Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2024, 20:46   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

As per the brochure, only Diesel variants (read: Prestige, Platinum, Signature) get a panoramic sunroof compared to their petrol counterparts, due to which the price is same for the Petrol and Diesel variants.

If Panoramic Sunroof is introduced in the higher variants at a later stage, the prices can be increased by ₹1 lakh over the introductory prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does anyone know what's the extra kit in Alacazar compared to Creta ? Also what's the premium Vs Creta ?
Alcazar Signature DCT is ~1.25L expensive than Creta SX(O) DCT.

Alcazar gets 8 way powered co-driver seat, rear ventilated seats, Digital key, 7 seats over the Creta.

Last edited by sharmanova : 9th September 2024 at 20:50.
sharmanova is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 20:51   #197
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Looks like left side tail lamp has already malfunctioned. Even tail pipe looks odd.
There is a high chance that, due to the light being an LED, the camera will give the appearance that the lights are "flickering".

However, those tailpipes do look a bit odd.
JunkyardHunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 21:52   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

The space on offer in all 3 rows.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-20240909_215052.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-20240909_215054.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-20240909_215057.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th September 2024 at 22:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 10:25   #199
BHPian

Doesn't the pricing of the new Alcazar puts it in the XUV700 category? Who would go for Alcazar ignoring the XUV700? Even those who are serious for the practicality and usage of the third row seats, would be looking for Carens. Any idea how does the new Alcazar justifies the price(comparatively)?
achintatri is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 10:45   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
- Executive misses out on a stereo system(!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xway View Post
Base Executive variant @14.99 is solid value and contains everything including premium features, some notable in base are -

Rear Parking Sensors and Camera both
I think brochure is incorrect , how come there is no stereo but they have a reverse camera on base version ? , Am I missing something?
VigneshMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 11:43   #201
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the curtain airbags now cover the third row:

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-img_8254.jpeg
Source: Hyundai

Old for reference:

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-img_8253.jpeg
Source: Financial Express
ron178 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 11:51   #202
BHPian

The facelift and the pricing look interesting.

However, how come the Diesel variants don't come with a sunroof? Is a 25L car in India justified to not have a sunroof in the present time?
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 11:52   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Doesn't the pricing of the new Alcazar puts it in the XUV700 category? Who would go for Alcazar ignoring the XUV700? Even those who are serious for the practicality and usage of the third row seats, would be looking for Carens. Any idea how does the new Alcazar justifies the price(comparatively)?
Only thing I can think of is reliability. Especially with the electronics and software part.
Old 10th September 2024, 11:55   #204
Senior - BHPian

I had a quick look at the Alcazar. Some observations:
  • Front doesn't look as weird as I thought (with oversized skid plate, boxy nose, multi-pieced DRL) . It looks rather imposing and understated.
  • Interior feels very cramped. I had both my knees rubbing against something (steering column, upper part of centre console). Right leg fouls with the steering column when you are trying to reach the brake. I have never experienced this on any car. Is it something to do with the seat (base ) design?
  • Also, when you are trying to get out of the driver seat, your left leg feels stuck. This may be specific to tall drivers.
  • Brown plastic looks OK, not great but the black plastic on the top of the screen is poorly finished.
  • Leatherette seats did not feel great
  • With the driver seat set to my height (6'), rear captain seat feels cramped with the hard plastic tray rubbing my knees. I felt seats are bit tall and narrow. Seat base extension is very minimal and will be of no significance other than the dirt collecting in the groove
  • Floor space between the captain seats looks bad as it is not flat and is poorly finished
  • Narrow space between the captain seats to get to the third row automatically filters and lets only short and slimy built kids.

Floor between the 2 captain seats
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240910-11.32.14.jpeg

Knees rub against the plastics for tall drivers
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240910-11.32.15-1.jpeg

Steering column hits the leg if you try to get out in hurry
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240910-11.32.15.jpeg

Last edited by Guna : 10th September 2024 at 11:57.
Guna is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 12:04   #205
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamemaztr View Post
The facelift and the pricing look interesting.

However, how come the Diesel variants don't come with a sunroof? Is a 25L car in India justified to not have a sunroof in the present time?
Most likely Hyundai did not give sunroof to keep diesel price lower. The previous gen had sunroof in Signature(O) variants for both petrol and diesel. Diesel was ₹65k more than petrol DCT, so Hyundai could have kept similar price difference and provided sunroof in diesel too. Now, Hyundai might loose some customers by not providing sunroof for >₹20 lakh car.
kgt.v8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 12:16   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Now, Hyundai might loose some customers by not providing sunroof for >₹20 lakh car.
Most Hyundai owners in my locality buy Creta and Alcazar is for the Pano Sunroof. Every other thing comes second. The only USP for the pre-facelift Alcazar was that the Pano Sunroof was available from Prestige variants onwards (correct me if I am incorrect). Otherwise, it has no specific advantage over any of its competitors.

Make no mistake, I did appreciate Alcazar in my previous posts. And do appreciate it now. However, I must say it has no standing except reliability vis-a-vis the competition in the 25-30L price bracket.

That way as many suggest, the pre-facelift was more well-knitted. Unless some tweaks are made to the ride quality (we felt the pre-facelift was stiff and had considerable body roll even at lower speeds), I don't see this one setting the sales chart on fire. Possibly Hyundai doesn't intend it to be a hot seller like Creta and are happy with 2-5k cars a month.
Gamemaztr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 12:30   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar facelift full price list revealed:

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-screenshot-20240910-122935.png
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 12:38   #208
BHPian

As an existing Alcazar owner, I feel the updated Alcazar looks very good, especially the interiors and added features over the previous one.

I have the diesel manual, mid model as I wanted a bench on row 2 instead of Captain seats. I'd bought the Alcazar primarily as a beater car & luggage carrier & it has been an excellent purchase

I have clocked 60,000 Kms in less than 3 years of purchase, the Alcazar has been hassle free, loaded with tech and a pleasure to sit in including over pretty poor stretches of mountain roads in Himachal.

It may not be fun to drive like my VW Tiguan, but it has been an excellent vehicle to own in every other aspect.

Last edited by driven646 : 10th September 2024 at 12:42.
driven646 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 12:48   #209
BHPian

The only, and the main reason for dropping the prices was that the Alcazar was getting absolutely rogered, by the far more fantastic Kia Carens.

Carens was 5L cheaper, variant for variant, and is still at least 2.5L cheaper, variant for variant.

Kia carens, with its fantastic 2nd and 3rd row, has more interior space, than even an Innova Hycross.

No wonder that even Taxi/Fleet operators, and Police/Government are not starting to buy the Carens,

Nucliomaniac is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 13:31   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
As per the brochure, only Diesel variants (read: Prestige, Platinum, Signature) get a panoramic sunroof compared to their petrol counterparts, due to which the price is same for the Petrol and Diesel variants.

If Panoramic Sunroof is introduced in the higher variants at a later stage, the prices can be increased by ₹1 lakh over the introductory prices.
Hyundai should have offered ALCAZAR PETROL AUTOMATIC without sunroof also. This is a missed opportunity by Hyundai.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks