Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2023, 20:38   #16
BHPian

re: Transferring an NCR-registered Volvo XC60 diesel to another state. EDIT: Sold to used car dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
For Delhi, it's 100% applicable, i.e No NOC after 10 Years..
This used to be the case a couple of years back. However, now you can easily get a NOC in Delhi even after 10 years. I have sold my VW Passat and Jetta last year and one was 10.5 years old and the other was 13 years old and both NOCs were issued quite easily. Please review the news below:

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...923606218.html
Lobogris is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:09   #17
BHPian

re: Transferring an NCR-registered Volvo XC60 diesel to another state. EDIT: Sold to used car dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
FMy concern is does the Haryana RTO make registrations void on diesel cars over 10-years old and go looking for them? Is there an RTO problem if I just let the car run in my name in Chhattisgarh for several years with the current Haryana registration?
I am in a similar boat. My 10 years old diesel Honda Amaze completed its 10 years on 9th September. The car is in immaculate condition, currently running in Patna. However, I have received an sms from Haryana govt. that it will be compulsorily deregistered.

So you can't run 10 years old diesel vehicle even in another state as your registration will be compulsorily deregistered. I however will continue to use till the govt. officially deregister the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Transferring an NCR-registered Volvo XC60 diesel to another state. EDIT: Sold to used car dealer!-whatsapp-image-20231003-11.54.48-am.jpeg  

AnkitAnimesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:18   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post

So you can't run 10 years old diesel vehicle even in another state as your registration will be compulsorily deregistered. I however will continue to use till the govt. officially deregister the car.
Please check on Parivahan portal. The deristration is automated, as far as I know, so it may already be done.
Moreover, the risk with using such a vehicle even if you supposedly valid insurance, implies that in case of an accident (god forbid) the insurer WILL decline your claim. A third party claim for death/injury has high repercussions.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
My 10 years old diesel Honda Amaze completed its 10 years on 9th September. However, I have received an sms from Haryana govt. that it will be compulsorily deregistered.
Your best option is to get an NOC from Gurugram and reregister it in Patna.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 15:50   #20
BHPian

I think most of the people have put the salient points.

Home state WILL impose additional tax for RC renewal on pro-rata basis.

Given that and considering maintenance costs for a Volvo are certainly not trivial, not sure if it's the best for an NGO to have it.

Under no circumstances running it in another state with NCR registration and in your name should be considered. It's way too risky. Once RC expires, it can't be insured, amongst other factors.
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 16:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

If source RTO and destination RTO are in the same State:
Relatively easier.
Usually, some process called a Clearance Certificate will be there. Apply at source stating it has been sold to XYZ NGO and comes under ABC RTO limits. Go to ABC RTO, and provide them the NGO details and any papers of identity they ask of the NGO. They will transfer and give in the name of the NGO.

If the destination RTO is in a different State:
Relatively complex.
Obtain a NoC in source RTO. You will be required to furnish details like which state, which RTO, name of NGO, any proofs of that NGO, etc. Some States like Kerala also ask for a NoC from the local Police Department stating vehicle was not involved in any earlier reported crimes to the best of their knowledge.

Once obtained, visit the destination RTO with all originals + NoC. They calculate a prorated tax to be paid to register in their state(original purchase invoice will be necessary to ascertain prorated tax), fees for a new registration number, etc and after an inspection and verification of the physical chassis number, it will get transferred to the NGO name with a new registration number

Needless to say, throughout the process, you need to have handy: Valid insurance, valid PUC, your proof of identity, and NGO proof of identity. All this to be done while vehicle registration is still active. Some states may ask for a no-objection certificate from the National Crime Bureau or something to ensure no criminal cases on the vehicle.

Last edited by funkykar : 6th October 2023 at 16:03.
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
My plan is to shift it to Raipur as a gift to an NGO operating there that I am very closely associated with and the NGO can then use it for its own activities till the end of life of the car.
While I understand the intent; would like to politely (but strongly) discourage going this route. A Volvo is a 60+ lakh car and would be equally cumbersome and relatively expensive for an NGO to maintain in Raipur. Even if you are willingly to cover the maintenance expense, please note at an NGO, it can be used for multiple purposes, drivers, terrains, loads. Its difficult to maintain the way you did or intend to.

No matter how best you have maintained, its a near 10 year old car and you wouldn't want to spend energy in maintaining it from your residence in another state. Rather during your Vanprasth jobless life ; truly spend your valuable time for betterment of society / NGO than spending time on a maintaining a car even if it is dear to you.

Would suggest to sell it to a right buyer, trusted friend, bhpian (or even a reputed dealer for simple transfer of risk with minimal paper/process hassles for you with required delivery note). Take the money and buy another vehicle (desi) for the NGO.
dipen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 19:07   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Even if you are willingly to cover the maintenance expense, please note at an NGO, it can be used for multiple purposes, drivers, terrains, loads. Its difficult to maintain the way you did or intend to.

Rather during your Vanprasth jobless life ; truly spend your valuable time for betterment of society / NGO than spending time on a maintaining a car even if it is dear to you..
From the small glimpses I have had about Narayan sir, he has been doing socail service for many years now and would continue to do so

But a very valid point from you that there will be not be much control on how the car will be handled - definitely not as good as Narayan sir has done in the past 9 years. Inconsistent handling is the first step towards deterioration of a car's condition.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 10:57   #24
BHPian

Need BHPians help on this -

I have a March 2012 Fiat Punto MJD (Diesel), registered at Noida (UP16). I moved out of Noida in 2017, and I am now in Bangalore.

This thread made me realize that I am actually in a dangerous situation as the Insurance might not be honored and cops will bother even if I not in NCR. I intend to keep the car for 2 more years atleast as it's maintained well and doesn't have any issues.

My car is in 12th year now, and I see that my RC is in 'Blocked' state in Vaahan portal.

Can you suggest how to get the NOC issued now? As I am in Bangalore, looking for a reliable agent who can do the job.

Couple of more complications -

1) I lost the original RC. The details in Digilocker and Vaahan are correct though.
2) I had closed the loan, but didn't get the hypothecation removed in RC.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
Hulk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

I have a March 2012 Fiat Punto MJD (Diesel), registered at Noida (UP16). I moved out of Noida in 2017, and I am now in Bangalore.

This thread made me realize that I am actually in a dangerous situation as the Insurance might not be honored and cops will bother even if I not in NCR. I intend to keep the car for 2 more years atleast as it's maintained well and doesn't have any issues.

My car is in 12th year now, and I see that my RC is in 'Blocked' state in Vaahan portal.

Can you suggest how to get the NOC issued now? As I am in Bangalore, looking for a reliable agent who can do the job.

1) I lost the original RC. The details in Digilocker and Vaahan are correct though.

Nothing can be done - Once its blocked , its effectively Deregistered , cant be driven anywhere , no insurance is valid

NOC will not be issued
wbd8779 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If registration stands canceled due to the NCR rule, I guess you are done with the car. You should have obtained a NoC before its expiry. If registration is not valid, insurance remains void, though they may still take money and renew. If you have relocated to Bangalore, you should have done this when you moved here itself. Get NoC, reregister the car in Karnataka by paying the prorated tax, etc.

In case of any accident, irrespective of whose mistake it was at the incident, you may be deemed liable as guilty as you are driving a vehicle without valid registration. Get a second opinion if RTO can still give you NoC past 10 years and I recommend you stop using the car until the matter is sorted. Getting a duplicate RC, and canceling hypothecation is easy, however, futile if the RC is expired and if they say they won't issue NoC. Furthermore, lost RC requires owner presence in RTO to prove identity, FIR, etc.
funkykar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 15:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Nothing can be done - Once its blocked , its effectively Deregistered , cant be driven anywhere , no insurance is valid

NOC will not be issued
I read that Delhi RTO is now issuing NOCs for diesel cars >10 year old. Members have reported the same on this thread.

Link to the article: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...923606218.html

What I don't understand is whether Noida RTO would also follow the same directions or not. Do you have any information or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
If you have relocated to Bangalore, you should have done this when you moved here itself.

Getting a duplicate RC, and canceling hypothecation is easy, however, futile if the RC is expired and if they say they won't issue NoC. Furthermore, lost RC requires owner presence in RTO to prove identity, FIR, etc.
I agree, I made a mistake by not getting the NOC then. If the existing guidelines allow the process to be sorted, I can travel and get it sorted. Otherwise I am looking at a HUGE unplanned expense, not to mention the memories associated with this vehicle
Hulk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 15:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I have sold my VW Passat and Jetta last year and one was 10.5 years old and the other was 13 years old and both NOCs were issued quite easily. [/url]

Hi Lobogris, did you use the services of an agent? If so, could you please share the details here or over DM?

I am in a similar situation, but my RTO is Noida and not Delhi.
Hulk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 18:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read that Delhi RTO is now issuing NOCs for diesel cars >10 year old. Members have reported the same on this thread.

Link to the article: https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...923606218.html

What I don't understand is whether Noida RTO would also follow the same directions or not. Do you have any information or suggestions?
Do update us if you eventually manage to get the NoC. You anyway are in for a huge expensive relative to the age of the car and its dismal resale value. If you manage to get through the process, you will be left with a good car in hand that legally fit on the road.

If they still give NoC for 10+ years car -
Your expenses, assuming corrupt RTO/A across India, using agents:
NoC - 3-5k
Duplicate RC - 4-6k
Hypothecation cancellation - 2-4k
Expenses to visit Delhi - 0 if you are a frequent visitor. Else say 10k
Once NoC is obtained, below for reregistration:
Prorated road tax: Assuming around 30-35k
New number and reregistration: 12-15k
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 08:05   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

My gratitude to each member above. Each of you have written out your advice painstakingly and sincerely. I am heartbroken that I cannot transfer this simply and easily to Raipur and give this wonderful car a fresh lease under my extended patronage. Turbanator advised me that registration fees in Chhattisgarh would be around Rs 7 lakhs! That is a steep figure even for a wayward chap like me. So, with a heavy heart and given that the C40 Volvo is due to arrive later this month I have sold the Volvo XC60 Brown Mare to my trusted secondhand car dealer, one Motorman. He comes today to take her away. Pity these premium cars after 8 to 9 years go for a song. The song bit I can swallow but loosing this marvelous gem of a car which I maintained lovingly is agonizing.
V.Narayan is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed