Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 09:43   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I have a predicament. Both my cars are TN registered as I travel extensively between KA and TN.
I don't think you need to do anything right now - just keep an eye out for TN mandating HSRP. The KA notification is only applicable for vehicles registered in this state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Ona side note, I'm tired of running behind all these Government documentation half the time.
I was in the same boat as you. My name is spelt differently in every single document I have. But with Aadhaar linkage becoming pervasive the end is in sight, the privacy implications notwithstanding.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 11:59   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
After banging my head with M/s. Rosmerta Safety Systems (bookmyhsrp.com) over multiple emails I gave up. Each time I get a standard canned response with no effort to even read the details in the mail or go through the screenshots and attachments I provided.

Finally, I have escalated the matter to SIAM through their official email listed on the web site with a copy to Secretaries in both Central govt. Transport Ministry and Karnataka State Transport Ministry.

Not sure if anything will happen but nevertheless have tried and hope for the best.
Hello, Just got back from the Installation of the HSRP License Plates for our Maruti Suzuki Ertiga at Nexa, Pratham Motors, Museum Road.

Pretty much Hassle-free and was in and out of the Showroom in less than 15 Minutes. Both License Plates were inserted into the Existing Number Plate Cover, Riveted and Sticker placed on the Windshield. The Drive back home took almost an hour. ng

Will keep the thread posted on our Global Ford Fiesta's HSRP installation scheduled on Friday, 08th August at Cauvery Ford, Binnystone Garden.
KHegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 13:59   #123
BHPian

I just got the HSRP plates installed on my Innova Touring Sport from the dealership along with the windshield sticker.

There was confusion as to where the installation has to be done. I went to the showroom and I contacted the number mentioned on the invoice. He came and handed me the plates and told me to go to the service centre for installation. But, when I went there and met the person, he told me to again comeback to the back of the showroom where the accessories installation takes place.

I also wanted number plate frame and there was again confusion regarding that. The person in the showroom who handed me the plates mentioned that I will get the plates in the service centre. When I went there and asked for it, they told me that I will get it in the showroom.

So, I went directly to the accessories department and asked him there for the number plate frame and it was then he mentioned that I need to go to the parts store inside the service centre. Then I purchased the frame there and came back and then the plates along with the frame was riveted onto the car.

All this circus took around 1 hour or so. So, in case anyone wants number plate frame. First buy the frames from the parts store in the service centre. And then visit the showroom to collect the plates and then proceed for installation.

But, I now have a doubt about how the HSRP data is going to be updated on the RTO/ Vahan database. Can anyone help me with how to check this data regarding the update?

Thank you.
TURBO28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:32   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post

But, I now have a doubt about how the HSRP data is going to be updated on the RTO/ Vahan database. Can anyone help me with how to check this data regarding the update?
Today I went to get the HSRP plate installed on my i20 at Trident, Sadashivanagar. By the time I reached back home, I got a message saying the laser code hs been updated on VAHAN.
On the other hand, I got the number plates installed on my VW car on Friday and there is no update till today. In fact I got a message saying I may have missed the appointment to get the HSRP fixed. If the dealer is not prompt in updating it on VAHAN, I don't know if we can update the info ourselves.

Last edited by Guna : 4th September 2023 at 14:34.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 14:33   #125
BHPian

I have VW Vento 2011 TDI model. I have ordered HSRP name plate from makemyhsrp.com and is delivered to dealer Volkswagen Palace Road. The fitment date is 7th Sep 2023. Do I need to purchase a bracket or any other item before fixing it?
Old 4th September 2023, 14:48   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
On the other hand, I got the number plates installed on my VW car on Friday and there is no update till today. In fact I got a message saying I may have missed the appointment to get the HSRP fixed. If the dealer is not prompt in updating it on VAHAN, I don't know if we can update the info ourselves.
I did ask the guy who handed me the plates at the dealership regarding the update. He has no idea about it. He told me to contact the HSRP vendor and ask them about it.

I also asked my sales advisor who was assigned to me when we bought the car. He also has no idea about the update for old vehicles.

Thanks.
Old 4th September 2023, 16:28   #127
BHPian

Got the HSRP plates fitted for my Swift at Bimal Mahadevpura. Had to wait more than an hour as there were 3 fitments before me. Had to purchase the numberplate garnish (499/-) and they charged an extra 100/- for installation. They didn't install the rivet, they just screwed the garnish onto the car. Total damage was 617/- at Bimal + 768/- (bookmyhsrp)

Last edited by kap04 : 4th September 2023 at 16:37. Reason: Added details
Old 4th September 2023, 16:37   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Got the HSRP plates fitted for my Swift at Bimal Mahadevpura. Had to wait more than an hour as there were 3 fitments before me. Had to purchase the numberplate garnish (499/-) and they charged an extra 100/- for installation. They didn't install the rivet, they just screwed the garnish onto the car. Total damage was 617/- at Bimal.
I did the HSRP plates for our Celerio at Suraksha Koramangala. They tried selling me the garnish frame, which I refused - saw no need for it. Then came the part that really got my goat. They asked me to pay INR 100 for 'installation'. This when the receipt from the website clearly mentioned that the charges that I had already paid included installation fee and that I did not need to pay anything to the installer/dealer. Stood my ground and explained that I will not be paying to 4 different people and finally got it installed. They did use the rivets in my case.
Merril is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 21:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

I had an HSRP installation appointment for my Polo today (booked via makemyhsrp.com / Celex) at Volkswagen Whitefield (Apple Auto), Mahadevapura. The slip said their timings are 10AM-1PM, so I drove in at 11AM only to see a practically empty showroom.

The staff at the reception counter took the receipt and extracted my plates from a rather large pile on a table after searching for a few minutes (I think there were at least a hundred sets of plates in that pile). Then they had to summon the technician who was somewhere inside.

The technician took his own time, but eventually he came and removed the existing plates. He used those as guides to drill holes in the new ones and used the same screws to fix the new plates. I asked him about the rivets, he said - and I quote - "our machine for doing that is faulty". When I pointed out the cleanly riveted plates in a Virtus parked nearby (I guess awaiting delivery) he just shrugged it off - "you can get it riveted from anywhere else".

The sticker came in two layers - one transparent layer which has the various information printed, and one opaque blue layer that is supposed to be stuck to the first one. The tech tried to convince me that having only the transparent one is sufficient, I just need to keep the blue one in the car just in case any cop/MVI took an undue interest. I told him to stick both.

I was out of the showroom by 11.30AM, of which about 15-20 minutes was spent simply waiting for things to happen. I saw nobody else there who had come to get the plates fixed.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 22:13   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The siam website directed me to makemyhsrp.com. However, my vehicle is a Skoda and website gives me only the VW dealer in Mangalore as an option to fix the plate. The Skoda dealer is strangely missing in their list.
makemyhsrp.com would only have the plates delivered to the VW dealer even though my car was a Skoda. VW dealer refused to receive or fix the plates.

When I pointed this to makemyhsrp customer care, they asked me to apply through Skoda dealer.

The Skoda dealer in Mangalore, Tafe Access said they are awaiting instructions from head office in Bangalore as to how to proceed.

Finally, I put a note on the Tafe Access website. The same day evening, I received a call from Bangalore giving me a contact at Tafe Mangalore to do the needful. On calling the person at Mangalore, she asked me to pay 700 to place the order. I paid on the 31st of August evening and my HSRP plates and sticker were ready by 1st of September evening. Just 24 hours turnaround time. I was surprised and had to make sure the plates were genuine. Got them fitted the next day. The old plates were in a frame that was fixed to the car. The guy at Tafe simply opened the frame, removed the old plates, put in the new HSRP plates and closed the frame. No drilling new holes, screws, or rivets!!!

No charges for installation.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 4th September 2023 at 22:22.
Old 5th September 2023, 10:03   #131

I got my 2012 registered bike number plate replaced with HSRP yesterday. The process was hassle free. Completed the payment through siam.in suggested vendor and booked the slot. There was only 1 guy waiting for number plate replacement and the process was completed in 15 minutes. Only minor issue I faced was service center refusing to do this replacement and asked me to go to showroom.
Old 5th September 2023, 10:12   #132
BHPian

I had an appointment to fix the HSRP plate on my car today at Pratham Motors, Bellandur. On calling them up, I was asked if I received an SMS about the plate delivery, which I had not. The lady then searched through a pile of such plates on her side and said my plate has not come in yet.

Do we get an SMS from God-knows-who about the plate delivery to the fitment center? bookmyhsrp.com site only says the order status is Success.

I was told they would call me back when they get my plates. I don't expect this to happen, instead may have to call daily to check.
Old 5th September 2023, 10:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
Do we get an SMS from God-knows-who about the plate delivery to the fitment center?
For me - Rosmerta did, Celex didn't.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20230905103036353-1.jpg
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 10:58   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
I had an appointment to fix the HSRP plate on my car today at Pratham Motors, Bellandur. On calling them up, I was asked if I received an SMS about the plate delivery, which I had not. The lady then searched through a pile of such plates on her side and said my plate has not come in yet.
Exactly same situation here. I had booked HSRP plates for both my cars on 25th August. The plates for GV was delivered to Udupi dealership yesterday. However, the plates of i10 was not delivered to Trident Hyundai Whitefield dealership yet. The GV plates installation is scheduled another two weeks away. It was today for i10 plates, when I called to confirm it has arrived, they say it hasn't arrived.

Why does the website accept booking if they are incapable for delivering the plates on time? The Trident Hyundai dealer is saying they will inform me once they receive the plates. What is the point of booking an appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
On calling the person at Mangalore, she asked me to pay 700 to place the order. I paid on the 31st of August evening and my HSRP plates and sticker were ready by 1st of September evening. Just 24 hours turnaround time. I was surprised and had to make sure the plates were genuine. Got them fitted the next day.
Wow, that was fast. Mine has not happened even after 11 days. You didn't order via website?
Old 5th September 2023, 10:59   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
For me - Rosmerta did
30 mins after I spoke with Pratham folks this morning, Rosemerta sends a message stating my plates are ready for dispatch. Coincidence?

Waiting for the next message now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks