Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 11:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Dzire achieves 25 lakh sales milestone

The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has become the highest-selling sedan in India, with over 25 lakh units sold and a market share of 50% in its segment.

Maruti Suzuki Dzire achieves 25 lakh sales milestone-media_release_indias-highest-selling-sedan-maruti-suzuki-dzire-over-25-lakh-customers-strong.jpg

In 2008, Maruti Suzuki launched the Dzire in India. In FY2009-10, sales crossed the 1 lakh unit mark. The 5 lakh sales milestone was achieved in FY2012-13. Sales doubled in FY2015-16, and by FY2019-20, Maruti had sold over 20 lakh Dzires.

The Maruti Dzire is currently offered with a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 89 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. The engine is mated with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

The Dzire is also available with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The CNG version packs 76 BHP, while peak torque is rated at 98.5 Nm @ 4,300 rpm. It is offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

In terms of features, the Dzire comes equipped with LED projector headlamps, cruise control, auto folding ORVMs, and Maruti's SmartPlay Studio infotainment system.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 12:03   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Maruti Suzuki Dzire achieves 25 lakh sales milestone

Thanks to the taxi market, out of the last 10L for Dzire, majority might have gone for the Taxi. Maruti is now synonymous to Taxi. More than half of their models are now taxis and we dont call them as Taxi brand(?).

Maruti sells Taxi under their regular brand and non taxi from Nexa showrooms. If you need a Taxi from Nexa, we can get it from Toyota.
Altrozed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 16:41   #3
BHPian

One thing I can say for sure is that the popularity of this car is waning among the private car buyers. I hardly see any Dzires driven by private owners. Most of them are taxis, atleast here in Bangalore.
i10_sanjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 21:46   #4
BHPian

The last 5L sales took the longest time. tells you how much the market has moved beyond the 5-8L category for the common man!
Old 15th September 2023, 22:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
The last 5L sales took the longest time. tells you how much the market has moved beyond the 5-8L category for the common man!
True.
Seems Maruti is right now focussing only on achieving volumes. Quality has dropped abysmally. The metal sheet is wafer thin, features being deleted left right centre, thankfully there is no negative NCAP rating, otherwise they would have achieved that too.
If they don't get their acts together, the smart market will soon get them down the way they took them to the pole position in volumes.
Old 15th September 2023, 22:54   #6
BHPian

Well deserved achievement.

Dzire is a real workhorse. Very reliable, very good fuel efficiency, low maintenance and good resale value. Barring safety, everything is great about this car.

Dzire is a default choice for families with not so much car knowledge.
Old 15th September 2023, 22:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Covid also had its fair share of impact in the last 5L sales....
Old 16th September 2023, 13:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Covid also had its fair share of impact in the last 5L sales....
Covid has actually made the exact opposite impact. The rush to buy vehicles started with covid and we are still not out of the situation where manufacturers are calling the shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
If they don't get their acts together, the smart market will soon get them down the way they took them to the pole position in volumes.
Are you kidding? Their alto/swift/celerio volumes are down but their high priced tickets like Grand Vitara, XL6, Baleno/Fronx, Brezza all are selling like hot cakes! Their per car revenue are much better than earlier and this is without considering the 3-4 Lakh of pending orders to be fulfilled.
Old 10th December 2023, 14:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has become the highest-selling sedan in India, with over 25 lakh units sold and a market share of 50% in its segment.
Like many , I've contributed to that sale Back in 2013-14, everyone was buying Swift Dzire i.e relatives, society members etc. I was looking to upgrade from Alto and that looked logical choice for that segment. Hyundai Xcent was new entrant and Honda Amaze haven't come yet as I recall.

Fast forward 10 years now, I'm still driving the same Swift Dzire. Contemporaries have shifted to SUVs and I may go that route , but as of now quite happy with low maintenance Dzire.
My drive is limited, i work from home so its casual weekend driving

Last edited by graaja : 10th December 2023 at 14:50. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only relevant part of a post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks