Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2024, 06:58   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 20th November 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Super! I look forward to sending a steady stream of pictures to the BTP anonymous handle
Hold your horses :-)

Quote:
Planning to extend HSRP deadline for old vehicles till September
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...81364.ece/amp/
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 07:47   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Drat! Have to delete all those pictures I took of my neighbors’ cars
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 17:12   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviroclan View Post
I am facing problem ordering HSRP for my Kinetic Flyte. Since Kinetic has shut down operations, if I order them online it shows no data is available and contact Celex for assistance. They say that they are not authorized for Kinetic vehicles. Is there any way to find the HSRP provider for Kinetic Motors vehicles.
Hi, I am also facing exact same issue. I spoke to HSRP helpline provided on site and they only managed to tell me that I should contact the RTO. A visit to RTO and the person there was blunt in saying that since Kinetic was acquired by Mahindra, I should get a letter from Mahindra 2 wheelers about this acquisition for them to consider the request for order. Kind of hit the wall with that.
Anybody else has any experience in ordering HSRP for kinetic sym flyte?
Old 15th June 2024, 22:51   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Hi, I am also facing exact same issue. I spoke to HSRP helpline provided on site and they only managed to tell me that I should contact the RTO. A visit to RTO and the person there was blunt in saying that since Kinetic was acquired by Mahindra, I should get a letter from Mahindra 2 wheelers about this acquisition for them to consider the request for order. Kind of hit the wall with that.
Anybody else has any experience in ordering HSRP for kinetic sym flyte?
Mine was exactly the opposite of what you experienced in RTO. A very friendly and helpful person in charge of IT cell in RTO office took my RC and other details like insurance and emission certificate and facilitated the entire process chatting with me and even booking plates for me there itself. I was surprised when he asked me to pay by upi the amount and shared me the screenshot. He directed me to collect the plates from a local honda dealer. A very pleasant experience indeed. It is possible in RTO offices that they can login with their ID and can facilitate the process for vehicles whose company is closed now as told by him.
Enviroclan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 10:26   #710
Team-BHP Support

Frankly the biggest block is the involvement of dealers, mismatch of manufacturer databases and a limited number of HSRP suppliers.

What the government should do have specific number plate issuing agencies.

These agencies should verify against your RC details and place the order. You then visit at at the appointed time and fit the plates. They can physically verify the car details

At present there are plenty of flaws and also no one verifies if the car with the plates fitted matches the VIN number
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 19:55   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviroclan View Post
Mine was exactly the opposite of what you experienced in RTO. A very friendly and helpful person in charge of IT cell in RTO office took my RC and other details like insurance and emission certificate and facilitated the entire process chatting with me
Thank you for the revert. Please let me know if this was for Kinetic sym or any other vehicle?
Old 18th June 2024, 11:19   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
My Bangalore registered Honda Activa RC card mentions the manufacturer as 'Others'. Due to this the HSRP portal is throwing an error that the vehicle information is not available on Vahan and unable to proceed further.

Why doesn't the Govt take steps to rectify these type of error? Every one knows Honda Activa manufacturer is Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (p) Ltd. Why don't these Govt portal go by the vehicle model itself and ease the HSRP process? I think there is no co-ordination between RTOs and Parivahan in these matters.
Last year when I was doing paperwork to sell my 13 years old Honda Unicorn, I noticed that my bike's RTO had entered Honda Cars India Ltd. as the manufacturer, as opposed to Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (Pvt.) Ltd.

Had to get it corrected at the RTO before getting my NOC and transferring the bike to the buyer's name. Even after receiving everything in order from the Showroom staff, the RTO people make silly mistakes and then the buyer/seller has to suffer for no fault of theirs.
Old 20th June 2024, 22:07   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Thank you for the revert. Please let me know if this was for Kinetic sym or any other vehicle?
Yes mine is kinetic SYM 2008 model,125cc.
Enviroclan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 19:35   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think the HSRP installation process requires the installing agency to take photos of the installation and upload them, along with the plate serial numbers, to the Vaahan portal. It is very unlikely that someone outside a given state will have that kind of access.
Sorry, if it was already clarified in the thread before. For my Octavia HSRP installation, Skoda dealer did not take any pictures so doubt the process is complete. Any tips to validate everything is in place as expected would be of great help!
vmanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 02:26   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmanu View Post
Sorry, if it was already clarified in the thread before. For my Octavia HSRP installation, Skoda dealer did not take any pictures so doubt the process is complete. Any tips to validate everything is in place as expected would be of great help!
Dealers don't take any photos. Only the Agency guys who come to fit it need to take a photo as proof.
This has been the case for me.
Old 30th June 2024, 12:44   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
I have a problem with my 2012 second ownership Innova. For Toyota we are directed to ordermyhsrp site. When i enter the details, the vahan site gives status as "NOC Issued"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I am stuck with the exact same problem. NOC is issued for transferring ownership.

Hey did you guys manage to solve this? I'm facing the same problem with one of my cars. What's the way to resolve this?
Old 30th June 2024, 21:06   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hey did you guys manage to solve this? I'm facing the same problem with one of my cars. What's the way to resolve this?
I emailed VAHAN helpdesk and the RTO. I got a reply from the RTO asking to contact another RTO (they do check emails) as the regions have been split. VAHAN helpdesk replied saying it is not possible and directed me to the concerned RTO. A week later I sent another email to VAHAN helpdesk attaching the "RC Details" from Parivahan. About 10 days later, I found that the issue was resolved. I did not get any email or message about the same. I am not exactly sure which email worked for me. Hope it helps.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2024, 21:49   #718

Is the HSRP sticker on the windshield mandatory ?
nadodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 07:17   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadodi View Post
Is the HSRP sticker on the windshield mandatory ?
Very much so. The HSRP regime mandates the 2 number plates, along with the colour-coded sticker which has both the unique plate numbers.

As fas as I know, you can order it separately for a nominal 100 bucks or so.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 21:21   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very much so. The HSRP regime mandates the 2 number plates, along with the colour-coded sticker which has both the unique plate numbers.

As fas as I know, you can order it separately for a nominal 100 bucks or so.
Thanks - my detailing vendor ripped it off while doing ceramic coating and the dealer's staff when checked said that it is fine to run without it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks