Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2024, 22:59   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon Advocate files case against Govt officials for banning 10-15 year old cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
There you go, the entire conversation:

Attachment 2619932

Attachment 2619933
Since your post before his rude one is edited, I will have to take your word for it but yes he does come off as rude in his response. Thanks for posting the whole conversation.
Old 23rd June 2024, 23:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Since your post before his rude one is edited.
Let me see if I can get a pre-edited reply because now I must get it to you without fail

Will send an email to linkedin support for the same

Thanks

Edit: His reply is edited too, but I am one to be judged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
But, I believe we have to be a little empathetic. I guess the lawyer is at least reasonably aged, and seems to be under a lot of stress.
Don't get me wrong, but if I was fighting a semi-/government body, maybe I'd also lose my composure even on a personal level, like with wife or children, this here is just an online guy.
Well, your point is absolutely fair but everyone has something or the other going through their lives.

If he was really miffed at my "super stupid" question, he could have just ignored my comment but he decided to snap at me.
Anyway, there's always two sides to a coin. I respected his but he did not respect mine.

I suppose unfollowing him won't make a difference (already did). NGT cannot be stopped and we must live with the burden.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th June 2024 at 07:11. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 24th June 2024, 00:01   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon Advocate files case against Govt officials for banning 10-15 year old cars

Quote:
Let me see if I can get a pre-edited reply because now I must get it to you without fail

Will send an email to linkedin support for the same

Thanks

Don't care about this whole deal as such but it's up to you. Even your initial post called him a "prick" on a forum where he can't defend himself.

Also, i already judged his post to be rude. Why would I care if he edited it?

Finally, I am not judging you either (again sorry but i don't really care about this..just have free time on my hands; weekend and all).
Old 24th June 2024, 00:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Finally, I am not judging you either.
Okay sir

Name:  IMG_7538.gif
Views: 196
Size:  779.4 KB

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 24th June 2024 at 00:24.
vredesbyrd is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 09:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
If he was really miffed at my "super stupid" question, he could have just ignored my comment but he decided to snap at me.
Ok, so he replied this directly to you? I'm sorry, I couldn't connect your ID to the name given on LinkedIn screenshot.
I actually thought it was someone else who was talking to the advocate.

Well, in that case, you have every right to object, and yet you responded politely.

Quote:
Fair enough. I'll trust.
Samarth 619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 10:00   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Advocate Mukesh Kulthia has filed a case in the Gurgaon court against government officials for banning 10 to 15-year-old cars.
Good, even Supreme court cannot make new law only Parliament can. Even if SC gave such order it's illegal, number of petitions from eminent lawyers should make these kinds of illegal orders go away.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th June 2024 at 10:35. Reason: Typos
Old 16th July 2024, 14:40   #82
BHPian

That's what happens when nincompoops rule and run the country. The advocate is absolutely right in fighting for his rights and I fully support him, however, in this so called democracy the rules and policies are being made in such a way that they reflect dictatorship clearly but still completely legal because the whole system has been taken on board to make things official. In the end, it will be the innocent tax payers paying through their nose to run this country while the law makers and the officials involved in this business keep having their way while also favoring the local automakers in the process.

India is a democracy on 'paper' and still a person gets penalized for filing a petition against a flawed/unscientific policy. How does that work in a democracy? I thought citizens of democracy had a liberty to challenge something that takes away their hard earned assets for no justifiable/scientific reason. And yet no one bans the industries/factories burning fossil fuels or the age old process of burning by farmers that actually contribute to the whole pollution scenario in the country.

Same thing for HSRP. How can a citizen be forced to get his car/prized possession 'drilled' and damaged against his will? No other country does that. Who's gonna pay for the rust and damage to the bumper/trunk in the process? Will the government pay? Still the same has been enforced and is being followed with no one questioning. And funnily, it's way easier to drill and remove an HSRP over unscrewing a regular plate that takes longer if someone had to steal a car. So much for 'High Security'. More like, "Oh let's make this rule and extort some more money out of Tax payers!"

Last edited by The Rainmaker : 16th July 2024 at 14:45.
The Rainmaker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 21:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Update

Advocate Mukesh Kulthia posted this on one of the Gurgaon's Facebook pages few minutes ago.

"Meet the first car in Delhi NCR (second one is under pipeline) which obtained the approval in the decade following 2015 for renewing its registration certificate and to be used on roads throughout India including Delhi NCR after completing 15 years of life.

This approval will be particularly beneficial for lower middle-class individuals who were unable indeed to resist/contest the illegal ban on their vehicles. These people often lack access to social media and are real victims of this illegal ban because they are dependent on their 15-years-old two-wheelers of 5k-10k, and cars of 25k-50k, to somehow earn their livelihood.

#carbandiscam"
Attached Thumbnails
Gurgaon Advocate files case against Govt officials for banning 10-15 year old cars-screenshot-4859.png  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 22nd July 2024 at 21:34.
mukeshgoel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 01:27   #84
Senior - BHPian

If this is real then it is quite the move forward!
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks