Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 13:46   #646
Senior - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Make sure that you submit your application where last FC was done. In my case, my vehicle was KA03, but FC was done at Yeshwantpur RTO. So, I needed to submit my application at Yeshwantpur RTO.
Thank you for the detailed note. This is what I was looking for. I will be submitting this in Yeshwantpur RTO as well. Do you remember the counter # where this was submitted? If you have the sample letter you submitted to the RTO, that would be helpful as well. TIA.
Old 14th February 2024, 13:59   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Thank you for the detailed note. This is what I was looking for. I will be submitting this in Yeshwantpur RTO as well. Do you remember the counter # where this was submitted? If you have the sample letter you submitted to the RTO, that would be helpful as well. TIA.
I had asked my friend to submit the letter. So, I do not know the counter #. But it should be easy to figure that out.
Can you share your email ID so that I can send you the template that I had used. (Note: I had got this template from one of the BHPian ).
Old 14th February 2024, 19:43   #648
Senior - BHPian

Karnataka has extended the HSRP deadline by 3 months owing to dismal % of vehicles that have got HSRP installed. This comes as a huge relief for those who have been scampering to get a slot. The bookmyhsrp and siam site has been giving a lot of grief since last 4-5 days after a few reels and forwards went viral on lines of heavy tines if HSRP is not installed.

Only 9.16% have managed to install.

One of the sources.

Last edited by funkykar : 14th February 2024 at 19:49.
funkykar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 08:27   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone done the HSRP plates for older/vintage cars?
I have a Fiat 1100 registered in 72'
Please do let us know.

I have a CKR series bike and the website keeps throwing up a message that the Reg No is invalid !!

Thanks !
M
Old 15th February 2024, 13:08   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Karnataka has extended the HSRP deadline by 3 months owing to dismal % of vehicles that have got HSRP installed. This comes as a huge relief for those who have been scampering to get a slot. The bookmyhsrp and siam site has been giving a lot of grief since last 4-5 days after a few reels and forwards went viral on lines of heavy tines if HSRP is not installed.

Only 9.16% have managed to install.

One of the sources.
I still don't understand why there is a restriction in terms of 2019 for booking plates online. Tomorrow if there is a damage to the plates, why cannot I simply book plates online for the vehicle irrespective of the age of registration?

The replacement booking or new booking should be the same process, if one wants new plates approach the authorised dealer and get them.
Old 15th February 2024, 16:07   #651
BHPian

I have a swift bought in 2017 registered in Pune Maharashtra, how can I get HSRP plate for my car? Is there a process laid out for HSRP in Maharashtra or government is still checking for supplier tie ups for older vehicles HSRP?
Old 15th February 2024, 22:33   #652
BHPian

Re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Folks

How do you go about getting the HSRP done for a TN registered car in Karnataka? The site does not seem to have Tamilnadu listed. A friend is trying to get this done for her TN registered car, any inputs would be great!
Old 18th February 2024, 17:54   #653
BHPian

Hi folks, I have questions about the fitment screws v/s rivets.

Vehicle 1: TVS Zest 110. Purchased in 2022, This vehicle comes with the 2 standard holes for non HSRP plates, so when the plates came, the service station screwed it instead of riveting it.

Vehicle 2: Tata Manza 2010: Went to Adishakti cars (near lumbini gardens) yesterday, Had to personally search for my plates and go a little from pillar to post for them to find a person to fix it.
The rear plate came off without and issue, but they again fixed it with a screw rather than a rivet.
The bolt holding the front plate was rusted and would not come off, I had to get a FNG to remove the bumper to do it for me. Again, this was fixed with a screw and not with rivets.

I also didnt get the windshield sticker in the package.

I know the purpose of HSRP , but if the authorized service stations are doing this, I am not sure if it serves the purpose and the cops will buy this reason. Are there people with similar issues ? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 18th February 2024, 18:08   #654
Senior - BHPian

With elections around the corner the Govt won't want to upset anyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Karnataka has extended the HSRP deadline by 3 months owing to dismal % of vehicles that have got HSRP installed.
Old 18th February 2024, 20:19   #655
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully this hasn't been posted here earlier (didn't go through the thread from beginning) - this is a GoI notification regarding HSRP registration for vehicles registered in states which have not made it mandatory, and driving in states where it is mandatory
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GOI Advisory reg HSRP.pdf (606.7 KB, 88 views)
vrprabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 16:45   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the plates done for our car today. 15-20 minute job, the guy who came home to fix them was very competent.

Even though we hardly ever use the car these days in the city, we do use it for road trips, so decided to get them done as soon as possible. Booked online without any hassle (2018 Swift), got an appointment, guy came home and fixed them.
Old 20th February 2024, 17:54   #657
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Got the plates done for our car today.
I could see only home delivery and dealer fitting options in bookmyhsrp. Did you opt for home delivery?
So the home delivery option is along with fitting too? I was thinking I would fit myself using the existing frames!
Old 20th February 2024, 19:30   #658
BHPian

Is there some glitch in the system or is it people being their normal indifferent selves ?
I got mine done for couple of cars last year when it was announced. I wish unless there is some genuine concern, the authorities should not have extended the date
Old 21st February 2024, 09:32   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Did you opt for home delivery?
So the home delivery option is along with fitting too? I was thinking I would fit myself using the existing frames!
Yes, home delivery.

The fitting involved drilling holes in the new license plate, some sort of special rivet and some sort of tool that clamped and cut off the extra rivet length.

I'm not sure if the fitting can be done without that tool. Given that the whole point of the new license plates are to ensure that people can't easily swap them out, I'm guessing that might be hard to DIY. But not sure, maybe there is an option. I just didn't want the hassle.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 11:53   #660
BHPian

Folks,
Has anyone got the HSRP done for their old Yezdi / Jawa (Ideal Jawa)
Having no luck with the email id on the website.

Regards
M

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks