Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2024, 15:23   #676

Re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvagarwal View Post
Could you please provide these/ any other escalation email IDs that you have (of Rosmerta/ BookmyHSRP)?

I had placed an order for the sticker for our Maruti Ritz in March. The date for home installation was 12th April. Buggers have not even manufactured it, it seems. Have not been able to speak to anyone reasonable on their team. Any escalation contacts will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
As I said, Rosmerta made it clear that they were not authorized to book the sticker for vehicles which are registered after 1st April 2019. I was asked to connect with the dealer. So I got in touch with Apple Auto VW Whitefield and the folks there helped me get the sticker in 4 days. I don't have any other escalation email ids.
Legender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 10:23   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le68200716.ece

Quote:
The State government on Tuesday (May 21) told the High Court of Karnataka that it would not take any precipitative action until June 12 on fixing High-Security Registration Plates (HSRP) for old vehicles registered prior to April 1, 2019, after the current deadline expires on May 31.
What does it mean?
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:30   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
It means that the state will not take sudden actions immediately after the expiry of the dead line. That is some thing like large scale checking of vehicles and levying fines, or giving the vehicle owners notices for fines etc, immediately (next day morning types) after the dead line ends. In simple words; the government may just give another extension .
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 13:09   #679
BHPian

My Bangalore registered Honda Activa RC card mentions the manufacturer as 'Others'. Due to this the HSRP portal is throwing an error that the vehicle information is not available on Vahan and unable to proceed further.

Why doesn't the Govt take steps to rectify these type of error? Every one knows Honda Activa manufacturer is Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (p) Ltd. Why don't these Govt portal go by the vehicle model itself and ease the HSRP process? I think there is no co-ordination between RTOs and Parivahan in these matters.

I was speaking with an agent just now and he said, there are lakhs of vehicles with such minor errors in RC and it is creating lot of issues as the HSRP portal is unable to retrieve the necessary information from the Vahan portal or the information mismatch is there.

I believe the HSRP portal must include a 'Others' category in their list of vehicle manufacturers and whenever the manufacturer is found as 'Others' Just refer to the vehicle make and model (In my case Honda Activa) and deduce the manufacturer from there. A small tweaking of the HSRP portal software could do this workaround.

But then, I guess no one cares. Just declaring a dead line and then imposing penalty is the only way the Govt seems to know. No one is trying to understand the issues and resolve them.

I don't know if I have to take my Honda Activa to the RTO for change in the RC manufacturer information and further than that I don't know how to prove that Honda Activa was manufactured by Honda. Speak of bureacratic ineptitude or general apathy.
ashkamath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:38   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
My Bangalore registered Honda Activa RC card mentions the manufacturer as 'Others'. Due to this the HSRP portal is throwing an error that the vehicle information is not available on Vahan and unable to proceed further...
I had the same issue with our 2006 Honda City. It required us to submit a letter at the RTO (owner need not go).

A sample of the letter is here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5653418 (HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd May 2024 at 15:25. Reason: Trimmed quote.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:23   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I had the same issue with our 2006 Honda City. It required us to submit a letter at the RTO (owner need not go).
Thanks for the letter format. Though my vehicle is from Bangalore, I don't live in Karnataka since many years. I have sent the necessary letter with my signature, in pdf file format through whatsapp to my friend in Bangalore and requested him to submit it to the RTO officials and get the matter resolved. Hope that should suffice, else if they find the printed signature unacceptable, I might have to courier the letter to my friend or personally come down to Bangalore to get this work done. I hope the RTO won't make it difficult for me. Keeping fingers crossed. Will revert here on the outcome.
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:27   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the letter format. Though my vehicle is from Bangalore, I don't live in Karnataka since many years. I have sent the necessary letter with my signature, in pdf file format through whatsapp to my friend in Bangalore and requested him to submit it to the RTO officials and get the matter resolved. Hope that should suffice, else if they find the printed signature unacceptable, I might have to courier the letter to my friend or personally come down to Bangalore to get this work done. I hope the RTO won't make it difficult for me. Keeping fingers crossed. Will revert here on the outcome.
Might sound nefarious, but send the PDF/DOC without your signature and ask your friend to sign it as you. The printed signature is unlikely to pass muster with these guys since they're always looking to cause issues anyway
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 19:33   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Might sound nefarious, but send the PDF/DOC without your signature and ask your friend to sign it as you. The printed signature is unlikely to pass muster with these guys since they're always looking to cause issues anyway

Following your advice, I prepared an application (format provided by you) and sent it over to my friend in Bangalore, yesterday through WhatsApp. He took a printout of the same.

Today His staff, took the printed copy of my letter to the RTO Central at HSR Layout and submitted the same to the officials and within 10 minutes or so, the staff called me from RTO office and asked me to log into 'OrderyourHSRP' portal and check if my application goes through. Earlier my multiple attempts were foiled with message that the information of my vehicle was not matching with that in Vahan portal.

I submitted the necessary vehicle related information in the 'OrderyourHSRP' Portal and I received the message that 'Vahan is updated successfully' and my application went through.

I opted for a dealer place fitment at Karwar dealer of the scooter (I stay in Goa and they don't deliver the number plates to Goa) and made the payment. I communicated the same to Karwar dealer and he assured me that he will inform me as soon as the HSRP number plate arrives at his place. I will take my scooter to Karwar and get the number plate fixed once I hear from the dealer.

I wanted to update the status here, so that it might be of help to others too. Thanks Ashwin Sir for your kind assistance.
Old 25th May 2024, 09:34   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automata View Post
They said it would take 10 days for the change to reflect.
Around 9 days later when I tried to apply for HSRP again, it worked. Just got my HSRP fitted.
So, they did not reissue the plastic RC card ? Based on your statement I assume they just updated their database with the correct manufacturer. Please confirm.

Quote:
I have attached the template I used.
Thank you to automata for providing another template and the resolution for this pesky issue!
I am not able to open the document. Is there any specific steps I need to take to open it?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th May 2024 at 16:03. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 25th May 2024, 09:57   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
I am not able to open the document. Is there any specific steps I need to take to open it?
Seems like a forum bug. You should report it in the thread for that.

For now simply rename the downloaded file to .docx instead of what it does (as .html) and you should be fine.
Old 25th May 2024, 10:48   #686

Quote:

A sample of the letter is here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5653418 (HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024)
Thank you so much for this. I have the same issue with my Aviator. Let me try this out and see if it works.
Old 25th May 2024, 11:22   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pasting the content here so it's easier for people

Quote:
To,
Regional Transport Office,
21st Main Road, Agara Village,
1st Sector, HSR Layout,
Bangalore – 560102

Date: 11th October 2023

From,
<FromAddress>

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Rectification of Maker Name on Vahan database for <vehicleNumber>

This is with reference to my car bearing the following details:
Registration Number: <vehicleNumber>
Chassis Number: <chassisNumber>
Engine Number: <engineNumber>

I am unable to apply for a HSRP number plate since the Maker’s name on the Vahan Database is “Others” instead of “HONDA CARS INDIA LTD”. Request you to please rectify this at the earliest so I can apply for the HSRP.

Regards,
<Name>

Ph: <phoneNumber>
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 13:57   #688
BHPian

Quote:
So, they did not reissue the plastic RC card ? Based on your statement I assume they just updated their database with the correct manufacturer. Please confirm.
Nope. In my case, yesterday the request letter to rectify the manufacturer name error in my RC card was submitted to the RTO office and within 10 minutes, the concerned official made the necessary changes/ updated my RC Card details in their computer system and then I was told that the details are updated and I was asked to go ahead and access the HSRP portal and apply for the number plate.

The RC CARD is not re-issued in my case. It was just a tweak of the records in the VAHAN portal by the RTO official.

I accessed the HSRP portal and was able to book my HSRP plate. From submission of letter to RTO office and booking the HSRP plate, all it took was less than 30 minutes

I believe the RTO is not reissuing the RC card is due to,

1. The process could take a long time and may be some form filled and payment to be made etc. It's a bureaucratic hassle that could as well be prevented if the correction doesn't really result in any material difference. The RC card may be re-issued if address is changed or owner name is erroneous and not if the manufacturer name is wrongly mentioned (one can find that out from vehicle model anyway)

2. The urgency in the present situation as Govt has given a deadline for getting the HSRP plates for old vehicles has expired (or we are somewhere close there). Issuing new RC card means another month or two delay and workload on RTO for the whole process of printing the new card.

So, the simple and easy way is to update the VAHAN portal and be done with it. Perhaps when the RC card renewal comes after 15 years, the RTO might incorporate the changes when the RC Card is renewed. In any case, the VAHAN portal reflect the changes and in the present digital world where we flash the VAHAN portal record instead of physical RC card when accosted by the police and the digital record is accepted as good as the hard copy, I think it's sufficient

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th May 2024 at 16:03. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 31st May 2024, 12:27   #689

Quote:

Today His staff, took the printed copy of my letter to the RTO Central at HSR Layout and submitted the same to the officials and within 10 minutes or so, the staff called me from RTO office and asked me to log into 'OrderyourHSRP' portal and check if my application goes through. Earlier my multiple attempts were foiled with message that the information of my vehicle was not matching with that in Vahan portal.

I submitted the necessary vehicle related information in the 'OrderyourHSRP' Portal and I received the message that 'Vahan is updated successfully' and my application went through.

Glad to know about the quick turnover.

However, in my case, I went to the HSR RTO office on 2nd May with the letter. The official just took a photo of the RC card on his mobile and told me that it would take a month to update. To date, I haven't received any calls nor seen any updates on the Vahan site.

I wanted to know, once they rectify the issue, will the manufacturer information show the correct information on the Vahan site?
Old 31st May 2024, 15:12   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA_35 View Post
Glad to know about the quick turnover.

However, in my case, I went to the HSR RTO office on 2nd May with the letter. The official just took a photo of the RC card on his mobile and told me that it would take a month to update. To date, I haven't received any calls nor seen any updates on the Vahan site.

I wanted to know, once they rectify the issue, will the manufacturer information show the correct information on the Vahan site?
Well, Even after the RTO make the necessary changes in their system, the Vahan Portal still reflects the old data, i.e. in my case, the manufacturer as "Others" instead of HMSI. I logged into the mParivahan app just now and checked the vehicle RC details. It still shows the old data and not the corrected data.

So, the Vahan Portal wont show the correct information in the portal.

My suggestion is that you go to https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/ and submit your vehicle details and try to order the HSRP plate. Earlier, every time I tried the portal used to throw an error that the data provided did not match with the Vahan Portal data. However, after my submission of the letter, when I attempted to order the HSRP through the same portal, a message flashed that Vahan is succesfully updated.That's the only information I received and I was able to book the HSRP.

Please go to https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/ and submit your vehicle details and see if it goes through. Other than that there is no way to know if the RTO has updated your details in their system.

Please update the forum (this thread) when your application is accepted by the HSRP portal.

Last edited by ashkamath : 31st May 2024 at 15:15. Reason: Added some more relevant information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks