Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 16:48   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Got my 2016 Q3 HSRPs delivered to and fitted by Audi Central. Very smoothly done, kudos to Audi!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 16:56   #92

Got my HSRP fixed after a long struggle.

I have Toyota Corolla and booked the hsrp number plate online paying the entire amount. I selected the nearby Toyota dealership and went in the morning on the date of appointment.

After reaching the dealership , I was asked to go to the sales showroom and when I enquired with them they were dumbfounded as they said it is not possible for individual buyers to order number plate. After talking to multiple people we got the contact of the FTC ( HSRP vendor ) contact and he confirmed that he has already sent the number plates to the dealership. The FTC person was not aware whether it was sent to Sales or Service center and kept giving different answers.

The dealership folks were confused and maintained their stance that they cannot help much as the FTC person has to come and fix. After a hour long fight and running across the service center and showroom finally they discovered the number plates from the showroom and bought it .

The service center folks helped to fix it but told me that they were doing me a favour to fix it as I spoke the same language as them. What an irony when I paid full amount still had to rely on someone speaking my mother tongue to do a me favour in doing their job.

On the whole the experience is awful and the showroom folks mostly cold shouldered us and we had to be nagging behind them to get a resolution.

My 2 cents to folks who want to fix in future

1. Please speak with your dealership and make them aware of such a system to fix HSRP number plates if they are not already aware for older cars.
2. Right before them get contact of the HSRP folks confirm of the logistics before placing your order online.
brownbatman is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 18:35   #93
BHPian

I could not collect sticker on time from the place I got HRSP number plates.

1. Is the sticker mandatory to be put on windshield?
2. If Yes, can we request for new sticker only?
Old 31st August 2023, 18:52   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Has anyone here booked an appointment for their pre 2010 bikes on the SIAM portal?
Quoting my own comment
I shot an email to the FTA HSRP solutions team. They responded within 24hours asking my bike's registration number. And another reply to my answer informing me to get the Vaahan portal updated with the manufacturer as it was showing Others. Commendable job by both the dealership and the FTA team.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230831_184813.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 11:48   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Little noob question but who is going to update VAAHAN (if at all) with the unique HSRP codes, i.e. one code for each HSRP plate issued against a particular registration number? I checked with Audi, but they had no idea saying this is the first time someone has asked such a question.

I take it the HSRP vendor is mandated to carry out a periodic batch upload into VAAHAN then? And more importantly, can a owner crosscheck this mapping on the VAAHAN portal to ensure the authenticity of the HSRP so issued?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 12:40   #96

Hi, just wanted to appraise all Ford car owners in Bangalore (and Karnataka) that there are now multiple dealers listed (3 for Bangalore) on bookmyhsrp.com. I just booked a slot for my Endeavour for Sep 11th. The website is working fine and there are a lot of available slots currently.
ks93226 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 14:21   #97
Senior - BHPian

I got the HSRP plates fixed on my car today at VW dealership in JP Nagar, Bangalore.
I have a question: Old numbers plates were fixed inside frames. Now, they just removed the old number plates and fixed the new ones using the same frames. I asked if it is OK to fix them this way and isn't there a mandate to fix using non-removable rivets. Person said this is fine and asked me to put some glue to the frame so that the plates cannot be easily removed!
I thought this defeats the entire purpose of HRSP plates as the idea was to prevent the thefts of number plates.
Probably I will wait for some time and get them fixed properly (without frames)
Old 1st September 2023, 14:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I got the HSRP plates fixed on my car today at VW dealership in JP Nagar, Bangalore.
I have a question: Old numbers plates were fixed inside frames. Now, they just removed the old number plates and fixed the new ones using the same frames. I asked if it is OK to fix them this way and isn't there a mandate to fix using non-removable rivets. Person said this is fine and asked me to put some glue to the frame so that the plates cannot be easily removed!
I thought this defeats the entire purpose of HRSP plates as the idea was to prevent the thefts of number plates.
Probably I will wait for some time and get them fixed properly (without frames)
In principle, I agree with you.

On cars, the frames shouldn't make too much of a difference since the plates are protected well. However, the material used for the plate is so flimsy that fitting it without a frame on a bike will mean the plate will inevitably get bent if someone so much as brushes against it by mistake. The sequence of bending, unbending will mean the plate will eventually get damaged and new one will be needed. This is a conundrum I am unable to figure out right now.

I am sure cops will allow people to install frames now and one day wake up and penalize people who aren't using rivets.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 15:40   #99
BHPian

Hi,

I've a dilemma now. My car windshield is slightly damaged with a chip mark from stone hitting. It's been a year and it's holding well without any more damage or crack. I don't want to replace it this year as I've already claimed my insurance once this year for bumper replacement.
If I book HSRP number plate now, is the windshield sticker removable and can be stuck again on the new windshield in future if required? Or should I replace my windshield now itself due to this new rule.
Old 1st September 2023, 16:04   #100
BHPian

Here's my experience getting a HSRP for my Dio.

A very smooth experience. The dealer has my HSRP and everything was done in 15 minutes flat. I was just the second customer who had come in with a old vehicle for the HSRP at that dealer. Things could get busier in the coming days.

Glad that the HSRP for old vehicles initiaitive is finally in effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Little noob question but who is going to update VAAHAN (if at all) with the unique HSRP codes
The dealer said that they would send a picture confirmation to the HSRP vendor and they would be doing the update of the unique code against the vehicle in the Vaahan database. No way to check it at the consumer level as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbatman View Post
Got my HSRP fixed after a long struggle.

I have Toyota Corolla and booked the hsrp number plate online paying the entire amount. I selected the nearby Toyota dealership and went in the morning on the date of appointment.

After reaching the dealership, I was asked to go to the sales showroom and when I enquired with them they were dumbfounded as they said it is not possible for individual buyers to order number plate.
Always a better idea to check the tracking ID (on the HSRP vendor portal) and talking to the showroom guys before going to get the fixing done.

It is a new process and most probably the early adopters will run into these teething troubles.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd September 2023 at 08:22. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
sagaranjos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:15   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2Serenity View Post
Hi,

I've a dilemma now. My car windshield is slightly damaged with a chip mark from stone hitting. It's been a year and it's holding well without any more damage or crack. I don't want to replace it this year as I've already claimed my insurance once this year for bumper replacement.
If I book HSRP number plate now, is the windshield sticker removable and can be stuck again on the new windshield in future if required? Or should I replace my windshield now itself due to this new rule.
Unfortunately the sticker may not be removable and may get damaged if you try to do so.

Just out of curiosity - if you have already claimed insurance once this year, you have lost the NCB. You might as well use insurance claim for windshield replacement. Nothing to lose.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd September 2023 at 10:29.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:33   #102
BHPian

I recently had my HSRP replaced on my Grand i10, and the overall experience was quite positive. I believe one of the key factors contributing to this satisfaction was my decision to request a home installation instead of going to the dealership or their service center.

The day before the scheduled appointment, I received a call from their executive to confirm the ideal time for the technician to come to my home and to ensure that my car would be available. The technician arrived with all the necessary tools, efficiently completed the task within just 5 minutes, and then departed.

I highly recommend opting for the home installation service, even though it may involve extra charges, rather than visiting the dealership or service center.
woodstock3001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 13:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
I highly recommend opting for the home installation service, even though it may involve extra charges, rather than visiting the dealership or service center.
Recommending this again... I have a booking on Mon 4 Sep with Trident Hyudnai to replace my old number boards. Called the number given on the confirmation receipt and the guy kept cutting the call.

A lady @ the support desk for bookmyhsrp.com told us that many of the dealers are not responding to bookings and creating issues. Hence they are recommending home installation. Their service team will come and do the complete installation at your house itself.

Last edited by car_addict : 2nd September 2023 at 13:40.
car_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:40   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Recommending this again... I have a booking on Mon 4 Sep with Trident Hyudnai to replace my old number boards. Called the number given on the confirmation receipt and the guy kept cutting the call.

A lady @ the support desk for bookmyhsrp.com told us that many of the dealers are not responding to bookings and creating issues. Hence they are recommending home installation. Their service team will come and do the complete installation at your house itself.
Some WhatsApp messages say that we need to book on www.siam.in, for cars purchased before April 2019.

Which is it? www.siam.in? Or www.bookmyhsrp.com?
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:45   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Some WhatsApp messages say that we need to book on www.siam.in, for cars purchased before April 2019.

Which is it? www.siam.in? Or www.bookmyhsrp.com?
The SIAM website has mapped different websites to combinations of state and vehicle manufacturer. So BookMyHSRP may not work for everyone. Going through SIAM's website ensures the right vendor is selected for your combination of state and vehicle manufacturer.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks