Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo now gets powered front seats

The Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo was launched in May last year as the top-of-the-line variant of the midsize SUV. The carmaker has added two new features to the car.

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo now gets powered front seats-default_bp1200_1.jpg

The Kushaq Monte Carlo now comes with powered front seats and an illuminated footwell area. Other features include a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a digital instrument cluster, a sunroof and ventilated front seats. The Monte Carlo variant also gets red interior trim and dual-tone seat upholstery.

On the outside, the Kushaq Monte Carlo gets a blacked-out front grille, black roof rails and window trim, black ORVMs and dual-tone alloy wheels.

Customers get a choice of a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine producing 114 BHP and 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd October 2023 at 10:39.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo now gets powered front seats

The new feature additions are fantastic. But I wish it trickles down to the top-end style variant. That is the variant of choice for most consumers of the VAG 2.0 cars. The Monte Carlo on the other hand is a polarizing colour option with red contrast interiors which might not be to everyone's taste.
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:23   #3

Not sure about this, but I read that these new feature additions are done to the Style Variants as well, for both the Kushaq and Slavia.

Kushaq Style also gets the 10 inch screen with the Subwoofer for the festive season. Members, please correct me if I am wrong here.
sids2705 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

A good addition. Hopefully more features from the CBU Karoq make their way into the locally assembled Kushaq.
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
But I wish it trickles down to the top-end style variant. That is the variant of choice for most consumers of the VAG 2.0 cars.
It is available on both Style and Monte Carlo. The passenger seats are also powered now.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:19   #6
BHPian

Will existing owners be able to retrofit these features?
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:34   #7
BHPian

https://www.cartoq.com/skoda-india-r...-launched/amp/

The Slavia has also been updated. The Style as well as Monte Carlo gets these new features. Both front seats are powered. This is a first in segment feature. Still they are lot behind Hyundai and Kia in terms of the equipment levels.
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids2705 View Post
Not sure about this, but I read that these new feature additions are done to the Style Variants as well, for both the Kushaq and Slavia.

Kushaq Style also gets the 10 inch screen with the Subwoofer for the festive season. Members, please correct me if I am wrong here.
You are right. The details are there in the other thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...s-revised.html (Skoda unveils Slavia Matte edition and upgrades top variants of Slavia & Kushaq | Prices revised)

Some downward price revision on entry level variants too.

I guess all the threads that talks about the updates to Kushaq and Slavia can be merged into single thread.
Old 8th October 2023, 11:04   #9
BHPian

I'd rather they add the full digital cockpit to the instrument console instead of the current immensely annoying stipped down version with dummy areas on both sides of the display. The new Nexon's (and now the Harrier/Safari facelift) can sport it.. why cant VAG add it to our market.

In fact from a driver's perspective - It's the worst thing in terms of customer experience - It constantly reminds you that you're being shortchanged and not been given the full featured digital consoles that are almost standard on VAG cars abroad.

At least in the top end trims like the Monte Carlo - they should have chosen better.

If you wanna cut costs, don't do it with an in your face style manner with a VFM part that is a constant interaction touchpoint for your target customer!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks