Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2024, 11:04   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyWalrus View Post
Any chance Skoda will plonk the 1.5 TSI in this car or will the taxes be too big for them to price it well? Could be a fun little thing with 150 bhp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Absolutely no chance of seeing 1.5 TSI in this car. Entire purpose of launching this car is to take benefit of sub 4mtr taxation, plonking a 1500cc engine will negate that advantage.
Given the stiff competition, to differentiate, Skoda should launch a Monte Carlo version with the explosive 1.5 drivetrain. Even though taxes will be higher, there will be takers for this. Something like a limited version available once in a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda also seems to have reduced the front and rear overhangs to make it slip under the sub-4m mark.
Skoda has packaged Kushaq well given the compact exterior dimensions, if just overhangs are reduced, this will be a spacious car from inside and boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
In such a highly contested segment, Skoda is going to have an uphill task to carve its niche considering they have just 1 engine option & never provide any segment leading features.

Since driving dynamics is not a big criteria for an average buyer (reviews tell that 3XO has an edge here as well), they will have to undercut the competition in pricing else it will be dead on arrival.
Points likely to be in favor of Skoda,
  • Engine - The refinement and power on highways is just next level.
  • Chassis - Best handling and suspension balance.
  • Features - covered (except pano roof maybe)
  • Space - Most usable boot in Kushaq
  • Safety - Top notch
  • NVH - Pretty good
Only thing holding back Skoda is RELIABILITY- fix all the niggles before launch and this could become most well rounded product. Also, given their production capacity, selling higher than competition won’t be a target. They just want a pie from the segment. Shock pricing will help in a quick start , but in the long run, this will be product priced at par with the competition.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 17:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Contrary to what others feel, I am quite excited to have a sub-4m car from Skoda. With cities getting congested and traffic not getting any better, I want a small car which can do city duties, and be fun and safe to drive on highways on those road trips.

With Skoda sub-4M 1L TSI, I get all these in a single package without having to spend big bucks on taxes (45% GST on >4M SUVs). If priced competitively, this is a no-brainer for me. I strongly feel Skoda will get good voumes if they nail this one.
Strongly agree with you. Today checked Kushaq TD vehicle at my parking lot for observing it's practicality of ingress and egress. It was bit tough as I would say compared to my Punto for obvious reasons. So I'm now more inclined towards upcoming sub-4m launch from Skoda as a replacement. Also noted that legroom provided for rear passengers is more than enough in Kushaq even with driver seat adjusted for 6 inch tall person, I would say it's a waste of space. What I expect from new launch is to use up that space along with other stuffs to come under 4m bracket without compromising on other features.
Salesperson indicated that new launch could be in approx 3 months, however I expect it to be available for sales only at the beginning of next year, not mid.
Fingers crossed!
red_hot_punto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 12:58   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_punto View Post
Salesperson indicated that new launch could be in approx 3 months, however I expect it to be available for sales only at the beginning of next year, not mid.
Fingers crossed!
Extrapolating from the Kushaq and Slavia, anything this year would at best be a 'World Premiere' where the car's attributes are showcased (maybe a teaser in CAD and that's about it). It's probably safe to expect the actual start of serial production, unveil as well as the price announcement in early 2025, which is what Škoda have said anyway.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 17:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Skoda compact SUV side profile, DRLs spied.

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-skodanexonsuvrivalspiedpune31068x601.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st May 2024 at 17:21.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 17:31   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics of the Compact SUV:

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-skodanewsuvspiedlaunchsoonprice1min.jpg

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-skodanexonsuvrivalspiedpune1.jpg

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-skodanexonsuvrivalspiedpune2.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 17:20   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Škoda's Compact SUV in spy shots:

- Similar design cues as the Kushaq
- This test mule of the subcompact SUV was sporting steel wheels with black wheel covers.
- LED tail lights of the Skoda subcompact SUV, too look similar to those on the Kushaq.
- Its split headlights and LED DRLs are still noticeable in these clearest spy shots so far. Similar to the Kushaq, Skoda’s subcompact SUV also features the same butterfly Skoda grille.

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-screenshot-20240619-171751.png

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-screenshot-20240619-171810.png

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-screenshot-20240619-172057.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th June 2024 at 17:25.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 09:30   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

When Skoda releases the sub compact SUV next year, VW will release the Skoda sibling in Brazil, under the project VW246.

Lauch of the VW sub compact is not slated to release in India, as of now.

It will be based on Skoda Fabia and test mules gives hints of the size of the VW Project 246 SUV.

Quote:
The VW 246 will only have the 170 TSI engine, which produces 116 hp of power at 5,000 rpm with ethanol and 109 hp of power at 5,000 rpm with gasoline in the tank. The torque common to both fuels is 16.8 kgfm between 1,750 rpm and 4,250 rpm.
Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-screenshot-20240626-092821.png

Skoda to launch a Compact SUV in 2025-screenshot-20240626-092100.png

In mid-October, a company was hired by Volkswagen to choose possible names for the new SUV. There were seven options on the ballot: Hera, Therion, Tera, Copa, Teon, Copan and Taira.

Link:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks