Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 19:22   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
Did you manage to do that for your Int650?
Try comparing the maker details in Parivahan for your bullet and Interceptor.
I suspect this is the reason for error.

For my Int650 it says, 'Royal-Enfield (Unit of Eicher LTD)'.
Mine was 2022 registered bike, so it came with the HSRP plates.

I had sent a mail to the team regarding the message I got in post 169 and this was their reply. I'll have to figure this out with my RTO agent. I'm not in a hurry though atleast till this becomes a pain to use the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_4087.jpeg  

Old 8th September 2023, 19:56   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
This is a first! Will you share the sanitised message you received? I’m yet to get any intimation.
The message is not from VAHAN, instead from the vendor, not sure how to verify.
Your HSRP laser codes are uploaded to VAHAN portal
Team Rosmerta’
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 20:13   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
The message is not from VAHAN, instead from the vendor, not sure how to verify.
Your HSRP laser codes are uploaded to VAHAN portal
Team Rosmerta’
Thanks! Let me know you have been able to verify this on VAHAN?
Old 8th September 2023, 20:39   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I also managed to book at their Hennur centre for 8/9.
Today I went to Cauvery Ford at Hennur for HSRP fitting in my 2018 Endeavour. The appointment was for 12 noon, and I did reach there a few minutes early. But it took almost an hour to finish the process.

On the positive side, they rivetted the new plates in place, using a hand-held tool that seemed specifically made for this. The front plate's installation went without a hitch. It was the rear plate that gave them trouble.

1. The OEM fixture wouldn't hold the rivet - they had to drill through it. I hope the liftgate's integrity is intact.

2. The holes were positioned awkwardly - the rivet would have had to pierce through one of the digit/number of the plate if I had insisted they properly centred the plate. After much discussion, I relented to affixing the new plate slightly (about 1-1.5 cm) to one side. This has resulted in the padding being exposed a bit, making the whole thing look slightly ugly.

3. After I left the place, they called me back - apparently they had to take a photo of the vehicle with the new plates and upload that somewhere.

By the time I was on the ORR I got the first SMS ("Your HSRP Plate has been affixed.Thanks, Rosmerta Team") and in Krishnarajapura, the second ("Your HSRP laser codes are uploaded to VAHAN portal Team Rosmerta").

Where they messed up was in affixing the sticker. As far as I know, the two stickers have to be pasted in layers (first the transparent one, then the colour-coded one covering it). Instead, they fixed them one below the other. I'll probably have to scrape them out and get a fresh one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks! Let me know you have been able to verify this on VAHAN?
Good question. I also want to know this - how do we verify this on Vaahan? Celex (who handled HSRP for my other car) has maintained complete radio silence so far, so I need to verify at least that one.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 11:55   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Even I managed to book a slot for Friday, 8th Sept. Hopefully it happens without much fuss. Maybe we can run into each other there(couldn't send you a DM).
@the_joker, It was a pleasure & pleasant surprise to meet a fellow bhpian outside the forum, in person.

With regards to your inability to send me a DM, that could be due to me being a "New Recruit" into the clan. Therefore, there maybe limitations on tools available to me.

On another note, the Installation of HSRP Plates at Cauvery Ford went smooth. However, as in your case, the Executive said that since the Car has Plastic/Moulding and not Metal where the plates are to be installed, they would not recommend Riveting; instead they just used the same screws.

However, they were very organized; they are maintaining a Register with details of Vehicles coming in for HSRP installation. In my case, they took down my Name alongwith the Name of the Owner (Company Owned), VIN No., Mailing Address & Mobile Number. No additional charges were collected and the whole process took almost 30 Minutes.

An idea that I would like to share with the Forum Members - my two cents; please retain a Hardcopy of the HSRP Order ID Confirmation in your Car alongwith your Vehicle documents. I have done this for both our Cars.

Another member on the forum had raised a query whether we had received an SMS signifying that the laser codes have been uploaded on the Vahan portal. Yes, we did receive the same for our Maruti Ertiga. For the Ford, we have not received the same & have written to Customer Support at Rosmerta Safety requesting for details.

I had also helped my Wife's Uncle schedule for a HSRP installation for his 2017 Maruti Ciaz at the Maruti Suzuki Dealership close to his Residence at RR Nagar. The Dealership feigned ignorance and refused to have anything to do with the same. Thereafter, we spoke to the Customer Support at Rosmerta Safety & they scheduled for and installed the HSRP Plates the same Evening, Monday 04th September at his Residence (Home Installation).
Old 9th September 2023, 12:02   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
I had an appointment to fix the HSRP plate on my car today at Pratham Motors, Bellandur. On calling them up, I was asked if I received an SMS about the plate delivery, which I had not. The lady then searched through a pile of such plates on her side and said my plate has not come in yet.

Do we get an SMS from God-knows-who about the plate delivery to the fitment center? bookmyhsrp.com site only says the order status is Success.

I was told they would call me back when they get my plates. I don't expect this to happen, instead may have to call daily to check.
@Shubbi as @bianand has also pointed out, an SMS is sent when the HSRP Plates are ready for dispatch and another when they reach the Dealership.

I would also suggest you call on the Number provided at the Fitment Centre before going.
Old 9th September 2023, 18:53   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHegde View Post
Thereafter, we spoke to the Customer Support at Rosmerta Safety & they scheduled for and installed the HSRP Plates the same Evening, Monday 04th September at his Residence (Home Installation).
Thank you for sharing this information. For Bangalore is there an option to opt for home installation during the booking process itself?
Old 9th September 2023, 22:44   #188
BHPian

I had booked the HSRP on bookmyhsrpdotcom for the Aspire and for the Activa I had booked on the SIAM webpage. The earliest appointment was on 13th September for the car, and I scheduled my Activa for the 13th as well. Since I had got SMS from both vendors that the plates have been delivered at the dealer location, I decided to try my luck and called up Mr. Prasad from Cauvery Ford and requested him to affix the plates today - it would save me from taking one day's leave from office , he readily agreed for fixing it today (Saturday well spent) Planet Honda agreed as well. I got additional frames installed for the scooter plates for Rs.350.

Cauvery ford had always been a pleasant visit during the last seven years of my car ownership and today was no different. Since the Aspire has plastic bumpers front and rear, they could not rivet the plates, The transparent sticker plus the orange sticker (for BSIV diesel) was affixed to the windshield.

All activities on similar lines to to what user KHEGDE mentioned earlier, I was in and out in about 30-40 minutes.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th September 2023 at 17:41. Reason: spacing for readability
Sunil@KA25 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

HSRP for the Fiesta!

Most the vehicles at home do not have the HSRP and hence decided to start off ordering first for my 2012 Fiesta as the mandate for HSRP in Karnataka is from Nov '23.

Ordered the HSRP through BookMyHsrp.com on Aug 30th and booked appointment for Sept 8th at the Cauvery Ford. The plates were ready and shipped to the Ford service centre in the first week of Sept.

I couldn't visit the dealer on Sept 8th; called up the concerned person in the dealer and informed I would be coming a day late for which he obliged. I reached the dealer today and in 30 mins, the plates were fixed.

Some points to note:
- Riveting and fitting at the fitting centre is mandatory
- Plates will not be handed over to customer.
- The fitting center person will take pics and send to the HSRP vendor.
- HSRP vendor then send HSRP fixing and Vahan portal updation SMSes.
- Old IND plates were neatly packed and kept in the boot.
- Nothing to be paid at the fitting centre.

Some pics at the Ford service centre!

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230909_163547.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230909_162306.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230909_161850.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909103629.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909103834.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909104522.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909104639.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909105728.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230909_161916.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230909_161858.jpg
arun1100 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 11:11   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I tried for my Activa. It's a KA registered 2009 model.

Boomyhsrp
Shows "As a Vendor we are not authorised for this vehicle Please visit www.siam.in for respective HSRP Maker."

makemyhsrp
Shows "Order cannot be placed for State : [KA]"

orderyourhsrp
It's allowing me to furnish the basic details, able to retrieve registration details. But couldn't continue as I am not getting OTP to continue further.

Will try some other time.
I could able to place the order through orderyourhsrp for my 2009 Activa and selected Saphire Honda JP Nagar for installation.

https://goo.gl/maps/mHBNfGiJgedtTGyM6

My appointment time was at September 9, 4.30pm, I went there on time and it's a very smooth process. Took just 10 minutes. They took the photos and told me that they will upload it later.
I can see many people are coming for the installation and good to see everything is managed properly.
Old 11th September 2023, 21:55   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Also, never seen an HSRP on a classic vehicle having the Cxx or Mxx series either. I wouldn't want to dare try it on my bajaj scooter. I will delay until the penultimate moment. But, am extremely curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
It's done for my Chetak (3 digit old WB number), but I can't find a photo of it on my phone right now and the scooter is 2000kms away from me.
Found a photo of our Chetak in my archives. HSRP installed in 2021. Hope this helps.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20211225_123053.jpg
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 23:05   #192
BHPian

For RE INT650
I got HSRP plates installed on my bike on 07 Sep 2023, after a day I got a call from Shimnit India to upload pics of the installed plates to their WhatsApp number 6362238497. Initially I was sceptical about sharing the pictures, so I ignored the call.

Today I called their customer care after not getting any confirmation, they also requested me to upload the pictures, but to a different number (7878431576).
Finally I whatsapp'ed the pics as it looks that is the only way forward.
Still the message is not read yet, so the waiting continues..

For Renault Duster
For the car the vendor is 'bookmyhsrp'
I was getting error while submitting my my car details. So I emailed their customercare. They replied asking for RC pic, Contact number and screenshot from VAHAN portal.
Hope this is okay to do ? as even for submitting HSRP request these details will be shared with this vendor website. Hope these vendors will safeguard our vehicle data!
Old 12th September 2023, 16:04   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Cost Rs 756 including taxes.
Was this for a single number plate or pair?
Old 12th September 2023, 17:19   #194
BHPian

I got HSRP affixed on my 2011 Hyundai Verna (Fluidic) at Blue Hyundai on Mysore road. Ordered through Book My HSRP. The plates were delivered in 2 days to the dealership.

Went on the appointed date. Plates were ready & the dealership person took a soft copy of my RC copy & payment receipt. The actual process took only 10 minutes but I had to spend some 30 minutes inside the dealership as it was pouring cats & dogs. Once the rain subsided, the plates were installed efficiently & without fuss.

It was a very breezy affair & they didn't pressure me to buy anything extra like a frame etc. It was a very pleasant experience.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 17:57   #195
Senior - BHPian

Some news related to authorised vendors for HSRP.

https://www.livelaw.in/high-court/ka...ernment-237588
arun1100 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks