Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2024, 10:30   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Went to the showroom yesterday and had a short ride at 6-seater Alcazar sitting in the 2nd row. I was disappointed with the experience. The 2nd row seat was very hard, lacked proper cushion and little short in width. In my personal opinion, it is not going to be comfortable either in short or long drives. The 1st row was better. Also sat inside 7-seater and felt the same experience in 2nd row.

I went by around 3pm and the car was standing outside all through the day. The AC was not effective at all. The SA took us for a short ride and even with 2nd row ventilated seats switched on, never felt the cooling in 2nd row. The maximum temperature outside was 35 degrees. In the instrument cluster, the temperature was showing as 43 degrees. The car continued to show the same temperature even after several minutes of AC switched on (set at Lo).

The 3rd row is not usable, just like the previous version of Alcazar. Even if you are not using it and decide to fold for luggage, then you cannot slide the 2nd row fully if you want to recline. And if you want to recline then you need to slide the 2nd row forward. Safari's AC experience was far, far better than this.

While I am not looking at buying a car now, but in case if I am, Alcazar will not be in my short list.
gopalnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 01:13   #242
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion2explore View Post
In continuation to previous post on booking made yesterday. Below are my observations post test drive today. Spent good 1 Hr driving the Top end Signature 1.5T DCT.
Bad:
1. Suspension bit on stiffer side. Not very plush ride. You can easily feel bumps and potholes at low speed.
I also test drove top end DCT variant today, and found the ride hard and not so plush for the first 25 minutes. One pass over a pothole made me look for the TPMS settings, and I saw tyre pressure varying from 48-42. The car had only 300 km on the Odo and I suspect that as new cars shipped from the plant come with extra PSI as a standard practice, no one actually bothered to decrease it in the TD vehicle of the showroom. Reduced the pressure and ride was smoother, tyre noise was less and the whole behaviour changed.

Checkout the car once more to rule this out, just my 2 cents.
Faramir is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 13:38   #243
BHPian

@utkarshgoel - did you take a test drive? As you have already booked the vehicle, your view point could be different. Till now we have been learning on the negatives (glass is half empty kind of PoV). Your PoV may be that the glass is hall full. So wanted to know.
Old 16th September 2024, 14:03   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupizire View Post
@utkarshgoel - did you take a test drive? As you have already booked the vehicle, your view point could be different. Till now we have been learning on the negatives (glass is half empty kind of PoV). Your PoV may be that the glass is hall full. So wanted to know.
No buddy wasnt able to get the test drive vehicle in my city yet. I just checked out the the DCt variant in the showroom and found the quality satisfactory (as creta). For me its just 1.5 lk above creta to get functionalilty of occasional 7 seats and a slighly above segment.

Mod Note: Our 2024 Hyundai Alcazar Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2024 at 09:23. Reason: Link to review added
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks