Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2024, 13:41   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

The biggest drawback is the very low FE. It’s 8 kmpl in the city and 12 on highway as per ACI. The Alcazar is about 185 kgs heavier than the Creta and that is probably the reason. These figures are for the 1.5 turbo petrol on the earlier variant of the Alcazar and would be the same here.

Hyundai had stated they discontinued the 2.0 engine because if complaints of low FE. The 1.5 turbo doesn’t seem to be much better.

The car does look good and the base variant at 14.99 appears to be very good VFM.

If only the FE was better.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 17:19   #212
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Kia carens, with its fantastic 2nd and 3rd row, has more interior space, than even an Innova Hycross.

No wonder that even Taxi/Fleet operators, and Police/Government are now starting to buy the Carens.
Somehow Hyundai has messed 2nd and 3rd row legroom in Alcazar. 3rd row does not have enough legroom even for kids and feels claustrophobic. When I personally looked at Carens after Alcazar, Carens surprised me also with so much space on offer. It is better than 7 seater SUVs and offers lot of practicality for MPV.

Even I have started to see yellow plate Carens in my city. Carens is one of the few cars which comes with diesel engine and diesel engine has not seen much issues. Cabin space and diesel engine is most likely the combination making taxi operators prefer Carens now

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th September 2024 at 17:22. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 10th September 2024, 17:28   #213
BHPian

I feel to have made the best decision by going ahead with Carens in March 2024, I got top-end DCT for 23L, Alcazar's top-end DCT is close to 27L which is a solid 4 L more than what I got, The differentiating factor in Alcazar is, it now comes with ADAS with 360* camera, Panoramic sunroof, dual AC settings, I can all day live without these features. Moreover, I am not a fan of current Creta looks, I knew Hyundai wouldn't differentiate Alcazar and they didn't disappoint me. Hyundai is getting greedy day by day, why would one not choose XUV 7OO ahead of Alcazar?
Old 10th September 2024, 18:15   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Kia carens, with its fantastic 2nd and 3rd row, has more interior space, than even an Innova Hycross.
The Kia Carens has great space in the 2nd and 3rd row compared to the Alcazar, but definitely not more than an HyCross!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 20:57   #215
BHPian

Somehow the new facelist reminds me of a station wagon from the side. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 10th September 2024, 21:07   #216
BHPian

As per the brochure, New alcazar facelift Diesel Variants misses out on the following features.

1. Diesel variant misses out on panoramic sunroof
2. Diesel variant misses out the spare tyre instead of diesel variants getting the Tyre Mobility Kit(TMK)

Tyre Mobility Kit(TMK):

Name:  Diesel_Tyre_Kit.png
Views: 242
Size:  53.5 KB

Panoramic Sunroof :
Name:  Diesel_Sunroof.png
Views: 258
Size:  38.7 KB

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-sunroof.png

The Base executive variant misses out infotainment system but it gets rear a view camera not sure how it will be possible without the infotainment system.

Base executive variant misses out infotainment system:
Name:  Infotainment System.png
Views: 236
Size:  34.5 KB

Base executive variant gets Rear View Camera:
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-rear-camera.png

Last edited by JacksonStorm : 10th September 2024 at 21:08.
JacksonStorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 21:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
The Base executive variant misses out infotainment system but it gets rear a view camera not sure how it will be possible without the infotainment system.
Just the way Maruti did with initial lot of top model Ciaz.
There was no touchscreen infotainment system, but reverse camera. Due to some android glitch, initial lot of Ciaz Zxi+ owners got the regular button based music system but rear camera and all other features were there.

The screen was neatly integrated in IRVM.
Grr7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 22:12   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
The screen was neatly integrated in IRVM.
Yes. Absolutely right. Even the first generation Elite i20 (SPORTZ(0) and Asta variants) also gets the same feature (rear view camera integrated with IRVM) without an infotainment (touch screen)system.

The information about rear view cameras integrated with IRVM is missing in the brochure.Let's see once the base variant reaches out to the showroom.

In the brochure, the DRVM (Driver Rear View Monitor) feature is not available in the base variant. Since this feature is also integrated into the infotainment system.

Last edited by JacksonStorm : 10th September 2024 at 22:14.
JacksonStorm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 00:03   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
I doubt someone with a net worth upwards of Rs. 7000 crore would consider this for his garage!
Haha true;
On that note, even 1000cr folks don’t look lower than germans for their choice of wheels. So no surprises there

On another note, this is a decent configuration for 15L base variant. Basic kittings like a good infotainment system and leatherette seats with some optional discretionary accessories can very well be fitted outside without risking warranties etc.

It is now, somewhat an alternative in the 15L ex-showroom starter range (Scorpio-N, XUV700 I’m referring to you), along with a powerful alternative to XL6 and a nicer looking 6-seater step sister to Carens. Though, looks are subjective

Last edited by SixPistons : 11th September 2024 at 00:16.
SixPistons is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 13:44   #220
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the Team-BHP review! 2nd and 3rd row leg space are my biggest concern now.
Jupizire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 21:25   #221
BHPian

It is totally wrong comparing Alcazar with Carens.

Agree on much higher space in Carens or even Ertiga, but these look segment lower and build quality is nowhere close to Alcazar.

The new Alcazar looks fresh and modern, while Carens looks plasticky / gimmicky and Ertiga dated in front of it.

Build quality and Looks / Stance and Road presence is leagues ahead in Alcazar.

I am shocked that if you compare feature to feature with Carens, the closest would be Prestige Plus which costs 15.09 lacs, where as Alcazar Executive costs 14.99 making it look way more value for money. The only loophole is touchscreen audio missing in otherwise a fully loaded premium featured base variant.
xway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 07:49   #222
BHPian

I tend to agree. Carens doesn't give that "premium" vibe. Most of the Carens that I have seen have a dent on their body, which appears flimsy like that of a Baleno.
Alcazar definitely is a cut or 2 above Carens, but I think a notch below XUV7OO.
Old 12th September 2024, 09:49   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar media drive in Udaipur.

Name:  Screenshot 20240912 094913.png
Views: 197
Size:  593.4 KB

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 11:03   #224
BHPian

Saw the car in person, and neither the car looked good or impressive.
The use of camel color and dark navy blue inside the cabin doesn't look/feel as premium as the outgoing model. Even the sheet metal looks similar to the previous model.
Old 12th September 2024, 11:31   #225
BHPian

We were looking to get my father a new bigger boot car and the Alcazar was literally the only choice left considering we didn't want Tata/Mahindra reliability, Maruti didn't have anything as premium, the C3 Aircross was poverty spec in comparison and we already have a Carens.

I say bigger boot, for the car would be ONLY for his driving dates/duties with my mom, and the Alcazar/Carens are one of the few cars whose 3rd row folds flush flat to the boot floor AND the boot lip, making loading unloading a breeze, aparty from giving a massive, flat floor space.

When I shared the first images that revealed the interiors and face of this new Alcazar, 78 year old dad took one look and said - that connected screen and dash looks like a damn washing machine or microwave console!

There was no debate at home, given his 45 year career spent as a top educator of form and design in India, and for once i agreed, with my own lesser than him though global experience of being a product designer for over 2 decades.

What are these car companies doing? Replacing iconic visual experiences unique to a cars dashboard such as physical meters, instrument binnacles, cocooned driver cockpit, knurled, buffed, polished and layered physical switchgear with flat slab like screens dead for appeal until turned on. The earlier Alcazars dashboard, which I attach as an image here, really had handsome character befitting a car, the traditional positions and forms each given the richest possible detailing within the budget. Hyundai has really cheaped out, literally, by converting all the 3D materials earlier used into one flat screen, which won't even cost half of the earlier one to make, tech utility be damned. The AC control area, as case in point. Attaching a comparative angle of the new Alcazars dash as well.

On the outside too, the already spoken about uglies existed to our eye - the front lower faux bash plate. Even the H of Hyundai up front, on the steering and the Alcazar lettering at the rear, are all made of flat, matt aluminium feel letters, unlike the older which had depth and dimension apart from richer material finish. The same goes for the new front grill, that though neater/smarter in form is less rich in material and manufacture process compared to earlier. These companies have realised in a digital world, fewer people know or appreciate materials and manufacture than ever before, allowing them to put in cheaper screens than richer finish.

Coming back to our decisions on the car, we headed straight to a nearby dealer, scoffed at his asking to wait a few more days for this new one, and picked up an Alcazar Adventure Signature option diesel edition in Ranger Khakhi. At 21 lakh, a top end diesel automatic Alcazar with a panoramic sunroof. Now, suddenly the savings seem like a reason more paramount than any to have not waited for the new one!

Concluding with a pic of our brand new, already old Alcazar as it drives out of the showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-images-38.jpeg  

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-images-11.jpeg  

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-screenshot_20240912_112845_whatsapp.jpg  

AnAntinspired is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks