Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:49   #106
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
siam.in is the main recommended site. They in turn are supposed to redirect you to the other sites like bookmyhsrp etc based on the state, car make etc. However, siam.in didn't work for me as it kept opening the same site. bookmyhsrp.com was the only one listing Hyundai. Other websites had for other car manufacturers.

However siam.in now redirects you to the proper site based on your location and car manufacturer.

Last edited by car_addict : 2nd September 2023 at 15:50.
car_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:54   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaranjos View Post
Here's my experience getting a HSRP for my Dio.

A very smooth experience. The dealer has my HSRP and everything was done in 15 minutes flat. I was just the second customer who had come in with a old vehicle for the HSRP at that dealer. Things could get busier in the coming days.

https://Youtu.be/4Uiug8kbiEc

After a smooth HSRP installation for my Honda Dio, I was expecting the same for my Swift and boy, was I in for a surprise.

The dealer I had chosen was Kalyani Nexa (JP Nagar) and the slot I had was 10 to 12 on 02Sep2023.

I called the showroom number provided on the HSRP booking and the number was never answered. I called up the showroom and the attendant said she has no idea about what I am talking about.

Nonetheless I reached the showroom at the appointed hour and found another customer waiting for HSRP fitment as well. The other customer had received a call the previous day from Rosmerta (the HSRP vendor who maintains bookmyhsrp.com) I on the other hand had received no such intimation.

The dealer maintained that the HSRP fitment for old vehicles is totally Rosmerta's responsibility and they had nothing to do with it. That is contradictory to what the process is supposed to be.

While we were waiting, I got a call from Rosmerta saying that they will get the number plate home delivered and I will get a call for the same.
But since I was at the showroom any way, I decided to wait and watch.

The HSRP vendor came carrying the number plates by 11:30. And turns out it was for the slots the day before. We were told another guy is on the way and is bringing the current day's number plates. We waited another 45 minutes and the number plates were there. We checked and found our number plates in the lot and then started the installation.

The lone guy from the HSRP vendor started the process right on the main road since there was no space in the showroom. By the time my turn came he realised that my existing number plate had hex screws which he does not have a screwdriver for. The only equipment he had was a screwdriver, battery operated drill and the rivet gun.

So finally I got my front number plate and windscreen sticker fixed and left with the back number plate in my boot to be fixed at my own convenience.

So 2 dealers and 2 very different HSRP fittment experiences!

Last edited by sagaranjos : 2nd September 2023 at 16:03. Reason: typos
sagaranjos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 17:59   #108
BHPian

I have a pre-owned Skoda Laura bought in July 2017 and have run into an issue with HSRP. It seems VAHAN database has a NOC against the car from Jan 2017and hence the I cannot book HSRP installation until the NOC is cancelled.

I have no idea how a NOC can be active since Jan 2017, because I transferred the car to my name in July 2017. If it has a NOC, the transfer shouldn't be possible. Next, I will have to contact RTO to get this clarified before I can apply for HSRP.

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?
Old 2nd September 2023, 18:06   #109

I have a KIA Carens which was registered in KA 03 in August-2022. At the time of delivery, the car received an IND Plate which was riveted on to the car.

However the car met with an accident where I has damage to both the front and back of the car and thus, the number plates had to be replaced. I changed the HSRP for a new pair a couple of months back and got it done at an “official” shop in Varthur.

I have two questions -
1. The new HSRP does not have the serial number that the first one had and when I enquired regarding the same, the shop owner mentioned that it was standard that a replaced plate would not have the same and went on to say that the number is registered to my Registration Number and thus I shouldn’t have any problems
2. The HSRP was screwed on to the car and not riveted

Looking to check with the forum members to see if I am due to change the plate as well or if I am good with what I have. TIA for the inputs!
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRSiva27 View Post

Looking to check with the forum members to see if I am due to change the plate as well or if I am good with what I have. TIA for the inputs!
The current number plate needs to be replaced to HSRP plates.
Just order for a replacement plates from the websites mentioned in SIAM, the new plates will be delivered to dealer and you need to visit the dealer for fixing it.
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:43   #111
BHPian

Here is my experience with Jeep(KHT Prime)

I had a minor fender bender where my front number plate got damaged.

I applied for a replacement plate using make my HSRP.com.. the whole process of applying took about 5 minutes including paying the required fees.

I selected KHT prime Jeep in Domlur as my delivery point. The delivery manager from Jeep called me promptly and told that the plates were available with the dealer in Domlur branch. I went there this morning. They took all of 5 minutes to fix the plate while I had a good coffee at their dealership.

I also got those coloured stickers.

All in all end-to-end a great experience with makemyhsrp and Jeep.
sheelapratosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 21:13   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbatman View Post
I have Toyota Corolla and booked the hsrp number plate online paying the entire amount. I selected the nearby Toyota dealership and went in the morning on the date of appointment.
Thank you for sharing you experience.

I have ordered HSRP plates for my Innova Crysta and the appointment is on 06/09/2023.

Can you please let me know the name of the dealership and the location of the same?

Regards.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2023 at 05:12. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 2nd September 2023, 22:34   #113
BHPian

Ordered through makemyhsrp.com on 22/Aug as was given fixation date of HSRP on 29/Aug @KHT Domlur for my Fiat Punto. The order status still shows "order is in transit", called KHT on Friday but no update whatsoever from makemyhsrp neither through email/call.

How has been your experience with them?
Old 3rd September 2023, 00:56   #114

I ordered through hsrphr.com and it was a delightful experience to order. No glitch or followup needed. Moreover slots are easily available. Best part is you can get it delivered and fixed at your doorstep. The delivery person installed it in 5 mins and to my surprise didn’t ask for any tip. I paid INR 700 including number plate cost and home installation. Highly recommended for people staying in Gurgaon.
Passion2explore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 12:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Today I received a message from the maker of the HSRP plate saying I seem to have missed the HSRP fixing appointment as the fitment details are not updated on Vahan. Looks like if the dealer doesn't promptly upload the data it is going to be another headache!
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:13   #116
BHPian

Is this HSRP required for two wheelers as well ?
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Is this HSRP required for two wheelers as well ?
Yes. In Karnataka it is mandatory and the deadline is November 2023
Old 3rd September 2023, 21:13   #118
BHPian

Mine is a KA registered vehicle but I don't stay in Karnataka anymore. I occasionally drive down to Bangalore, so I would like to fix this by the deadline. Any idea if they ship the number plate to another state (AP)?

In case anyone has experience of getting the same done in Prerana Motors in Yelahanka, please let me know. If shipping outside is not possible, this looks to be the nearest center.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 08:31   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion2explore View Post
I ordered through hsrphr.com and it was a delightful experience to order. No glitch or followup needed. Moreover slots are easily available. Best part is you can get it delivered and fixed at your doorstep. The delivery person installed it in 5 mins and to my surprise didn’t ask for any tip. I paid INR 700 including number plate cost and home installation. Highly recommended for people staying in Gurgaon.
For my 2011 Hyundai i10 in Bangalore, I wasn't offered "home installation" as an option. It said "option disallowed" when I chose it. Why is that?

So I had no choice but to chose a Hyundai dealership. Hope it goes smoothly.
Old 4th September 2023, 09:01   #120
Senior - BHPian

I have a predicament. Both my cars are TN registered as I travel extensively between KA and TN. And bookmyhsrp.com doesn't show TN as an option at all. Also no Mitsubishi.

Ona side note, I'm tired of running behind all these Government documentation half the time. Voter ID, Aadhar, PAN, linking Aadhar and PAN, Change of address, change of name to match PAN (Aadhar had initials, PAN has expanded initials). My KYC is not registering online for banking. And now this. For each of these, I need to take leave and travel to get the job done and sometimes it takes more than a couple of visits.

Last edited by discoverwild : 4th September 2023 at 09:02.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks