Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:24   #46
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Rightly said. The Alcazar was on my list last year but lost out due to that cramped middle row and lack of good paint options. The packaging otherwise was good, but just as with the pre-facelift Creta, this too has too much in common with the Creta and will likely not set the sales chart on fire. Happy to be proven wrong!
I also felt that Alcazar does not have good legroom in 2nd and 3rd row even though the wheelbase is more.
3rd row seats have very less legroom if I push 2nd row all the way back. Only less than 10-year old will prefer to sit there in this position.
If I pull 2nd rows to make some legroom for 3rd row, then 2nd row has very less legroom left.

I took 2 test drives of Alcazar, one of 1.5 diesel automatic and one of 1.5 petrol DCT. The diesel engine was not noisy, shifts were smooth, but engine felt very lethargic and moot to drive. I felt like driving in Eco mode and response did not change much even in Sports mode. DCT felt better to drive as compared to Diesel automatic.

Interiors
Alcazar also has lot of hard plastic parts which are brown color. The photos make the interior look premium in brown, but as soon as I sat inside the cabin, I felt too much hard plastics around in brown. I hope this facelift has some more soft touch parts as compared to existing Alcazar or facelift Creta.

Sales expectations:
Hyundai has not marketed the facelift bookings. So, my assumption is still that Hyundai does not expect Alcazar to sell lot more than 2k-3k units per month after first couple of months of launch. None of the SAs whom I had contacted about 3 months back for Alcazar got in touch with me after facelift booking opened. This itself shows the SAs are not interested in Alcazar sales. Heck, I have asked for Creta test drive 4 times already and salesperson never bothers to call back or even send message on test drive car availability.
kgt.v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:26   #47
BHPian

re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard_storme View Post
That shade of green is looking very green to be on a car IMHO . Not sure if any else think the same!
I agree. The pewter olive green on Seltos looked a class act. This is tooo dark.

Also, the rear view reminds me of Honda BRV.

Alcazar:
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-tail-lamp.jpg

BRV:
Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-brv-rear.png
Jupizire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:28   #48
BHPian

Is it a mistake in Hyundai website or I am missing something? At one place its mentioned R17 and on other R18.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-screenshot_20240822_222450_chrome.jpg
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:34   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Machine View Post
Does anyone know if the space in third row would be better this time? Unless they can make it livable for at least 2-3 hours, this GRAND CRETA (as it is called in South America) does not make any sense over the regular Creta!
I am only expecting interior color theme change.
No clue yet if Hyundai has changed anything in 2nd and 3rd row seats with this facelift. Will need to wait until 9th-September to know more.
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 08:24   #50
BHPian

I was waiting for the Alcazar Face-lift bookings to open, however am now very seriously considering the Thar Roxx, as the use of 7 seats is occasional and we do have the XL6 in the Family for that

Given this one isn't expected to set the sales charts on fire, and the overall sentiment of the market, I'd expect this to be available at decent discounts in a few months. If it's a runaway success then we'll anyway benefit in terms of longer term re sale value

Overall looks better than the previous Gen, Let's hope the interiors are better than the Creta too and they've played around with the interiors to at least create the perception of more space

On a lighter note, the one strong point my better half feels the Alcazar has over the Roxx, is the Bottle Holders in the Doors and Ironically I can't help but agree with her on that one
Old 23rd August 2024, 08:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Is it a mistake in Hyundai website or I am missing something? At one place its mentioned R17 and on other R18.

Attachment 2645205
Existing one comes with 18 inches, so this should have at least 18 inches, 17 seems to be an error.

I think people with height 5'10" and seats placed sensibly, not pushed all the way back just for the sake of it, second row space was sufficient. Even third row is ok for 5'6" and below. Taller drivers and passengers travelling together may feel cramped.

I would advice to test the space after setting the front seat properly for your height, not so far back that you couldn't reach the steering wheel! I am sure for average height, the space is good.

Sliding and reclining rear seat is helpful. Especially the recline angle is more than that of Creta or Seltos.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 08:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Existing one comes with 18 inches, so this should have at least 18 inches, 17 seems to be an error.
Not error.

Prestige was sold with 215/60/R17 and Platinum & Signature variants were sold with 225/55/R18. I own the 2022 Prestige variant with R17 tires.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd August 2024 at 11:32. Reason: Fixed the broken quote tags
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 10:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai Alcazar facelift revealed; Bookings open in India

Hyundai has revealed the Alcazar facelift for the Indian market.
The New Alcazar looks like a proper 2-row to 3-row evolution of the facelifted Creta. This will sell!

Here is my humble attempt at a quick side-by-side visual comparison of the updated Creta (white) and the Alcazar (green). I must say, they both look very nice. Can't really decide which one is better.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-creta_vs_alcazar2.png

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spied testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 14.99 lakh-creta_vs_alcazar1.png
Miel is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:05   #54
BHPian

Honestly, I’m loving the exterior design of Alcazar.

Nice aesthetic feeling of big brother to Creta.
drGicher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Great design. I love how Hyundai has differentiated the Creta and the Alcazar using LED taillamp and headlight signatures. Another standout is the sliver colour inserts on the lower skid plate areas on the front and rear bumpers. The rear quarter glass treatment is also very nice. Overall a very clean design.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 12:20   #56
BHPian

Alcazar is one of the rare Hyundais which is making me take a visual liking to it right away. Well done Hyundai.

To my eyes, it looks more palatable than the facelifted Creta. I wouldn't be surprised if this sells more than the pre FL just for the looks.
blueberry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 12:44   #57
BHPian

How much fuel economy can one expect in the 1.5L petrol Alcazar in daily city office commute?
Old 23rd August 2024, 15:26   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
How much fuel economy can one expect in the 1.5L petrol Alcazar in daily city office commute?
In city traffic, 8-10 max I guess.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd August 2024 at 17:26. Reason: Edited
Old 23rd August 2024, 19:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhnik View Post
Since you are in Delhi/NCR, please confirm your route & timings.

1.5L NA petrol can manage 11 kmpl in summers. The turbo can be too addictive to get decent economy.
Old 23rd August 2024, 19:25   #60
BHPian

Minor gripe: raised roof rails look cheap and tacked on. Previous ones were better. I am sure Hyundai raised them to make Alcazar look taller which it does now but also makes it look narrower.

Last edited by FiestaST : 23rd August 2024 at 19:26. Reason: typo
FiestaST is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks