Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2023, 17:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years

Earlier this year, Renault and Nissan announced their long-term strategy for India, which includes an investment of Rs 5,300 crore. The carmakers also revealed their plans to introduce six new models. We can now share some details about the upcoming models from the Nissan stable in particular.

Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years-a974b723add249e9903289f1264efebf.jpg

Sources have revealed that the X-Trail will be the first of six new cars lined up for the Indian market. The 4th-gen X-Trail was showcased in October last year. The SUV is likely to be imported via the CBU route. It will compete with the Skoda Kodiaq and Volkswagen Tiguan.

Five new models will be rolled out by 2025-26. Among these will be a global EV, which is likely to be the Ariya electric crossover. Depending on the size of the battery, this EV will offer a range of 580-610 km.

Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years-32521892_web1_230424todaysdriveariya_1.jpg

Nissan is also looking to tap into the midsize SUV space with a new model. It is expected to rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the recently launched Honda Elevate.

It is said that Nissan plans to launch three sub-4 meter models in the coming years. These include a compact SUV, a compact 7-seater MPV, possibly based on the Renault Triber and an entry-level electric car.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Nissan India shares the following statement with us:
Quote:
The Alliance has committed in February 2023 to collaborate on six new production vehicles for domestic and international customers, including two new fully electric vehicles. An initial investment of around $600m USD / ₹5300 crores INR is planned to support the new projects. At this stage, we cannot comment on speculation regarding product specifications of any of the future product(s) by the Alliance partners.
– Spokesperson, Nissan Motor India.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Omkar : 8th September 2023 at 08:50.
TusharK is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 17:30   #2
BHPian

re: Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years

I was really hoping they would launch the X-Trail or atleast QashQai this year.

I was also interested in knowing how Nissan is dealing with Hybrid tech, but seeing how the GOI isn't favoring hybrid (Petrol+electric) compared to EV push, it would be smart if Nissan launched fully electric ones.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2023 at 19:14. Reason: Check my latest reply
Old 6th September 2023, 18:15   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
re: Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years

Hope they launch the Nissan Rogue here. It is a really good car with sorted dynamics and all the gizmos and bling features required to compete with the Creta and Seltos. It is very popular in Canada where seeing one is as common as seeing a Swift in India
i10_sanjay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:11   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry about the misunderstanding, guys. Tushar's mistake here.

We meant to say:

- X-Trail is coming in soon!

- The rest of the products are coming "by 2026". Based on what I hear, Nissan is targeting by 2025-26.

Have edited the forum post to reflect that.

Personally, I am just glad that Nissan India is focussing on new products. Indirectly, it means they are increasing their commitment to India & getting new investments. I hope this pans out as end of the day, competition makes things better for us customers . We need more OEMs, more car models, more competition.
GTO is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:22   #5
BHPian

I hope Nissan brings the 4ePower strong hybrid and not the mild hybrid to our shores. It will be a worthy competitor to the Hycross (and possibly the Fortuner) if priced right.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

The new X-Trail coming to India is good news indeed. It is a very competent SUV and coming in as CBU implies impeccable quality levels. On the flipside, though, it will be very expensive. I doubt if they will be able to keep it in the same price range as the Kodiaq.

Last edited by cool_dube : 6th September 2023 at 19:31.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:52   #7
BHPian

This news indeed puts me at ease. I had purchased a Nissan Magnite XV Pre CVT a few months ago and ever since I bought it, everyone had been giving out doomsday proclamations that Nissan would exit India.

I would personally like to see an EV offering from Nissan that competes with the likes of Nexon EV and XUV400.
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 08:26   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just got this. Outlines their plans in a far clearer manner . Very happy to see Nissan sticking around!

Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years-untitled.png
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Suffice to say, they are not looking into the small car market. This was where they got their numbers earlier, with the Micra. They should have planned a replacement for it. Would have helped with the bread-and-butter investment/income of their dealers.

The X-Trail doesn't have the same positive image as the Micra did.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:27   #10
BHPian

Any guess of how much the X-Trail is going to cost? Price wise, is it going to be an Innova competitor or a Fortuner competitor? I heard that it will be a strong hybrid.
Old 7th September 2023, 10:15   #11
BHPian

Re: Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Any guess of how much the X-Trail is going to cost?
If it is a CBU model, then it is more likely to be Fortuner's competition price-wise. I hope they launch their hybrid 2W/4W drive engine options that are available in the other asean markets.
Old 7th September 2023, 10:59   #12
BANNED

Re: Scoop | Nissan plans to launch 6 new cars in India | X-Trail soon, 5 more cars in 2 - 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10_sanjay View Post
Hope they launch the Nissan Rogue here. It is a really good car with sorted dynamics and all the gizmos and bling features required to compete with the Creta and Seltos. It is very popular in Canada where seeing one is as common as seeing a Swift in India
You live in Canada, and yet you didn't realise that the Rogue goes up against Tucson, and not Creta.

The kicks was/is a Creta competitor
turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 12:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10_sanjay View Post
The Nissan X-Trail and the Rogue are the same cars. Rogue is the name of the X-Trail in the American continent.
aravind.anand is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 23:31   #14
BHPian

In all sense, the X-Trail will most likely compete with Kodiaq, Fortuner and not Tiguan. Kodiaq is a level above Tiguan as a product as well as in terms of cost. So X-Trail can never compete with both Tiguan and Kodiaq and let us not forget that it is a CBU. With the powertrain technology the X-Trail brings in, I only expect the cost to be >50L even for the entry variant.

Nissan really turned around its brand image and business in India with its 2.0 strategy with Magnite. However, will the X-Trail sustain/retain its image ? I doubt. Because I see the X-Trail as a stop gap product (that is why it is a CBU) until the other 4 India specific models roll out.
Old 8th September 2023, 11:15   #15
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
You live in Canada, and yet you didn't realise that the Rogue goes up against Tucson, and not Creta.

The kicks was/is a Creta competitor
Bro, I don't live in Canada, it is just an observation I made while visiting there. Secondly, I compared with Creta/Seltos in terms of the feature set the Rogue has, not in terms of the size/segment of the car since the Creta/Seltos twins are considered to be loaded to the brim with segment leading features. Also, Nissan sells the Kicks in Canada, so there is no confusion for me.

Also, Tucson in Canada is more expensive than the Rogue variant-wise.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks