 23:36   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

These nomenclatures viz.Thrill Chaser and Racing Roadster are enough to get the adrenaline into the racing mode for morons and some youngsters. And those customised accessories pep up the adrenaline. With this new car, some categories of drivers will surely feel that they are behind the wheel of a sports car.

Till there it's OK. There is freshness added to the two decade old offering. But what about those NCAP (India specific) score the car comes with, to masquerade as a sports car ?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th May 2024 at 23:37.
Old 14th May 2024, 05:31   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post

Maruti cannot feature-load the Swift for the reason that they have a premium hatchback, called the Baleno, in the arsenal, and Swift encroaching into its territory.
I can't think of a single major feature that is present in the Baleno and not in the 2024 Swift. The only USP of the Baleno is its larger boot space , making it a more complete " 1 family 1 car" option. Swift still retains the character of an individual commuter.car to some extent.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 07:06   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I can't think of a single major feature that is present in the Baleno and not in the 2024 Swift.
360 degree camera and HUD seems to be the missing from the new Swift but available in Baleno.
bravo82in is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 08:38   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
360 degree camera and HUD seems to be the missing from the new Swift but available in Baleno.
With respect to 360 camera- nothing that 90% drivers cannot live with, considering the size of the car. HUD is a complete gimmick.
In my view, 6 airbags across variants is an important factor, GNCAP notwithstanding. I find it a little funny that the more premium Nexa models do not offer this as a standard feature yet. Maruti was under no particular compulsion to do this for the Swift, so props to them.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 10:27   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I can't think of a single major feature that is present in the Baleno and not in the 2024 Swift. The only USP of the Baleno is its larger boot space , making it a more complete " 1 family 1 car" option. Swift still retains the character of an individual commuter.car to some extent.
And the Baleno's rear seat space. I found it a lot more Swift's cramped rear seats. Baleno is the car to go for if you often travel with more than 2 people. Swift has the character and is best if you don't often have rear passengers.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 11:24   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

New Swift delivery begins:

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-screenshot-20240514-112109.png

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 11:48   #267
Senior - BHPian

Any news as to when the crash test ratings will be announced by maruti (if at all)?
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 12:15   #268
BANNED

Not even the reviews for the Swift have come and they've started delivering it ?

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th May 2024 at 12:31.
Thedgarage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 12:36   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Any possibility to get rid of the huge bezels around the head unit? Can the zxi+ head unit be fitted in the vxi model?
I like the VXI variant of the car and this is surely on the top of my list to replace my 14 year old A-star(somehow they look the same )
Should be possible to get it installed from the showroom. You have to strike a deal with them and get a good price for the head unit that comes with the vxi.
Old 14th May 2024, 14:18   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
On a lighter note, the new Swift seems to be the reincarnation of A star, the bodyline is so reminiscent of the A-star.
Oh yes. I wanted to put this out as well. The car reminds me of a refreshed A-Star.

And there are many people divided over the lack of power and the difference of what 5 or 7 hp?

Let me tell you, this car is mated for city usage. The current power is more than enough to close gaps. Its not like anyone wants to do 100kmph in the city (barring the adrenaline junkies who paint the headlights and taillamps black and cutting the silencer wire and whatnot).

For reference, my daily driver with a K10 engine does the job well.

I think a lot of you are forgetting about the Power to Weight Ratio. This car is not super heavy. The torque is going to be plenty enough to just zip and close.

If your main intention is highway rides, a sane decision would be to steer away from this.

By the looks of it, it seems that this car is for those office goers who live ~10kms from their office and want a small secondary car (or primary), that gives enough mileage and also has enough juice for a thrilling drive. I tell you, there is nothing more thrilling than driving an underpowered, overtorqued, underweight car in the traffic.

And yes, this is from a 20 year old, so that the other 20 year olds here dont think that this is coming from a senior person or a mature human being
shresan23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks