Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 10:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia Carens sales cross the 1 lakh unit milestone

Kia India has achieved a new sales milestone as sales of the Carens surpassed the 1 lakh unit mark.

Kia Carens sales cross the 1 lakh unit milestone-kia_carens-front.png

The Kia Carens was introduced in the country in February last year. It is available in six variants, including the recently launched X-Line trim.

The Kia Carens is available with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 113 BHP and 144 Nm, which is paired with a 6-speed manual and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm and is offered with a choice of a 6-speed iMT and 6-speed automatic.

In 2023, Kia added the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine to the Carens line-up. It makes 158 BHP and 253 Nm and is paired with either a 6-speed iMT or a 7-speed DCT.

Earlier this month, Kia rolled out the Carens X-Line at a starting price of Rs 18.95 lakh (ex-showroom). It features a Matte Graphite exterior and is available with a choice of 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 11:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens sales cross the 1 lakh unit milestone

No Surprise. It is one of the best MUV currently in India doing most things good at a very competitive price point

Good ground clearance
A very spacious 7 seater
Good safety features (not talking about crash tests !)
Overall nice features, Sunroof, Air Purifiers, Good Sound system, Cruise Control
Fit & Finish
Engine and Transmission options and above all.. very easy to drive in city and comfortable on long drives

I recently bought the 1.5T 7DCT Luxury (O) variant along with an additional payment of 44K for the My Convenience Plus Luxury which covers 5 years Warranty, 5 Years RSA and 5 Years General Maintenance

Swami
swami69 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 13:30   #3
BHPian

All good interms of what value for money Carens provides, been planning for carens but the non-availability of sunroof for 7 seater Diesel AT in luxury plus variant is making me think twice. Petrol variant gets it for both 7 seater and 6 seater, Diesel iMT gets sunroof for both 6 & 7 seater and their decision to not offer 7 seater in X-line again baffles(not surprised though).
Apart from this, Carens is most VFM model in this MPV segment, has most of the bells and whistles to entice buyers.
Wakeupsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 17:50   #4
BHPian

Kia had certainly done its homework with the Carens launching a product to slot right in between the Ertiga and the Innova, it gets all the basics right for an MPV with enough space, features, multiple seating layouts, petrol and diesel engine options with Manual, iMT, DCT and TC AT. You get a car that can comfortably seat 6 or 7 and that too without compromising on features. The fact that it sold over 1 lakh units in 20 months is a testament to its success.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 18:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
All good interms of what value for money Carens provides, been planning for carens but the non-availability of sunroof for 7 seater Diesel AT in luxury plus variant is making me think twice.
I have D AT with sunroof. I don't remember when it was opened the last time. Since its not panoramic, I am not sure how much of the 'view' it gives.

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2023 at 08:22. Reason: typo
ImranHyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 08:29   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In a sea of competent crossovers, SUVs & sedans in the 15 - 25 lakh segment, the Kia Carens is a rare MPV that I would also buy, if family usage was the priority. Great looks, excellent range of engines & gearboxes, brilliantly packaged interiors & comfortable ride quality. MPVs are usually boring (e.g. XL6), the Carens is anything but. Importantly, it's a superior 3-row car to the more expensive Hyundai Alcazar!!

Well-deserved success .

Kia's product assault is just spectacular = one competent product after another, be it the Sonet, Carens, Carnival, EV6....I really love what they've done with the Seltos Facelift too.

Just hope Kia now follows Hyundai India in their new focus on safety.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 16:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In a sea of competent crossovers, SUVs & sedans in the 15 - 25 lakh segment, the Kia Carens is a rare MPV that I would also buy, if family usage was the priority. Great looks, excellent range of engines & gearboxes, brilliantly packaged interiors & comfortable ride quality. MPVs are usually boring (e.g. XL6), the Carens is anything but. Importantly, it's a superior 3-row car to the more expensive Hyundai Alcazar!!
Agree every bit. Last year while searching for a replacement of our 10 year old Ertiga, we checked out almost all 7 seaters in 15-25 lakh range. And Carens was the most practical, spacious (seating + boot space) and comfortable option, that too cheaper by few lakhs than other options.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 17:15   #8
BHPian

I love everything about the Carens except the front looks. Some how, I am still not able to digest the front looks, which also makes Carens looks smaller than it actually is. Would have been great, if they gave the front facia a look similar to that of Seltos.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 11:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
I love everything about the Carens except the front looks. Some how, I am still not able to digest the front looks, which also makes Carens looks smaller than it actually is. Would have been great, if they gave the front facia a look similar to that of Seltos.
And that would kill the Seltos! Carens has everything except the muscularity of Seltos. It would skyrocket the Carens sales, but at the cost of cannibalizing Seltos, which would be a mistake IMO.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 15:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
I have D AT with sunroof. I don't remember when it was opened the last time. Since its not panoramic, I am not sure how much of the 'view' it gives.
I get your point, but it is more of a good-to-have option. I absolutely agree in terms of its functionality since it's a very small one in Carens, albeit it's good to have when kids are around. The whole point is I need 7 seater and a diesel AT which is non-negotiable for me, just sunroof not being on offer for a 7 seater is what holding me up.

Strange decision by Kia on this.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2023 at 22:09. Reason: Grammar
Old 18th October 2023, 00:45   #11
BHPian

I drive a Carens Luxury Plus D AT, got it among the first lot of cars after launch and so far in 1.5 years have crossed 30K KMs and I am very very happy with this purchase and so is the family.

Apart from the fit/finish, gizmos it comes with the 3rd row is the best I have experienced in any 7 seater. I have sat in the 3rd row of Innova, XUV700, Safari, hector and Ertiga and nothing comes close to Carens. The AC is also superb.

The 1.5L diesel engine is smooth and pulls effortlessly with full load. I have got a max milage of around 21kmpl on solo trip to pondi recently driving around 100 kmph. with full load, it has never given me less than 17 kmpl on highway runs!

Overall it's been a very pleasurable experience with this car and the family loves it. In fact there is competation to sit in the 3rd row (with only 2 in that row it's very comfortable). With the 2nd row adjustable for both back support and leg room, you can easily make good leg room for 3rd row passengers.

Kia service has been exceptional to add icing on the cake
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 18:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
The 1.5L diesel engine is smooth and pulls effortlessly with full load. I have got a max milage of around 21kmpl on solo trip to pondi recently driving around 100 kmph. with full load, it has never given me less than 17 kmpl on highway runs!
I never got more than 16kmpl of mileage. That too only once. Rarely I cross 14kmpl. My city+highway mileage hovers around 13kmpl. For past few months, I started using Jio diesel which I find very good. The engine is smoother but this too didn't increase the mileage.

Would be grateful to get some tips.
Old 19th October 2023, 19:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Would be grateful to get some tips
I usually maintain a speed of 100 -110 max, hardly push it beyond that on highway with no sudden accelerations and I see decent mileage.

In City, yes I don't see much mileage. If I get 12 km/l, I am happy. I use AC all the time.

I have been using Indianoil Xtragreen regularly and I like the way engine responds and performs. This time have tried Nayara Diesel, the engine sound seems similar to xtragreen, but pickup is reduced a bit. Mileage probably will be less by 1 - 2 Km I suppose.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2023 at 22:06. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks