Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2024, 12:03   #226
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post
picked up an Alcazar Adventure Signature option diesel edition in Ranger Khakhi. At 21 lakh, a top end diesel automatic Alcazar with a panoramic sunroof.
Wov.. is it on road price in bangalore? 6 lakhs savings compared to the facelift model is worth it. Congratulations.

Secondly, I think a touch screen infotainment system is necessary for having ADAS features. Hence it's becoming the trend of the day.
Old 12th September 2024, 12:21   #227
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupizire View Post
Wov.. is it on road price in bangalore? 6 lakhs savings compared to the facelift model is worth it. Congratulations.

Secondly, I think a touch screen infotainment system is necessary for having ADAS features. Hence it's becoming the trend of the day.
No, that's on road Uttarakhand price as we have a farm home there, so this car will be more there than in Bangalore. My parents often go on cross country 'adventures' as a couple, especially up the Himalayas, and are thrilled the purchased variant is even called Adventure, with all black maintainable interiors and some extra cladding all around to ward off scrapes or scratches.

Secondly, there IS a touch screen on the Alcazar, probably the biggest of all our 5 current cars, though in my opinion ADAS is of debatable worth in Indian conditions, especially congested rural B roads of the north where this car will mostly soclialize. I come from a generation which prefers hanging out at ADDA'S than with ADAS, tho I see many my age signing onto the safety paranoia...

Finally, the quantum of saving is missing my other points of the post �� - we would have bought the older gen Alcazar over the current gen, had the pricing been equal, since money was not a priority of consideration, but it's a virtue I see others may appreciate, thus mentioned.

Last edited by AnAntinspired : 12th September 2024 at 12:31. Reason: Added a point
AnAntinspired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 23:49   #228

I was looking for 7S for a while now since my Swift turned 11 this Jan and now showing signs of aging in ride comfort. Though we are a small family of 3(having 2 YO daughter), but need space for family members to sit together whenever visit my hometown Lucknow. Was looking for balance between comfort and mileage.
7 seater cars considered(Only Petrol as living in NCR) between 20-30L budget:
1. XUV700: Overall good car. Ruled out due to lower fuel economy as need to travel to my office in Noida twice a week. Petrol would be very heavy on pocket.
2. Tata Safari- Good car, but no petrol available.
3. Kia Carens- Home ministry ruled out due to MPV style(taxi).
4. Hyundai Alcazar- Not as comfortable as XUV700 or Safari, but right balance between comfort and fuel economy. Being facelift, will have all previous model short comings addressed. Note: We had Hyundai Accent in family and that was the first car I drove and spent good 5 years with it. So had overall good experience with Hyundai in past.

Showroom visit experience:
I am living in Sector 60 and the newly opened Triumph Hyundai showroom is just 1 km away. I called showroom on Wednesday afternoon from office. Though the showroom closes at 7 pm, I requested Sales person for 7:30 pm visit same day with family and he acknowledged. To my surprise, when I reached showroom at 7:20 pm, the sales person had already left. After telling one person the whole story, he showed me the 7S model in display. He was clueless and least interested to show me the vehicle. When I asked him to start the car, he mentioned the battery is dead and I can check car like this. Me and wife were highly disappointed and left the showroom immediately. No one called or followed-up with me to my surprise for booking next day. Today, I went to showroom during lunch time and the same person turned up. I ignored previous episode and wanted to have quick demo of vehicle as my meetings were lined up post lunch. To my surprise, this person was not having any knowledge of the features and was clueless. One example, while playing music, he mentioned "Sir isme Bass Tube hai". I literally laughed and corrected him that its not bass tube but Woofer available in boot. There were couple of more funny moments during the demo like this one. I left the showroom in 30 mins after checking all the features , all seating space/comfort, boot space etc. myself.
Not a good experience I expected from showroom visit for a 20L plus car.

Booking experience:
After coming home called Dee Emm Hyundai showroom at Vatika City in evening and got call back from Sales person within 2 mins. He was very polite and explained me key features, pricing, extended warranty etc. As I have already seen the vehicle earlier in person, went ahead with booking. It was pretty quick online and was done in 5 mins.

Expected delivery time:
I wanted the vehicle during Navratri. Earlier Service person gave me date of Oct end. But when I insisted him to recheck for Stary Night color option, he checked with his supervisor and confirmed me that car will be delivered in Navratri(8-12 Oct).

Keeping my fingers crossed for a seamless delivery experience.
Passion2explore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 00:49   #229
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion2explore View Post
After coming home called Dee Emm Hyundai showroom at Vatika City in evening and got call back from Sales person within 2 mins. He was very polite and explained me key features, pricing, extended warranty etc. As I have already seen the vehicle earlier in person, went ahead with booking. It was pretty quick online and was done in 5 mins.
Congratulations on your booking.
Based on my test drive of previous gen, it had lot of hard plastics in brown shade in entire cabin. The hard plastics did not make the interior feel premium. How did interiors feel compared to say XUV700 or Safari?
Which variant and gearbox combo have you booked?
kgt.v8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 01:00   #230

The FL Alcazar gets a much needed upgrade in terms of looks & features, but the pricing seems excessive! The 1.5 Signature Petrol DCT costs the same on-road as the XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT, and there's a negligible chance I'd consider Alcazar over XUV700 at that price.

Sure, it comes with a few more features, better reliability and FE, but that even at a 10% lower price is not enough to tip the scale towards it vs the XUV. I might be biased or wrong; but this pricing, alongside Creta already being an excellent product might make Alcazar a tough sell.
Ti22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 01:01   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Congratulations on your booking.
Based on my test drive of previous gen, it had lot of hard plastics in brown shade in entire cabin. The hard plastics did not make the interior feel premium. How did interiors feel compared to say XUV700 or Safari?
Which variant and gearbox combo have you booked?

Thanks! Its still not having soft touch material on dashboard like others, but the quality of plastic used is little better. It feels more like rubberized and definitely better than normal plastic used in dashboard.
I have booked 1.5T Petrol Signature 7 seater version.
Passion2explore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 07:56   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti22 View Post
The FL Alcazar gets a much needed upgrade in terms of looks & features, but the pricing seems excessive! The 1.5 Signature Petrol DCT costs the same on-road as the XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT, and there's a negligible chance I'd consider Alcazar over XUV700 at that price.

Sure, it comes with a few more features, better reliability and FE, but that even at a 10% lower price is not enough to tip the scale towards it vs the XUV. I might be biased or wrong; but this pricing, alongside Creta already being an excellent product might make Alcazar a tough sell.
There is difference of approx 2.75 lakhs between Xuv 700 AXL Pet At and DCT signature Alcazar. While it might not be enough to look at Alcazar, the issue is that Xuv 700 has very low mileage also the car is more built for long distance travel as opposed to city travel Alcazar. I test drove the Xuv Diesel Auto and felt that at sub 40 speed, it just doesn't feel good because of gear hold. Also one can think like this that for 1.25 lakhs more than creta you get quite more and still get creta.
Old 13th September 2024, 08:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post
... picked up an Alcazar Adventure Signature option diesel edition in Ranger Khakhi.
Congratulations. You got a good deal, in addition to panaromic sunroof and spare tyre that are now missing on diesel editions.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 08:24   #234
BHPian

Being an owner of a Mahindra product, my 2 cents: PLEASE do not compare a Hyundai product with a Mahindra including A.S.S. Mahindra is no way near Hyundai when it comes to delivering a trouble free, polished product + experience. Good luck to first gen product buyers (*cough* *cough* Roxx). You should see my face when a smoke billowed out the engine bay of my just 350 kms driven Thar D AT. But Hyundai can deliver a product a lot more tested and polished than Mahindra PERIOD. They are a global car manufacturer with lots of inherent Quality values in their system.

Recently, I tried the updated Creta, the responsive and meaningful ADAS, smooth engine, quietly shifting AT/DCT, almost nil-sounding interior, smartly performing suspension setup for the potholed ridden Chennai roads, I came out impressed compared to Thar (AVO Suspension, I know this is not a good comparison). My friend purchased the Creta without blinking his eyelid (23 lakhs OTR). He did not want to even consider XUV. On the other hand XUV 7OO is felt too bulky, unrefined interior sound insulation + noisy engine is not a match for even Creta, forget about Alcazar + pathetic Mahindra's A.S.S experience is a big no for me. My friend was the one driving my Thar when the smoke billowed out the Thar's belly, so he was shell shocked at the QC of Indian products.

Mahindra is Mahindra and it is not easy to change that fast. I called Mahindra A.S.S for a slot booking to send my Thar for periodic service. You should listen to these people who attend the calls/booking/S.M. (all I have to talk to, to convince to get a slot during the next week's two days of holidays). It was a pathetic, disrespectful and rude experience and they are not too far away from Tata's. Hyundai's are far better, willing to improve in every interaction, but still long way to go when it comes to professionalism, but far far better trained/equipped than Mahindra. So, if you are keen on reliability, over all ownership/product experience and bit more professional folks to deal with you, Hyundai or Toyota are the only options at the moment. All these counts for me in my next car purchase. The only common factor between Alcazar and XUV is that they priced similar and it stops right there.

Last edited by sgmuser : 13th September 2024 at 08:25. Reason: typo
sgmuser is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 15:18   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Alcazar facelift media drive reviews drops on Sep 18th at 11am.

Few interior pictures

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220782898.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220785130.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220787061.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220789041.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220790991.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220792925.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220795013.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220797101.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220799249.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220801778.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220804511.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-fb_img_1726220807101.jpg

Source : CarandBike

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th September 2024 at 15:41.
Venkatesh is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 18:34   #236
BHPian

Hi Experts - just wondering, and indeed I am just wondering; not wishing for it..

Is it possible to view Microsoft Teams screen on the car's infotainment system? In this car, or any other car? Currently, I connect my mobile to the car's bluetooth. So I will be able to hear the meeting's audio through car's speakers, but I still need to see my mobile screen to view any screen-share. So I was thinking some car also allows us to mirror the mobile screen showing any app.

And also I think the days are not far when we will have apps developed specifically for car's infotainment system. Apps like Netflix, Youtube etc. Anyone wants MS Excel, PPT and Teams as well?
Old 13th September 2024, 18:40   #237

In continuation to previous post on booking made yesterday. Below are my observations post test drive today. Spent good 1 Hr driving the Top end Signature 1.5T DCT.
Bad:
1. Suspension bit on stiffer side. Not very plush ride. You can easily feel bumps and potholes at low speed.
2. Steering is not as pointed as I want for quick maneuver in emergency situation to avoid any small obstacles like rock, small pothole etc . There is initial dead travel while turning left or right.
3. Little suspension thud noise from front suspension while passing rubber speed breakers at above average speed.
4. 8 Bose speakers system is a big let down. I was having high expectation as never heard it earlier in any Kia or Hyundai.
5. NVH is not excellent. You can easily hear engine and tire noise inside the cabin.
6. No hydraulic struts for Bonnet.

Good:
1. Front and Middle row captain seat ergonomics are spot on. 8 way adjustment is a bliss to find right position.
2. Straight line handling is good at higher speed.
3. Body roll is well contained.
4. Features loaded to brim and work flawlessly as expected from Hyundai.
5. Panel gaps are even. Overall fit and finish in both exterior and interior is good.
6. Fuel economy showed was 10.5 kmpl for current trip after 58 mins of test drive(includes 4-5 mins idle stop while SA was explaining features). Hopefully will be able to get 11 in city traffic.
7. Engine is refined and gear shifts were smooth.
Passion2explore is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 19:44   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Experts - just wondering, and indeed I am just wondering; not wishing for it..

Is it possible to view Microsoft Teams screen on the car's infotainment system?
I believe Teams is supported with Apple CarPlay, but it would be a audio call only feature similar to Whatsapp. I don’t think any legal apps provide the video call or screen viewing while on the move as it could be distraction to the driver.
rx100 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 21:24   #239
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Is it possible to view Microsoft Teams screen on the car's infotainment system? In this car, or any other car?
Teams on Apple CarPlay supports voice only call. Screen share will be visible on your phone only. If you are not driving and travelling on rear seat, then you can look for after market rear seat entertainment system or install android tablet.

Quote:
And also I think the days are not far when we will have apps developed specifically for car's infotainment system. Apps like Netflix, Youtube etc.
Some car come with smart infotainment systems, but they play videos when the car is moving. The touch screen of infotainment system is not as user friendly as a tablet. The touch screens in cars lack haptic feedback which makes the experience bad at least for me. Separate screen in front of passenger seat on the dashboard top would be better design. The screen can fold on dashboard top and open similar to HUD (Heads Up Display) on Seltos/Grand Vitara top variant
kgt.v8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2024, 08:36   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion2explore View Post
5. NVH is not excellent. You can easily hear engine and tire noise inside the cabin.
This is quite surprising! The earlier Alcazar had excellent NVH, as evidenced in several tbhp posts :

ref : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5541289 (Hyundai Alcazar Review)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks