Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 23:44   #691

Re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Please update the forum (this thread) when your application is accepted by the HSRP portal.
Just tried and still see the vehicle details mismatch message on the portal.
Looks like I would need to revisit again
Old 1st June 2024, 12:20   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Pasting the content here so it's easier for people
Finally visited the Kasturinagar RTO KA03 today and submitted the request letter as per the format you provided.

The process was -

Visit counter 5 on 2nd floor - person there will visually verify data of your application with your original RC and sign. I was asked for a photo copy of the RC. Luckily I had one.

Move to counter 3 , Person there will verify your details in the system and put a seal.

Move to counter 1 , person there will receive your application, write a reference number on it and will ask to take a photograph of it for reference.

Take a photo and give back the form.

Your task is done at RTO.

Do keep your fingers crossed and wish/pray that the task gets done correctly

I was told it will take around 15 days for the update to reflect.

I always carry a stapler and glue stick when I go to RTO.but this time I didn't. Had to apologise to the person at counter 1 and he luckily stapled the pages for me ( and did not send me back, which I thought he was going to)

Now, have to wait and see what decision the court/ authorities will take after Jun12 deadline. Hope they will extend considering the huge number of pending conversions.
HummerH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 14:20   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Finally visited the Kasturinagar RTO KA03 today and submitted the request letter as per the format you provided..
Update/Attention I was able to order my HSRP now. Know that I submitted my application to RTO in the morning today. Was able to Schedule for fitment on next Saturday.

So, Try directly in HSRP portal after you have given the application. Don't wait for vahan portal to get updated.
I am guessing RTO people are updating the details in the backend immediately. I am yet to check Vahan portal.
Old 1st June 2024, 15:20   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Update/Attention
I am guessing RTO people are updating the details in the backend immediately. I am yet to check Vahan portal.
I agree with your POV. I submitted the letter to RTO on 24th May through my friend's staff at Bangalore as I reside outside Karnataka.

As soon as the application was submitted, the staff called me and check the HSRP portal. The HSRP portal flashed that Vahan was successfully updated and I was able to book the HSRP plate. Everything was concluded within 30 minutes.

It's 8 days since I ordered the HSRP. The Vahan site still shows my vehicle old records (it still shows manufacturer as 'Others' instead of 'HMSI'

I am not bothered with what the Vahan site shows now or in coming days. The records are updated in the backend and I am able to get the needful done and that's all is what matters to me.

Last edited by ashkamath : 1st June 2024 at 15:22.
ashkamath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:39   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
If you check my 2nd point -

"Vehicle details available in Vahan but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM."

This is something I am not able to understand!! The vehicle belongs to the state of Karnataka, never left the state. Should I walk into any Yamaha dealer and check? I guess will find some answers...

Did you find any solutions for this issue? I have similar issue for my Honda Unicorn 2005 model.
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:48   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Did you find any solutions for this issue? I have similar issue for my Honda Unicorn 2005 model.
Please visit your respective RTO and submit a letter stating the error in the RC with a request to rectify the same.

The RTO officials make the changes in their system and thereafter you will be able to apply through the HSRP portal.

The changes will not be reflected in the Vahan portal. However, when you log into the HSRP portal, you will get a message that 'Vahan has successfully been updated' and you will be able to place your order.

I was able to complete the complete process from submitting a request letter to RTO to placing the order at the HSRP portal within 30 minutes.

Some members here have reported that they have submitted the correction request / application to their respective RTO, but they are still unable to place the order and the error persists even after many days.

I believe it is for the respective RTO official to take up this matter and make the necessary changes in their system. You may probably have to sit with the RTO official and put some pressure to do the needful immediately and follow up diligently.

Please dont use an agent as you never know if they submitted your application or not. It is a simple process and you can directly approach the RTO official and get this done. there is no form to fill and no payment to make. So please approach the RTO official directly and get your work done.

Last edited by ashkamath : 3rd June 2024 at 20:51. Reason: Spelling correction
ashkamath is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 15:53   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
I am yet to submit the letter to the RTO. Will probably do that this week and hopefully things will get sorted...
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 22:01   #698

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA_35 View Post
Just tried and still see the vehicle details mismatch message on the portal.
Looks like I would need to revisit again
Update: Revisited the HSR RTO and got it rectified the same day this time!!

Upon visit, was directed to first floor - room no. 3, where the application was reviewed by 2 officials and was redirected to ground floor - room no. 5. Post a system update, was again sent back to first floor - room no. 3 to submit the application at a different desk. Finished this whole exercise in 20 mins and returned back. Though didn't get any call but out of curiosity, the same evening when I tried to book the hsrp in https://bookmyhsrp.com, was successful

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th June 2024 at 11:10. Reason: Typos.
CTA_35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 11:53   #699
BHPian

Went to FTA HSRP fitment center, Munnekolal near Marathahalli bridge.

I had started getting sms since 2 days. They charged 150. They had all the required plastic backing plates and job was done in 5 mins on my Dio. I had a horizontal single row plate in front earlier but now it's a square one. Luckily there is a small clearance for the handle movement. Rest all good for now. They have a huge shed set up with 3 or 4 presses on spot which were busy. I think they make the plates there itself. They also had huge piles of ready to fit plates. This place is bit on the interior, but easy to navigate with Google map.On Google map it shows up as HSRP fitment center, Marathahalli.

I can recommend this center for people around Marathahalli. Their start time is 10.30am. But, I was there before that ,they were open and did the fitment without any fuss.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20240608_102809178.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2024 at 06:09.
Old 11th June 2024, 10:40   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karnataka govt warns of hefty fines for not installing HSRP number plates after June 12
https://newsable.asianetnews.com/amp...-12-vkp-sewgk8
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 15:25   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Super! I look forward to sending a steady stream of pictures to the BTP anonymous handle
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 15:42   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
This is tricky. When I logged into the bookyourhsrp portal sometime in Mid May, with a request for dealership place fitment, I got end of June date to which I agreed as there were no other dates available for the entire May and June month.

I would have gladly got the HSRP fitment done in May, had the Bookyourhsrp portal given me the date. Their next available date was end of June which I had no option, but to take.

So, whose mistake is this? The HSRP portal is overloaded and is giving dates beyond 12th June and we have no option but to grab it..

It would be an interesting conversation with the police if they catch me (between 12th June to end of June) with old number plate and a HSRP booking dated mid May.
Old 11th June 2024, 15:50   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
So, whose mistake is this? The HSRP portal is overloaded and is giving dates beyond 12th June and we have no option but to grab it..
At the time one of the previous extensions was announced, they had mentioned you wouldn't be fined if you could prove you had ordered HSRP before the deadline, and it is only the fitting that is pending. I think if you go back far enough, you'll find a reference to that in this thread itself.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 15:55   #704
BHPian

Apologies if this has been clarified in this thread before, but are we now allowed to get the HSRPs home delivered? This is for my bike which is KA registered but has been parked at my house in WB for the past 2 years. The last time I tried applying for an HSRP for the bike (last year), I was asked to visit one of the authorized garages on the list (all of them were in KA) for fitment, but that is not an option for me. Would be great if someone could give an update on this.
Old 11th June 2024, 16:19   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Apologies if this has been clarified in this thread before, but are we now allowed to get the HSRPs home delivered? This is for my bike which is KA registered but has been parked at my house in WB for the past 2 years. The last time I tried applying for an HSRP for the bike (last year), I was asked to visit one of the authorized garages on the list (all of them were in KA) for fitment, but that is not an option for me. Would be great if someone could give an update on this.
I reside in Goa and my vehicle is Bangalore registered. The vehicle is used regularly in Goa. When I booked the HSRP on their portal, I opted for home delivery with my Goa address. I received a message that the HSRP cannot be delivered outside Karnataka. Then I opted for Karwar Dealer as that's the nearest dealership within Karnataka, where I can take my vehicle and get the needful done and my request was accepted.

In your case, I suggest you to provide an address within Karnataka state as your home address (perhaps a relative, colleague or friend) and once they receive it, they can courier it to your present address and you can get the HSRP affixed locally..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks